onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo Chaudry is not the messiah

pre_vale

I would say, in a slightly fence-sitting way.. I think administration will give time for any other bids (good or bad) to at least make themselves known. And once all bids are received, they must all (Mo's included) be assessed to see which one is best.

As a safeguard and in case new owner/owners fail to deliver, I hope that fans continue to unite and strengthen the SC so that just in case we do encounter trouble we have a strong and united fanbase with a powerful voice to represent us.

Advert

I’m trying to gauge whether people can identify and understand Chaudry’s motivations and whether I can be persuaded that he’s honourable, trustworthy, etc…

I’m fascinated to see so many supporters completely convinced he’s only going to do right by the club. We’re at our most vulnerable at the moment and that usually attracts vultures, not knights in shining armour. Surely the misery of the past decade has taught supporters to be more wary and to scrutinise the intentions of any would-be chairman. Some posters dismiss my scrutiny as rubbish because it’s attempting to discourage their blind faith in what I consider a dubious character… but this is an open forum and all viewpoints ought to be respectfully considered.

I’d reiterate my point that a profit can be realised from a football club in a sustainable manner and if this is the case, there’s no issue. But we’ve now had a couple of chairmen who’ve nearly put us out of existence through greed. Why would Chaudry be any different? He’s not a supporter of the club… I can’t see why anyone who’s not a supporter would do it for the love; I don’t understand that.

I fully acknowledge there are no other offers on the table at the moment, so survival may well mean Vale is his. Can’t see him being our man in the long-term though and I’m fairly confident that many who’re backing him now will be changing their tune in the not-too-distant future.

P.S. I’m not Oliver. I’m amused and also confused why anyone would think that

I'm presuming you believe man city's Arab owners are just moss side boys done good? I'd rather a rich person who isn't a life long supporter than a fan who struggles to scrape enough money to buy even nil paid shares. Ego and legacy are good enough reasons for me.

However to start a campaign against one of the few people who could save us is mind boggling hence the reason for the derision. It is just mind boggling!

Admin/Robf do you not think that the OP is being abusive and harrassing Mo ??? surely he should be banned and this post removed.Thankyou in anticipation...Pro Mo lets Go with Simmo===

Abusive? Eh? You're an idiot mate if you think some valid, some invalid points made in an open manner is abusive or harrassment. I'm sure Mo and TLB are laughing at you for thinking such a thing.

Mo, sadly, is the only choice. A lot of people need to rein in what they are expecting from him though.

On here it's always seemed to be you either have to share the opinion of the majority or you're not allowed one without being patronized and/or insulted.

That said, I think Mo Chaundry would at the very least steady the ship and put the club on the right path in time.

I'm presuming you believe man city's Arab owners are just moss side boys done good? I'd rather a rich person who isn't a life long supporter than a fan who struggles to scrape enough money to buy even nil paid shares. Ego and legacy are good enough reasons for me.

However to start a campaign against one of the few people who could save us is mind boggling hence the reason for the derision. It is just mind boggling!

It's not a campaign. It's one bloke's (i assume) opinion!

He is "sadly" the only choice? Why "sadly"?

I'm all for open and free debate, but I have heard unsubstantiated garbage about Mo for what feels like for ever. Enough is enough. Many of the people who feel they have to question Mo on every little detail (despite him having answered question after question) were a-ok to allow Miller and Deakin in without question and look what happened there.

Give it a rest, eh?

As it currently appears, none.

However, I sincerely hope there are serious / viable alternatives that come forward because I feel Mo Chaudry would probably be the next Billy Bell and whilst I have no problem with anyone making a profit from success at the Vale I remain very dubious as to how much success we'd enjoy.

If he's the next billy bell bring him on, football under Rudge and Bell compared to the current cack, no comparison. All ill say on the first post is Mo doesn't want admin, how do I know? I asked him.

He is "sadly" the only choice? Why "sadly"?

I'm all for open and free debate, but I have heard unsubstantiated garbage about Mo for what feels like for ever. Enough is enough. Many of the people who feel they have to question Mo on every little detail (despite him having answered question after question) were a-ok to allow Miller and Deakin in without question and look what happened there.

Give it a rest, eh?

Is having no choice a good system in any walk of life? I can't think of any time when it is for the best.

"Unsubstantiated garbage" has indeed been posted about Mo when he tried to take over in 2002. Many who posted that are now banging his drum. I assume you weren't one of them, MarkB2?

Also, didn't Mo want Adie Boothroyd as manager? How's he getting on now? :(

can only assume the original poster is either Bratt, Oliver, or Jackscum. Mo has vision & finance as well as contacts, something that we have lacked since comming out of admin originally.

The only thing that i want to see is the club remain at Vale Park, im traditional & despise these identikit stadiums, ive been to most & they all lack soul & atmosphere.

To be honest Vale Park lacks atmosphere on too many occasions also. Understand your attachment to the place, but if it was for the greater good of the club I for one would happily move to a smaller newbuild stadium of say 10,000 seats (with provision for expansion) which may well be rocking with circa 5000 in the ground======

Give me a break. Someone speaks nonsense, and is told they are. Stop crying about it. There was nothing reasoned or factual in any of that post. Not one reason why mo would be bad for us, apart from a load of hot hair.

Did you not read the Jackson 5 propoganda last year?:ohmy::ohmy::shifty::shifty::D:D

[/b]

To be honest Vale Park lacks atmosphere on too many occasions also. Understand your attachment to the place, but if it was for the greater good of the club I for one would happily move to a smaller newbuild stadium of say 10,000 seats (with provision for expansion) which may well be rocking with circa 5000 in the ground======

I'd like to stay at VP, but a winning team is a more important issue. Shrewsbury and Chesterfield have both improved since moving to new grounds, amongst others.

Is having no choice a good system in any walk of life? I can't think of any time when it is for the best.

"Unsubstantiated garbage" has indeed been posted about Mo when he tried to take over in 2002. Many who posted that are now banging his drum. I assume you weren't one of them, MarkB2?

Also, didn't Mo want Adie Boothroyd as manager? How's he getting on now? :(

Well, lets see who else declares an interest eh?

No, I wasn't one of those - oh, and I used to express my concern that debate was being stifled on here during the early days of V2001.

Blimey, now we don't want Mo because he wanted Adie Boothroyd! Words fail me...

Archived