onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bratts consortium

Bluedevil

Plus, Bratt is pushing for a member of the council to become a 4th director so the current board can operate again and vote Bratts new consortium into power. This option was actually mentioned by a current member of the council on RS earlier in the week

Advert

If, and its a big if, this is true, i for one would be 100% behind the players if they decided to refuse to play for the people who had failed to deliver my pay packet.

We need to find a way to get through to the players, and tell them that if they decide to strike instead of play for V2001 and associates, we'd be right behind their decision.

If we go into admin, i cannot see any consortium involving oliver lloyd or bratt being successful. Surely an administrator would see how they have failed in the past and driven the club back into admin whilst crippling the club with even more debt (ironic when you think why they turned mo down now). Also, wouldn't it become public who had submitted bids? The fans would bombard the administrator, making them clear in no uncertain terms, if they get back in, then the club would die, quite simple.

4th March, 19:12 #11

ollyandpatch

Posts: 5,239 Yes they do, its called Bill Bratt and his "new" consortium. Bratty according to his son in law is putting together a consortium to take the club back & avoid MC getting his hands on us.

The nil paid shares whilst morally shouldnt be used, legally can be used therefore giving lloyd & oliver enough to push it through.

Shares won't matter if we are in admin.

I wouldn't put anything past this board, I know others have said the same thing but we need to hang fire a little bit on this "fill the ground" idea until we know what's happening. If we're in admin, then I'm there. If not, I'm staying away until I'm 100% sure that not a penny will be going to prop up the current regime.

Can somone speak to Bratt or his son-in-law and get a direct quote? Surely they know how much they're hated? Santa, I trust what you're saying but it's all third hand gossip.

In the last month the number of stories I've heard about bratt could send even the sanest person into a jibbering wreck so if anyone has mentioned him I tend to say I'm not interested and don't listen, I certainly don't take any notice or let them bother me.

That doesn't mean the SC ignore him, but we have more important things to worry about, we also have no doubt he may have something up his sleev, but on the whole he is nothing but a BS merchant

If this is them putting a consortium together to prevent admin, then the council would surely realise the extent of fans feelings. If ANY of the board remain, the club is doomed. Besides, what sort of investment could they seriously pull together? With debts of £4m, owe hmrc £140k, monthly wage bill of £150k plus (??), harlequin writ £75k, monthly council payment £20k, gibraltor loan etc etc. Any amount they can pull together would last what, a month, maybe 2. The fans would simply walk away again, protest on a number of fronts, vale, council, homes etc. Its a no brainer. If this is true, then i dont think Mo is the reason, its avoiding the opening of those books as much as possible.

Can the current board (inquorate) approve new investment?

I have mentioned this on other threads. However it was not rumour because as yet no one has moved on what they are going to do post Administration.

That said, lets look at some facts:

1. Are there going to be a lot of buyers wanting to become new owners of Port Vale? Answer - Probably not. Although it is too early because we have not even gone into Admin yet, we only know of Mo Chaudry's possible interest. Robbie Williams could buy it for someone to look after it for him but the chances are he will not. So who else would be seriously interested in buying it?

2. Would Bratt be interested in coming back to the Vale? Answer - Probably yes. Why? Because he will not want Mo to be the owner of Port Vale. We all know the history here. Bill has poisoined a lot of minds over Mo and he is the last person he would want at the helm at Vale Park. Bratt would also love to go down as a legend in his own mind as the man who rode in on his white knight to save Port Vale (again) in his eyes. Don't forget he has support. He survived (admittedly by the skin of his teeth and by a judas) the last EGM against all odds and there remain those (and some post on this forum) that preach his values.

3. Could he get enough support and finance to persuade an Administrator to give him the club? The answer again is probably yes. How? Well you only have to look at the people once on the Board and the contacts he no doubt has. Much as we all know who these are and hatred of them in some supporters minds holds no bars, they could raise sufficent finance at least initially to con the Administrator that they are the people who can take Port Vale forward. This would particularly be the case if Mo say dropped out and would definetely be the case if no one else was interested.

There are other factors here. We know that although he left the Board he remained in contact with the new one with rumours that he was in talks with them over possible assistance.

This is what seriously worries me at the moment. Fans think that Mo Choudry is the answer and I hope he is totally serious with his probable bid for the club and that he does get it for many different reasons. But to me it is not cut & dry and while this is the case there is always the prospect of others buying the club and in particular one man who casts a very dark cloud over it. I hope not for virtually all our sakes because we all know what will happen.

If this is them putting a consortium together to prevent admin, then the council would surely realise the extent of fans feelings. If ANY of the board remain, the club is doomed. Besides, what sort of investment could they seriously pull together? With debts of £4m, owe hmrc £140k, monthly wage bill of £150k plus (??), harlequin writ £75k, monthly council payment £20k, gibraltor loan etc etc. Any amount they can pull together would last what, a month, maybe 2. The fans would simply walk away again, protest on a number of fronts, vale, council, homes etc. Its a no brainer. If this is true, then i dont think Mo is the reason, its avoiding the opening of those books as much as possible.

Can the current board (inquorate) approve new investment?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if a council officer is made the 4th director which restores the boards quorate status.

Archived