onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke fans attending VP

1517sharps

I find it hard to believe that even the supporters of a club in dire need of help would turn this into a rivalry thing and not the show of solidarity it is meant to be. I for one welcome supporters of all clubs who are prepared to spend their hard earned cash at the turnstiles of VP, colours or no colours. After all we all stand side by side with our various banners and shirts during international matches without the outbreak of world war 3. I realise there are small minded people who will turn any situation to their advantage but it is upto the majority of decent loyal supporters who can see the bigger picture to not let this happen. Viva la revolution, we will rise again stronger standing side by side.......===

Advert

The Germans and British played football together for 1 day in the middle of WW2. No reason the rivals in Stoke and Vale can work together for one night either :)

Actually it was WW1 on Christmas Day 1915.:razz:

I know its petty but its the ONLY time in my life my history "O" level has come into use:yes:

your a deluded idiot if you think a Stoke fan could walk into the paddock wearing his top and not have people say things to him, not everyone is a little goody two shoes like people imagine on here. If a fan of any other team does attend they shouldnt wear there teams shirt, unless it was covered.

I guess this will not be happening up Vale Park then anytime soon.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Supporters-UK-pledge-support-Argyle/story-13296774-detail/story.html

For whats its worth i think any Stoke fan attending a Port Vale match (not invoving us) in their colours would be mad. Considering the huge gulf between the clubs i think a large percentage of Vale fans would see it as very patronising and it could cause trouble.

Hope for the sake of Stoke-on-Trent that Vale survive. Our great City needs 2 senior football clubs in the Prem. Us in the the proper Prem and greatest league in the world and you lot in the Blue Square Prem :razz: Come on, what did you expect me say? Cant be doing with all this lovey divey *****. We're local rivals and hopefully we always will be.

All the best in your fight for survival (i genuinley mean that) and all the best in eventually getting relegated again sometime in the near future (i genuinley mean that too!) ;)

:)

After a pre-match conversation today there will be 9 of us at Vale Park on Tuesday in total if the administrators are called in. We won't be wearing tops (as none of us generally do anyway) and some are toying with the idea of going in the Burton end but between friends and family we will be doing our bit as Stoke fans (NB in now way is that meant to be patronising, or showing pity for Vale as some will undoubtedly think)

Couple of the old blokes who sit in front of us in the ground are planning on going to the game in their Stoke tops and will be sitting in the Lorne Street with a couple of their Vale mates.

Furlong Tavern for tea and a couple of shandies first and then cut through Tunstall Park and Stanfields to the game, like being a kid again!

Welcome to the game and as a one off for supporting us If I see you or any of your Stoke mates I will shake yoy by the hand and thank you.....c'mon people stop flexing your b****** and breathe for gods sake get a grip!!!

For whats its worth i think any Stoke fan attending a Port Vale match (not invoving us) in their colours would be mad. Considering the huge gulf between the clubs i think a large percentage of Vale fans would see it as very patronising and it could cause trouble.

Hope for the sake of Stoke-on-Trent that Vale survive. Our great City needs 2 senior football clubs in the Prem. Us in the the proper Prem and greatest league in the world and you lot in the Blue Square Prem :razz: Come on, what did you expect me say? Cant be doing with all this lovey divey *****. We're local rivals and hopefully we always will be.

All the best in your fight for survival (i genuinley mean that) and all the best in eventually getting relegated again sometime in the near future (i genuinley mean that too!) ;)

:)

Exactly we are rivals always will be i would not even take red and white tablets if i was ill.If you want to come to the match and help us all well and good but leave your colours at home.I will never forget the matches at the victoria ground when a metal sign was thrown into the stoke end of the ground where the vale fans were.Also never forget my daughter been spat at by stokies at another match down there.If you want to help the vale no problem send a donation come to the match but leave your colours behind times are bad at the moment and that is like a red rag to a bull please let common sense prevail.

I know 4 lads from Bognor who support Brighton who are working in Manchester at the moment. They are going on Tuesday to show support,as are 2 Spanish students at Warwick university who emailed me on how to get to the ground.

Everyone should be made to feel welcome. I went to show support to Brighton ,in my Vale Shirt,when they had similar problems and my hand was sore the next day from people coming up and shaking my hand and thanking me for my support.

Wearing a stoke top at vale park is a very bad idea. it will offend some people so why do it. it will not help vale in any way. why risk fighting when this should be about showing vale as a good investment..... keep our stands for home fans

Very kind offer mate but I'm happy to pay. Roped my sister in as well as my dad and brother-in-law so there will be 4 of us on Tuesday against Burton and the Saturday against Barnet.

Just hope I don't bump into Guppy 4 England scared he might open a can of whup ass on me.............:D

terrific gesture mate .... your more than welcome to join our little group on the bycars .. light refreshments provided ...

any and all fans wanting to help us in our hour of need are and will be welcome. with regards to our nearest and dearest please come along but don't wear your colours . it will only take one incident to kick it all off and spoil what on paper could be a very special night :yes:

emotions will be running high anyway so please don't run the risk of spoiling it . there will be people there who we know are stokies by sight and we will be able to say to them face to face thanks for your support . however we dont need them to wear their colours for us to know who they are :yes: their weight will be a give away :D only joking lads n lasses.

any and all fans wanting to help us in our hour of need are and will be welcome. with regards to our nearest and dearest please come along but don't wear your colours . it will only take one incident to kick it all off and spoil what on paper could be a very special night :yes:

emotions will be running high anyway so please don't run the risk of spoiling it . there will be people there who we know are stokies by sight and we will be able to say to them face to face thanks for your support . however we dont need them to wear their colours for us to know who they are :yes: their weight will be a give away :D only joking lads n lasses.

We were talking about this while out and about in Burslem last night.You are correct in what you say here 'wearing a stoke shirt WILL be a bad idea'.Some people will not like what I am saying here and it's their choice to like it or not.

Ive just read some of the sensible comments on one of the other threads about stoke fans turning up on tuesday night,well i would,nt give a toss who turns up in what ever colours as long as they are there for the same cause.Tuesday night should all be about putting differences aside and trying to help port vale football club,unfortunately i wont be able to attend but will look closely on here wednesday morning to see how it went.On behalf of a stokie and believe me, minus all the chavs there are a lot of like minded stokies who would be gutted if the vale went under,so good luck tuesday and best of luck for the future.UP THE VALE.......**** did i just say that;)

Thats right mate just think how boring life would be with no banter between Vale and the Sjipey eyed ones.

I would welcome support from any fans but be careful Sjokies you might see a bit of a different style of play at Vale Park and could just like it;)

Archived