onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke fans attending VP

1517sharps

your a deluded idiot if you think a Stoke fan could walk into the paddock wearing his top and not have people say things to him, not everyone is a little goody two shoes like people imagine on here. If a fan of any other team does attend they shouldnt wear there teams shirt, unless it was covered.

Advert

your a deluded idiot if you think a Stoke fan could walk into the paddock wearing his top and not have people say things to him, not everyone is a little goody two shoes like people imagine on here. If a fan of any other team does attend they shouldnt wear there teams shirt, unless it was covered.

Then we must agree to disagree.

In our hour of need, and as beggars at the door so to speak, we cannot be so precious as to refuse aid from others - even though they wear different colours and choose to give support and aid in good faith.

ps I know for sure that I'm not a 'deluded idiot'

just for a one off why not make the bycars neutral fans only? would save any potential issues with people oblecting, plod would know where they are, ok a few bycars vale fans would need to be moved but i dont think they would object given the reasons ===

Then we must agree to disagree.

In our hour of need, and as beggars at the door so to speak, we cannot be so precious as to refuse aid from others - even though they wear different colours and choose to give support and aid in good faith.

ps I know for sure that I'm not a 'deluded idiot'

With respect Barry, I think you may be looking through slightly rose tinted glasses. Some of the idiots that frequent Vale Park would be only to pleased to make an issue of it. Lets face it, last year we had so called supporters threatening and abusing people wearing their own colours because they dared to stand up for what they believed in. The first day of this season was the lowest I have felt as a Vale supporter and I nearly walked away for good and I was only watching not participating.

In an ideal world solidarity would prevail but in reality I think anyone in a Stoke top may be taking their safety into their own hands.

With respect Barry, I think you may be looking through slightly rose tinted glasses. Some of the idiots that frequent Vale Park would be only to pleased to make an issue of it. Lets face it, last year we had so called supporters threatening and abusing people wearing their own colours because they dared to stand up for what they believed in. The first day of this season was the lowest I have felt as a Vale supporter and I nearly walked away for good and I was only watching not participating.

In an ideal world solidarity would prevail but in reality I think anyone in a Stoke top may be taking their safety into their own hands.

Hi Zaza, point taken :D Mind you, I stopped looking through rose tinted glasses long ago - 29th December 1975 to be exact :yes:

You and Elton John?

Very droll Zaza :laugh:

Before the date mentioned above I spent much of my spare time in voluntary youth work - hiking, climbing, camping in the great outdoors.

One day I though I'd try working for a living with a different youth - ones in custodial settings. Boy was that an eye-opener. Still, 36 later and I'm still working with youth in custodial settings :)

Very droll Zaza :laugh:

Before the date mentioned above I spent much of my spare time in voluntary youth work - hiking, climbing, camping in the great outdoors.

One day I though I'd try working for a living with a different youth - ones in custodial settings. Boy was that an eye-opener. Still, 36 later and I'm still working with youth in custodial settings :)

Perhaps that could be the future for some of our soon to be ex-board.

Lets hope so.

To those who think that it would be wrong for another clubs supporters to turn up to support our cause, wear their colours etc I put this to you. If the Stoke Council appear on the Civic Centre steps on Monday wearing " Stoke Shirts" and say " Although we are all Stoke Supporters we have decided to loan Port Vale £--------s to help your survival are you going to say " Thanks but No Thanks "

To those who think that it would be wrong for another clubs supporters to turn up to support our cause, wear their colours etc I put this to you. If the Stoke Council appear on the Civic Centre steps on Monday wearing " Stoke Shirts" and say " Although we are all Stoke Supporters we have decided to loan Port Vale £--------s to help your survival are you going to say " Thanks but No Thanks "

I think you are missing the point. There are only a cross section of Vale fans that read OVF. If you think that a Stoke shirt will be welcomed with open arms at VP by ALL Vale supporters, then you want your head looking at.

Are Stoke fans that poor that they've only got deck chair tribute tops in their wardrobe?!

If Stoke fans want to come then that is fine but I'm not going to hold out a begging bowl to them, and there is no need for them to wear their tops - why even provoke possible confrontation at a time like this?

I also agree it'd be great to see as many fans in the ground showing support in our hour of need however I don't want to put a downer on things but I imagine that a few fans would take exception to Stoke fans turning up wearing their colours.

I agree wouldnt bother me their money is as good as anybodys, but might be wise not to wear a stoke top.

Archived