onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

MK Dons tickets - help needed

robf

Hi,

Does anyone understand the online ticket process for the MK Dons game?

I'm based in Aylesbury so it's a local game for me and I was hoping to buy the tickets and be sent an e-ticket to my phone.

However, when I check out it says -

"Collection: You must collect your tickets from the Collection Point on an event day or from the Club Shop on a non-event day."

Surely, I'm not expected to drive five hours round trip to physically pick up tickets from Vale Park when it's an online booking system? What's the point of having them on the ticket website if there's no e-ticket option and the tickets have to be collected from the club shop anyway? Is this a one-off and most other away games will offer e-tickets or is this the process? If the latter then it's basically unusable for exiles like me who live hours away from the club.

I know I can buy on the day but that then means I lose out on any loyalty points for not ordering through my account.

Has anyone ordered tickets through the website for this game. If so, can you confirm whether or not an e-ticket is issued?

Thanks!

Advert

Franchise must not offer eTicket functionality, just paper ones. Not Vale's fault but the home clubs. Same as Burton, someone has had to collect mine for me.

I suspect it wouldn't give you an option to post them out as the game is only two days away, otherwise it will definitely have.

Might be worth ringing up and asking if collection at Franchise can be arranged. If not, POTD is available as a last resort, and then you could possibly email the ticket office with proof of purchase and ask them to manually adjust your points to account for it? -

10 minutes ago, robf said:

Hi,

Does anyone understand the online ticket process for the MK Dons game?

I'm based in Aylesbury so it's a local game for me and I was hoping to buy the tickets and be sent an e-ticket to my phone.

However, when I check out it says -

"Collection: You must collect your tickets from the Collection Point on an event day or from the Club Shop on a non-event day."

Surely, I'm not expected to drive five hours round trip to physically pick up tickets from Vale Park when it's an online booking system? What's the point of having them on the ticket website if there's no e-ticket option and the tickets have to be collected from the club shop anyway? Is this a one-off and most other away games will offer e-tickets or is this the process? If the latter then it's basically unusable for exiles like me who live hours away from the club.

I know I can buy on the day but that then means I lose out on any loyalty points for not ordering through my account.

Has anyone ordered tickets through the website for this game. If so, can you confirm whether or not an e-ticket is issued?

Thanks!

I bought one of them through there last week Rob and it gave me the option of collecting it or having it posted to my address in MK as otherwise would have chosen the e-ticket myself.

Thanks both - I was away on holiday last week or I would have got it earlier.

If it's down to the away club that's fair enough (albeit frustrating) as long as other games on the website potentially other e-ticket options.

I'm probably going to pay on the day and then see if the club will accept my ticket stubs as proof of purchase.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, CroydonValiant said:

If you contact the club then they can post them to you (they did it for me for the Exeter game). Alternatively I’m pretty sure they send the tickets down with the team so you can pick them up from MK on the day. 

Thanks. I am going to phone both ticket offices to see if a) I can collect Vale ones or b) whether there will plenty to buy on the day. I've just come back from a break and with it being a Sunday was trying to plan my Tuesday evening. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, CroydonValiant said:

If you contact the club then they can post them to you (they did it for me for the Exeter game). Alternatively I’m pretty sure they send the tickets down with the team so you can pick them up from MK on the day. 

Yes with the team or more likely the official supporters coach.

1 minute ago, robf said:

Thanks. I am going to phone both ticket offices to see if a) I can collect Vale ones or b) whether there will plenty to buy on the day. I've just come back from a break and with it being a Sunday was trying to plan my Tuesday evening. Thanks!

Good luck phoning the vale ticket office.

37 minutes ago, robf said:

I think l can answer with some confidence "whether there will be plenty to buy on that day" with "Yes, hundreds and hundreds".

37 minutes ago, robf said:

Goodluck with ringing the ticket office. I rang on Tuesday morning to ask someone to call me back to tell me how I could buy two tickets for Burton for me and my wife (both ST holders).  When it says on the web site you could only buy one ticket per ST I wanted to make sure that if we both went on the site we could buy two tickets together. No one called me back, so I rang again in the afternoon to ask again for someone to call me. Nobody did and of course by Wednesday morning all seating was sold, so as we will not stand up to watch as we are both small and it is always frustrating trying to watch a game trying to see over people taller than us we will miss the game. As we also don't live in Stoke-on-Trent we can't just pop into the ticket office. As you can imagine I am not a happy bunny.

I got my ticket online via PV. It is a full MK Dons stadium ticket and it was posted to me. I paid the postage. Sorry I have picked up this thread too late. 

My bigger problem is Avanti. They cancelled their summer train timetable. Thus they cancelled two of my trains. Firstly they cancelled Liverpool to Crewe and so I rebooked on London North Western. Then that Avanti train reappeared and so I'm still booked on it. Then they cancelled the return train from Crewe to Liverpool and so again I rebooked on London North Western. I can't trust Avanti even if they have reactivated their train and will need to take earlier / slower and later / slower trains. Add to this Arriva Buses are on strike in NW England and so my buses between home and Lime Street station have not been operating since 20 July. I need to get a bus in the wrong direction to a Mersey Rail station and then go in the right direction to Liverpool. Anyway hopefully I get there in the end. 

25 minutes ago, Warren said:

I got my ticket online via PV. It is a full MK Dons stadium ticket and it was posted to me. I paid the postage. Sorry I have picked up this thread too late. 

My bigger problem is Avanti. They cancelled their summer train timetable. Thus they cancelled two of my trains. Firstly they cancelled Liverpool to Crewe and so I rebooked on London North Western. Then that Avanti train reappeared and so I'm still booked on it. Then they cancelled the return train from Crewe to Liverpool and so again I rebooked on London North Western. I can't trust Avanti even if they have reactivated their train and will need to take earlier / slower and later / slower trains. Add to this Arriva Buses are on strike in NW England and so my buses between home and Lime Street station have not been operating since 20 July. I need to get a bus in the wrong direction to a Mersey Rail station and then go in the right direction to Liverpool. Anyway hopefully I get there in the end. 

Good luck! 

An update for anyone who is leaving it late to get tickets.

The MK Dons ticket office say there will be "plenty" of away tickets to buy on the day. I presume that they will be for the greyed out block which you can't buy tickets for on the PV Tickets website and if so it looks like several hundred will be available.

You can purchase tickets on the day from the main box office or the away ticket booth. I hope this is useful for anyone who hasn't got a ticket and is out of the area.

I intend to email the Vale later this week and see if I can get the loyalty points added to my account if I provide photos of the tickets - I will also let you know how I get on with that - but my priority was to just get to the game, so at least that part is sorted!

Thanks to multiple fans who offered to pick up tickets for me from the Vale ticket office! All those offers were really helpful!

10 minutes ago, robf said:

An update for anyone who is leaving it late to get tickets.

The MK Dons ticket office say there will be "plenty" of away tickets to buy on the day. I presume that they will be for the greyed out block which you can't buy tickets for on the PV Tickets website and if so it looks like several hundred will be available.

You can purchase tickets on the day from the main box office or the away ticket booth. I hope this is useful for anyone who hasn't got a ticket and is out of the area.

I intend to email the Vale later this week and see if I can get the loyalty points added to my account if I provide photos of the tickets - I will also let you know how I get on with that - but my priority was to just get to the game, so at least that part is sorted!

Thanks to multiple fans who offered to pick up tickets for me from the Vale ticket office! All those offers were really helpful!

I think the loyalty bonus scheme is in total chaos at the vale  i am a season ticket holder and paid for a season car park ticket up to yet i have only been to the fleetwood match it is showing that i have 291 loyalty points. My daughter who also is a season ticket holder has been Fleetwood Exeter Rotherham and Bolton matches has got the grand total of 10 loyalty points can somebody tell me what the bloody hell is happening my grandaughter who is a season ticket holder been every match with her mother and is going MK dons tomorrow i dare not think how many points she will end up with come on Vale sought this mess out a ratheri irate family of very loyal supporters.

Archived