onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Storms Out Of Post Match Press!!

carpetman123

Micky doesn't look at the sentinel he tells us anyway

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Micky is a senior manager at PVFC, he needs to start being a leader rather than just the person who picks the team.

This sort of petulant behaviour, throwing his toys out of the pram doesn't show he is a leader, more of a panicking headless chicken. He needs to start being the role model he should be for all HIS STAFF

He is not just an employee on £15K a year, he's highly paid, trained to deal with the media, should be trained in man management and should be setting a far better example - all just IMHO of course

will you give it a ****ing rest? Micky had been excellent through all this, defending and praising his team do was always going to be annoyed with the questions asked.

Advert

will you give it a ****ing rest? Micky had been excellent through all this, defending and praising his team do was always going to be annoyed with the questions asked.

Agreed..maybe all his training and experience led him to conclude that leaving was the best course of action? I'd not have hung around when there are more important things to deal with

Actually thinking abou this more, can anyone recall a post match radio interview Micky did with Sandoz (I think). Can't remember the game but Matt asked him something which riled him so much Micky gave him dead air for a few seconds.

Acres called him (MA) unprofessional.

Acres then went on to make lots of mistakes during the programme.

He's got history of getting rattled.

Guest fitzgerald_pvfc

Good on Micky.

Even I've been getting fed-up of the questions Radio Stoke (Sandoz I think it is) ask in the post match interview.

Actually thinking abou this more, can anyone recall a post match radio interview Micky did with Sandoz (I think). Can't remember the game but Matt asked him something which riled him so much Micky gave him dead air for a few seconds.

Acres called him (MA) unprofessional.

Acres then went on to make lots of mistakes during the programme.

He's got history of getting rattled.

Micky > Knackers and Sandoz x 100!

Love you Micky!! :D

Anyone get the feeling Gary doesn't like Micky much? :D

No real opinion of him one way or the other as a football manager, he's not set the world alight and he's massively overpaid for this division and I wouldn't be surprised if a new owner brings in their own manager so I wonder how that will go down with some.

I just don't think his public profile in these last few weeks has been one of a highly paid and senior member of management at Port Vale, it hasn't been one of a leader during a time of crisis. Generally his comments and public persona IMO have been unprofessional.

Can I ask how he can defend his players by simply walking away in a huff?

To be told to give it a ****ing rest - I apologise, I thought it was all about opinions, clearly I was wrong so I'm sorry for having an opinion.

:banghead:

Hang on, Micky is the MANAGER of PVFC, on a very hefty wage. Press conferences are part and parcel of the job. Throwing your toys out of the pram because you don't like a question you're asked is a bit unprofessional if you ask me.

I've been very disappointed with MA over the last few weeks, his comments after the Accrington game about not caring about the result, then his comments after the Barnet match. MA's main asset is his ability to motivate players (tactically he is poor, no one can deny that) but if he can't even motivate himself, which is how it seems at the moment, where will that leave us?

And before people say he's the best thing to happen to Port Vale, I think it's the opposite; we are the best thing to happen to Micky Adams. He got a job when his stock was at it's lowest, he did well and got a move to the Championship with his home town club (the only club he would leave Vale for, even though he applied for the Colchester job the summer before). He then took them down, was fired and within days Vale offered him his old job back on 3x his original wage. If anybody owes anyone, MA owes the Vale for rescuing him from the scrap heap. It's time he got his head down, and got on with the job at hand rather than moaning all the time. And quite frankly, that goes for everyone involved with the club, staff/players/supporters. If you're in it for yourself, rather than the future of PVFC, you can bugger off for all I care. We're on a knife edge for our very survival at the moment and we need everyone pulling in the same direction.

Tin hat well and truly on.

Hang on, Micky is the MANAGER of PVFC, on a very hefty wage. Press conferences are part and parcel of the job. Throwing your toys out of the pram because you don't like a question you're asked is a bit unprofessional if you ask me.

I've been very disappointed with MA over the last few weeks, his comments after the Accrington game about not caring about the result, then his comments after the Barnet match. MA's main asset is his ability to motivate players (tactically he is poor, no one can deny that) but if he can't even motivate himself, which is how it seems at the moment, where will that leave us?

And before people say he's the best thing to happen to Port Vale, I think it's the opposite; we are the best thing to happen to Micky Adams. He got a job when his stock was at it's lowest, he did well and got a move to the Championship with his home town club (the only club he would leave Vale for, even though he applied for the Colchester job the summer before). He then took them down, was fired and within days Vale offered him his old job back on 3x his original wage. If anybody owes anyone, MA owes the Vale for rescuing him from the scrap heap. It's time he got his head down, and got on with the job at hand rather than moaning all the time. And quite frankly, that goes for everyone involved with the club, staff/players/supporters. If you're in it for yourself, rather than the future of PVFC, you can bugger off for all I care. We're on a knife edge for our very survival at the moment and we need everyone pulling in the same direction.

i agree with u and vale

Agreed. Unprofessional and massively over rated by some. But hey, he's lost Collins, so at least he has the excuse that his squad has been 'decimated' by admin.

Listen...MA is the only thing going for this club at the moment lose him and more fans will drift away, lets judge him when new owners are in place, he then has a decent footballing budget to get us out of this division....we all have been massively frustrated at the goings on at this club, I know I have wanted to shout, scream and throw things so let me tell you Micky is no different!!!

It does,nt help when reporters ask daft questions, Micky is Micky everybody knows you dont know what you are going to get from him from one day to the next, thats what the appeal is so let him have his rants.....we have all been there!!!

Agree 100%

Listen...MA is the only thing going for this club at the moment lose him and more fans will drift away, lets judge him when new owners are in place, he then has a decent footballing budget to get us out of this division....we all have been massively frustrated at the goings on at this club, I know I have wanted to shout, scream and throw things so let me tell you Micky is no different!!!

It does,nt help when reporters ask daft questions, Micky is Micky everybody knows you dont know what you are going to get from him from one day to the next, thats what the appeal is so let him have his rants.....we have all been there!!!

What he said! :yes:

1. he's massively overpaid for this division.

2. Can I ask how he can defend his players by simply walking away in a huff?

3. To be told to give it a ****ing rest - I apologise, I thought it was all about opinions, clearly I was wrong so I'm sorry for having an opinion.

:

1. Can I ask how you know this as it seems to be another rumour that has simply gathered momentum without any hard proof. Not saying you are wrong, would just like to see some factual evidence as it's constantly brought up to bash him.

2. I bet every single one of the players supported his actions, he made it clear what he thought of the stupid questions being asked, defended the players performance and stopped answering anymore stupid ones.

3. That was Burt, not me. He is a tad passionate it seems! :D

Archived