onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

MK Dons tickets - help needed

robf

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

What must be remembered is that Avanti is 70% owned by First and 30% owned by Trenitalia, which is essentially the italian government.

So we have a shocking overpriced service on our train lines whilst in Italy it's faster and cheaper, and 30% of Avanti's profits go to Italy, we subsidise them

All this is correct, but the involvement of First should in itself have raised alarm bells in those awarding the contract!

Advert

56 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Slightly off topic but XCountry are as bad, servicing the south west, incredibly expensive, rarely any offers and owned by Deutsche Bahn who offer cut price tickets in their home country.  Strange that.

Ah yes of course, worth noting thatthe WHOLE of Arriva is owned by Deutsche Bahn. Our Government is disgusting

Edit: It gets worse! Deutsche Bahn own DB Cargo UK which is our largest rail freight firm 

3 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

I've rung the ticket office 6 times today for a friend to find out what time the coach leaves Vale Park for MK Dons tomorrow. Still no reply.

Coach is 3.30pm and while I will be on the coach tomorrow, as someone who apart from the COVID season missed about 5 away games in 20 years, this time due to the cost of away travel, I am going have to give some a miss unless can get enough people to share petrol costs.  The cost for tomorrow is £27.00, Exeter £30.00, it is shocking, I know petrol costs gone up a lot but seriously the coach travel is an extra £10.00 per person, I can't see how that can be justified.

In regards to the ticket office, Vale do not answer despite what people say, I have tried 15 - 20 times in the last week and not once got through.  On the other hand if you ring the shop number, it gets answered and I have found by asking them to put you through they will.  I have no idea why the phone in the ticket office goes unanswered as always seen enough staff there when getting tickets.

On 14/08/2022 at 13:52, Conrad said:

Good luck phoning the vale ticket office.

Just a note on this... I did call MK Dons and their phone system was really good. I was told what number I was in the queue and after 15 mins or so I spoke to someone who quickly answered my query.

I know that in recent fans forums, Carol has said that the phone system for the shop/ticket office needs to be improved - and it's on the list to be sorted.

In preparation for that, perhaps they should find out about what system MK use tonight? It seems to be a vast improvement on the Vale one. 

22 hours ago, hamilboy said:

Just been up the vale daughter happy now they have sorted the problem out she has 435 loyalty points now thanks for your help.Also grandaughter happy aswell onwards to MK dons tomorrow.

Good news. 👍🏻 I purchased several Burton tickets in person and asked for the points to go on the various accounts rather than being lumped all in my name.  It’s a lot easier than fiddling about logging into various accounts to make several purchases.

Archived