onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo Chaudry is not the messiah

pre_vale

Personally I have not done that for a while now. I started losing faith when they answered nothing just stayed tight lipped about everything. Mo is starting to be the same if he is going to bid say so, I do not expect him to tell us anything about what he is offering at the moment but at least give us some hope that something is going to happen.

He has said all he can.

Until the books are finally opened, no one knows what we are asking any possible buyer to take on, so how can anyone confirm what they might be able to do?

Mo will help, if he can, I am sure.

We aren't however dealing with someone with endless funding, and there is the possibility that the boards mismanagement of the business may leave it beyond Mo's finances to assist.

If that is the case we are in a very, very dangerous place IMHO because there isn't a long list of people buying football clubs at the moment.

IMHO, the club needs leadership, it needs experience in the leisure/sports industry and it needs a professional management structure to be delivered, hopefully with the benefit of the club being properly capitalised.

Based on current info, Mo would appear to tick those boxes. Potential other bidders may also tick them. Time will tell.

I just find the idea of labelling the only person currently interested in the club as "abhorrent" as slightly odd.

I don't see any valid reasons for not being interested in working with Mo. Use of such emotive language as by the OP alludes to an underlying alterior agenda.

Advert

He has said all he can.

Until the books are finally opened, no one knows what we are asking any possible buyer to take on, so how can anyone confirm what they might be able to do?

Mo will help, if he can, I am sure.

We aren't however dealing with someone with endless funding, and there is the possibility that the boards mismanagement of the business may leave it beyond Mo's finances to assist.

If that is the case we are in a very, very dangerous place IMHO because there isn't a long list of people buying football clubs at the moment.

IMHO, the club needs leadership, it needs experience in the leisure/sports industry and it needs a professional management structure to be delivered, hopefully with the benefit of the club being properly capitalised.

Based on current info, Mo would appear to tick those boxes. Potential other bidders may also tick them. Time will tell.

I just find the idea of labelling the only person currently interested in the club as "abhorrent" as slightly odd.

I don't see any valid reasons for not being interested in working with Mo. Use of such emotive language as by the OP alludes to an underlying alterior agenda.

Well said mate Pro Mo lets Go with Simmo===

I think it would be good for Mo to answer you questions and come on here but the main thing is is that we need investment and Mo has the money. And if the only way that he can be involved is when the club goes into admin as he was ill treated before when he wanted to invest, then this is the way its got to be.

I'll keep stating the obvious:-

"There was an opportunity for change last year, MO and his proposals were treated the same way, we as fans and soon to be former shareholders were by the board - WITH CONTEMPT"

I for one would'nt blame MO if he waits or even does'nt come in at all.

All those who berated him, Mark Sims and any well meaning protestor you are now reaping what you have sowed.

I do hope he does put together a package, one that will bring professionalism to the club. For starters I'd ditch Vandanel, their product reflects the way the club has been run (or rather hasn't) - P*ss Poor

Perhaps Jeff Kent could title his next offering "Who put the BOOT into Port Vale" and accompany it's launch with a similar "Victory" speech delivered at the last EGM?

I recently ended working in Carlisle for 9 months. That club is threatening the playoffs in League 1 and 40 years ago played a season or two in the top division. Their support is less than Port Vale's, Carlisle has a population of about 78,000 including farmers. They are planning to move from their current stadium to one that will allow more off field income generation. I haven't looked at their finances closely, I suppose they could have fantasy world management, but I sense they have good sporting and business direction and it isn't that hard to do so sensibly.

The questioner states "Mo Chaudry is not the messiah". I don't think anyone could demand that someone comes in and is that.

What the club needs and the fans want is a person to come in and start running the club properly. A person with a business head on who comes into the club with a business plan who runs it tightly and efficiently. A person though who talks to and understands its supporters and hopefully a person that can also afford to put some money in to the player side to make us very competitive in League 2. Eventually as part of their business plan, hopefully they can look at other areas of the club such as finishing the Robbie Williams Suite to increase revenue and undertake ground improvements such as finish the Lorne Street Stand.

I cannot see any "Messiah" because we do not have anyone who is prepared to come in and throw money at it. Firstly and quite rightly, the person coming in will get the best financial deal they can on the debts because our beloved Board have mounted up such ridiculous ones that could see a new owner putting in apparently up to £4m just to clear them. A good business man will wait and get the best deal he can on the old debts so they don't waste what money they are prepared to put in. Mo is already hinting at this in that he has already said the deal has to be right and indeed it does because we do not want to go through this again soon as Portsmouth have done.

So no "Messiah". Merely a person with some practical business skills with common sense and perhaps some money to put in the club. Still can't see a lot of these outside Mo Chaudry at the moment but perhaps there are. If not though I for one are quite happy for him to have ago knowing I don't expect him to be a "Messiah".

The questioner states "Mo Chaudry is not the messiah". I don't think anyone could demand that someone comes in and is that.

What the club needs and the fans want is a person to come in and start running the club properly. A person with a business head on who comes into the club with a business plan who runs it tightly and efficiently. A person though who talks to and understands its supporters and hopefully a person that can also afford to put some money in to the player side to make us very competitive in League 2. Eventually as part of their business plan, hopefully they can look at other areas of the club such as finishing the Robbie Williams Suite to increase revenue and undertake ground improvements such as finish the Lorne Street Stand.

I cannot see any "Messiah" because we do not have anyone who is prepared to come in and throw money at it. Firstly and quite rightly, the person coming in will get the best financial deal they can on the debts because our beloved Board have mounted up such ridiculous ones that could see a new owner putting in apparently up to £4m just to clear them. A good business man will wait and get the best deal he can on the old debts so they don't waste what money they are prepared to put in. Mo is already hinting at this in that he has already said the deal has to be right and indeed it does because we do not want to go through this again soon as Portsmouth have done.

So no "Messiah". Merely a person with some practical business skills with common sense and perhaps some money to put in the club. Still can't see a lot of these outside Mo Chaudry at the moment but perhaps there are. If not though I for one are quite happy for him to have ago knowing I don't expect him to be a "Messiah".

Spot on - expecting the new owner(s) to be the messiah is just asking to be let down.

What we really need is stability, some investment and a sound plan for the next few years, with the business ability to execute it.

Mo hits all of those targets...that is exactly what I expect of him should he become the owner.

If Vale is likened to Lazarus then whoever comes in will be likened to the Messiah.

Whether its Mo or someone else is any ones guess at this point.

From a distance here are a few of the good points of Mo's interest,

Decent business head on his shoulders,

No ones fool,

Money in his pocket,

Previous business success in the leisure industry,

Prepared to use a team of individuals with expertise in their own fields to achieve success,

Wants success.

This list is not exhaustive.

I dont care if he has vale in his blood or even if he is a supporter.

I dont think Mo will be the only interested party so lets wait and see whats what before we praise or condemn anyone.

Can anyone on OVF outline Chaudry’s motives and say with confidence that he is trustworthy and honourable?

Can anyone prove that he isn't? He's put a lot of time, energy and effort into trying to be involved with our club. I've said it before, I'll say it again.....If Mo starts to take money out of his INVESTMENT, then that will mean that the club will have been a success and he will have every right to do so. For me he along with Mark Sims are the outstanding candidates.

Just to add, Mo has 3 successful business' and would not want to tarnish this would he?

This whole thread by pre-vale has been designed to de stabilise any future plans,any future thoughts, having read his posts carefully I thinks its Oliver,if I'm right just it just show what a piece of work he really is.

What he seems to be saying is, if me and V2001 cant have the club then no one can,it just proves to me what a disgrace they really are.

This whole thread by pre-vale has been designed to de stabilise any future plans,any future thoughts, having read his posts carefully I thinks its Oliver,if I'm right just it just show what a piece of work he really is.

What he seems to be saying is, if me and V2001 cant have the club then no one can,it just proves to me what a disgrace they really are.

Thread after thread have been put together along the same lines, and its always the same script...

"I'm a real Vale fan, and I'm really against the Board, but Mo Chaudry isn't the answer" etc etc

One thing I always notice (because I'm a jerk) is that the grammar and spelling is always just a little bit wrong, as if the writer is trying to get it wrong.

The worst thing is that it always works, in that we always respond and then start falling out amongst ourselves.

Do you know, Port Vale FC could be about to lock the doors forever....standing ready to padlock the gates...Mo turns up with a plan and a barrow load of cash...and you would still get some clown come on here with a "Mo is not the answer" thread...but still with no real, genuine definitive reason WHY:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Because they are frightened he'll do a better job than they did!

Oliver, Bratt, Jackson, Lloyd ... The game is up.... You are not wanted.... You are hated... Get the hint and **** off!

Thread after thread have been put together along the same lines, and its always the same script...

"I'm a real Vale fan, and I'm really against the Board, but Mo Chaudry isn't the answer" etc etc

One thing I always notice (because I'm a jerk) is that the grammar and spelling is always just a little bit wrong, as if the writer is trying to get it wrong.

The worst thing is that it always works, in that we always respond and then start falling out amongst ourselves.

You missed out the apostrophe on "it's". Were you trying to get it wrong? :D

Archived