onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo Chaudry is not the messiah

pre_vale

As we’re entering a new era, it’s worth reminding ourselves of the visions outlined by Valiant2001 at the outset and to learn from the lessons of the past; no doubt the group had it’s critics from day one, but the vast majority of fans (myself included) felt like a fans-based consortium was an eminently positive step forward. Unfortunately, as we’ve been horrendously stung by the most despicable shysters imaginable, my outlook of 10 years ago has been proven naïve.

Although recent events may have left some of us feeling pessimistic, I think we have good reason to be exceptionally cautious in welcoming a new owner. For me, Chaudry is not the man; whilst he may be our only chance of survival, in what presently is a one-horse race for chairman, the idea he’ll be at the helm long-term is abhorrent to me. There are the following points to consider:

· Chaudry wants us in administration

o Administration may lower the price tag of the club, but it’s a short-sighted move. The points deduction administration brings will end our play-off hopes. It will also see our squad dismantled, meaning a re-build job next year and thus a lesser chance of promotion in our next campaign. However, the biggest fear for me is the loss of Adams due to admin, who’s undoubtedly our biggest asset.

· Chaudry’s looking for profit

o I can concede that you don’t need to be a boyhood supporter to be a good football chairman, although it does help. So what’s the lure of being chairman? It’s highly likely the answer is profit and listening to Mo’s spiel, he often likes to remind us he’s “a businessman”. It’s an irritating cliché, regurgitated in many a Hollywood film, but it insinuates Port Vale is a business that Chaudry can realise some profit from… if it’s done in the right way, with success on the pitch then I don’t begrudge him some return on his investment. As we’ve seen from several previous owners, if this is done in the wrong way we’ll make a return to our current plight quite swiftly.

o A longer-term issue is the loss of Vale Park. The economic climate means that redeveloping Vale Park is highly unlikely at present. This climate will change and I can’t see why Chaudry would have any compunctions about cashing in on Vale Park. His interests in property are well reported and our ground represents our potential as a club that can host higher level football.

· Chaudry is an egotist

o Second to profit, surely this is one of Mo’s motives. A visit to his website highlights my point; it’s seems to have been authored by a especially narcissistic David Brent. He’s far from shy of media attention: I’m thinking of ‘Secret Millionaire’ and his decision to join the BNP. Potentially, having an egomaniac in charge would not cause us any problems… my fear is that Chaudry’s the next Sam Hammam and unorthodox methods may turn the club into a circus.

What Chaudry’s said has bought him a lot of popularity to date, but how often do we find that what people say and what people do are very separate things. Usually the chairman’s relationship with fans ends in tears and I can’t see this one being any different. As a supporter, my ideals are the continuity of Port Vale as a league club and success on the pitch. The euphoria of giant-killing cup tie is something we live for… but my emotional attachment and ideals for Port Vale are very different than Mo Chaudry’s.

The ideal scenario is for a true supporter, to get involved with the club and prevent any future Millers, Deakins, Bratts or Lloyds from causing the sort of damage we’re suffering at the moment.

Can anyone on OVF outline Chaudry’s motives and say with confidence that he is trustworthy and honourable?

Advert

is moving away from Vale Park such a big deal, not that I know his plans but a near enough empty ground every week could be replaced by a 10,000 capacity ground with room to build the more higher we go would make for a better atmosphere?

YEs he is a businessman, but if he is making profit then Port Vale is being a success and more money is available to the club.

As we’re entering a new era, it’s worth reminding ourselves of the visions outlined by Valiant2001 at the outset and to learn from the lessons of the past; no doubt the group had it’s critics from day one, but the vast majority of fans (myself included) felt like a fans-based consortium was an eminently positive step forward. Unfortunately, as we’ve been horrendously stung by the most despicable shysters imaginable, my outlook of 10 years ago has been proven naïve.

Although recent events may have left some of us feeling pessimistic, I think we have good reason to be exceptionally cautious in welcoming a new owner. For me, Chaudry is not the man; whilst he may be our only chance of survival, in what presently is a one-horse race for chairman, the idea he’ll be at the helm long-term is abhorrent to me. There are the following points to consider:

o Administration may lower the price tag of the club, but it’s a short-sighted move. The points deduction administration brings will end our play-off hopes. It will also see our squad dismantled, meaning a re-build job next year and thus a lesser chance of promotion in our next campaign. However, the biggest fear for me is the loss of Adams due to admin, who’s undoubtedly our biggest asset.

o I can concede that you don’t need to be a boyhood supporter to be a good football chairman, although it does help. So what’s the lure of being chairman? It’s highly likely the answer is profit and listening to Mo’s spiel, he often likes to remind us he’s “a businessman”. It’s an irritating cliché, regurgitated in many a Hollywood film, but it insinuates Port Vale is a business that Chaudry can realise some profit from… if it’s done in the right way, with success on the pitch then I don’t begrudge him some return on his investment. As we’ve seen from several previous owners, if this is done in the wrong way we’ll make a return to our current plight quite swiftly.

o A longer-term issue is the loss of Vale Park. The economic climate means that redeveloping Vale Park is highly unlikely at present. This climate will change and I can’t see why Chaudry would have any compunctions about cashing in on Vale Park. His interests in property are well reported and our ground represents our potential as a club that can host higher level football.

· Chaudry is an egotist

o Second to profit, surely this is one of Mo’s motives. A visit to his website highlights my point; it’s seems to have been authored by a especially narcissistic David Brent. He’s far from shy of media attention: I’m thinking of ‘Secret Millionaire’ and his decision to join the BNP. Potentially, having an egomaniac in charge would not cause us any problems… my fear is that Chaudry’s the next Sam Hammam and unorthodox methods may turn the club into a circus.

What Chaudry’s said has bought him a lot of popularity to date, but how often do we find that what people say and what people do are very separate things. Usually the chairman’s relationship with fans ends in tears and I can’t see this one being any different. As a supporter, my ideals are the continuity of Port Vale as a league club and success on the pitch. The euphoria of giant-killing cup tie is something we live for… but my emotional attachment and ideals for Port Vale are very different than Mo Chaudry’s.

The ideal scenario is for a true supporter, to get involved with the club and prevent any future Millers, Deakins, Bratts or Lloyds from causing the sort of damage we’re suffering at the moment.

Can anyone on OVF outline Chaudry’s motives and say with confidence that he is trustworthy and honourable?

Here we go... rewind back to last summer - Glenn's been typing cos he couldn't go to accrington

· Chaudry is an egotist

Ask LB or even Mo himself.

Some vale fans will never learn. Look at us ***!!! And you are on here trying to convince us that the only person possible willin to save us from liquidation is bad for us.

And what on earth is wrong with a business making a profit. Please tell me, because not doing that has put us here in the first place ( along with people like yourself who chose to fight off a bright future with a new owner in favour of the possible death of the club). Jesus wept, I can't seriously get my head round this ****!

· Chaudry is an egotist

NOVEMBER 2007 13 POSTS>>>>>>>WUM AGAIN :ninja:

is moving away from Vale Park such a big deal, not that I know his plans but a near enough empty ground every week could be replaced by a 10,000 capacity ground with room to build the more higher we go would make for a better atmosphere?

YEs he is a businessman, but if he is making profit then Port Vale is being a success and more money is available to the club.

Port Vale FC making a profit does not mean success on the pitch.

Archived