onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Message to Mo

Bob Marley

I don't think that is just your humble opinion, it's a statement of fact. The thing with admin is, that it is likely to not just mess up this season, it might well mess up next season too (this is just from a footballing point of view, never mind the loss of money to creditors etc). Points deduction, inability to sign players etc. Seeing as the best way of improving the finances is to have a successful football team, and seeing as even with a threadbare squad we are doing okay on the pitch at the moment, surely it would make sense for Mo to try to come some arrangement that avoided admin. Probably a simplistic idea but couldn't all involved get round a table and see if something can be hammered out in the best interests of the club (i.e. not involving any of the remaining dircectors). Surely Lloyd and co. know now that it's the end of the road and some serious grovelling is required. They can't even run the club anymore *** now the *** ***** has quit. But that would be in a sane world I guess, not Port Vale in Blunderland.

Hi Cplowe1,

I do understand where you are coming from but the problem is the debt is so deep-rooted in the club that any deal other than through admin makes no sense from a commercial perspective. I appreciate from an emotional stand-point it seems perfectly logical but business is business. Mo and I have consistently maintained that any investment has to go into the club, not fill the pockets of creditors, and we do not detract from that stance. As for attempts to open dialogue with the board, we are long past that and I stand by Mo in this respect - he has been publically humliated, condemned and undermined by this board and the previous incumbents, and in that respect the present board shall reap what they sow. We shall no doubt engage with the administrator but not this board, and in terms of an interim board, my intel is we will not have the luxury of time as admin is imminent.

As painful as it may seem to hear and read, the rot has set in and admin is inevitable. It beggars belief to read Stan Meigh seems to think a few hundred grand will make a difference, and such comment illustrates a naive approach to the business of PVFC.

PVFC needs signifcant investment to kick-start the business - to buy it out of admin and to revigorate the business. Yes the team is in a decent position but I urge you to look long term, not short term. The underlying principle to Mo's deal was one of legacy, and legacy is something built from solid foundation and is long standing. The current leauge position thus has little if any bearing on the administration, save that a 10 point deduction will not result in relegation. The Portsmouth situation, with which I have some legal involvement, is substantially worse than the PVFC situation and given the Football League only imposed a 10 point deduction, there is powerful and persuasive arguement and precedent to mitigate any PVFC deduction to 10 points.

It is a hopeless situation - the "sins of our fathers". We cannot wish away the failings of those in charge and we are now faced with an unavoidable reality. No more spin or astro turf promises. Hard facts and hard decisions.

The business of PVFC must be stabilised, and the football will follow in time - whether the next season or the one after. Without solid financial footing and a business that is based upon sensible and prudent fiscal and economic policy, we are all fooling ourselves. PVFC fans have had their hearts broken too often with false dawns. If Mo does step in (and no decision has been taken) then one thing you can be sure of - no empty promises, some tough love from a business perspecitive all geared towards a legacy to be proud of.

Kind regards

Advert

Mo has backed black and gold, plus the fans backing SEO. The reality is he should certainly open his wallet and give us MOney otherwise both campaigns are frankly pointless. I suspect and hope he will purchase the club when it enters admin, therby justifying SEO. Although he has never promised anything and I am concerned he will only buy the club if it suits him from a business perspective, not because he wants to be a white knight.

Also I doubt a certain Mr Williams would own £275,000 worth of shares to simply see the money evaporate. With his income it is probably cheaper for him to buy the club on his earned interest each year rather than see £275,000 and his club vanish.

It is my sincere hope that should Mo buy Port Vale it is indeed from a 'business perspective'. Nothing else should enter into the equation.

The administrator will be after Miller/Deakin/Julicher for half a million pounds.....the "nil paid" shares have been issued and used in a vote.

900 shareholders will be after Bratt/Lloyd/Oliver/Meigh/Jackson over

their responsibility concerning a million pounds of shareholders money.

The administrator will open the books and check every contract and paper trail.....perhaps they will find the whereabouts of the Port Vale lost millions.

This would be like winning the lotto/pools. and FA cup in one day if these sheits were made to pay back.All that money into the club to help pay off all the debts we now have.

TLB, as Mo’s right hand man I take your posts with a slight pinch of salt – please don’t take this the wrong way, it’s a healthy cynicism. After all, a certain Mr Oliver used to use OVF quite regularly to peddle board propaganda.

That aside, I think all Vale fan appreciate your open and honest dialogue on this message board. As we all know, the current incumbents have systematically locked down all communication with the fans – their paying customers.

Like many, it seems clear to me that the club is simply not a viable option for Mo unless we enter administration. However, administration should not be viewed as the easy option – all sorts of vultures will start to circle and I’d imagine one of the first men for the chop will be Micky.

I believe most sane, sensible and intelligent Vale fans believe Mo is the way forward. You and Mo put a credible business plan together last year, in comparison with the juvenile smear campaign and underhand tactics employed by the old guard.

This historic old club is nearly at its lowest ebb. Mo has the opportunity to create something really special in Burslem.

I hope he’s watching closely.

Hi Woody,

I encourage you to retain a healthy degree of sceptism when it comes to your club.

Mo and I have been open and communicative in all our dealings with the club, shareholders and fans. We have answered many questions. We have responded to criticism. We have engaged on all levels - regardless of position, wealth, creed, sex, age or whatever.

The proof will always be in the eating of the pudding. None of us are infallible - but as long as we are always honest then any shortcomings can be forgiven.

Let us see how this plays out in the coming days.

Regards

Hi Bob,

Mo is very much aware of the situation and has maintained a watching brief post EGM. In the event of administration, I am sure Mo will evaluate carefully and deliberately his options. I know many fans and shareholders remain in regular touch with Mo.

It is worth reiterating that the current plight of PVFC is, in my humble opinion, entirely down to those in charge. It is easy to blame SEO, B&G, SC or even Mo, but to do so is to miss the point entirely - namely that those in charge have failed to communicate and engage with the shareholders / fanbase, build bridges, heal wounds, secure revenues, regenerate the business / team etc. There seem some posters and some comments from Mike Lloyd seeking to blame all and sundry for the failings of those in charge. However the buck stops with ML & Co - and everything else is a mere consequence of their failings.

I know admin is every fans worse nightmare, and I do not for one moment underestimate the emotional trauma and turmoil associated with admin - but there lies a new beginning the otherside of admin, whoever steps up to the plate.

Kind regards

I can't fault the above logic but MC and yourself have undoubtedly part orchestrated and manipulated the situation. IMHO, your posts on OVF have led to many fans hanging onto every utterance seemingly now to be soon let down and if so, these actions are just as distasteful as those of the current board.

I can't fault the above logic but MC and yourself have undoubtedly part orchestrated and manipulated the situation. IMHO, your posts on OVF have led to many fans hanging onto every utterance seemingly now to be soon let down and if so, these actions are just as distasteful as those of the current board.

Im so glad they did take an interest, it exposed the board 100% for what they are, with out people like Mo some fans would still be deluded enough to support the likes of Bill Bratt, if they still do they are just that, deluded

With respect Paul, surely Mo and TLB can only be judged on what they do or don't do next?

What scuppered Mo taking over previously was the Broxap fiasco.

I don't really understand your point tbh.

Hi Paul,

You are entitled to your opinion. I disagree with your viewpoint.

Mo presented a legitimate bid. The board rejected. Mo persisted and the matter eventually went to EGM. The board rallied their respective shareholdings and conspired to hold on to power - despite the overwhelming demands they stand down.

Post EGM, neither Mo or I have made any promises or misrepresented the position. We have always maintained a watching brief.

I have only ever been honest and open in my posts. I have never sought to mislead or misrepresent. I do take exception that communicating is seen as manipulating. I give one side of the arguements - namely Mo's and my perspective. I do not seek to impose those views on anyone. I post and leave it to the posters to make of the posts what they will. I am damned if I do and damned if I do not. It seems if I post the suggestion is I am manipulative. If I did not post then I would stand guilty of the very arrogance levelled to the board in that respect.

What has happened in the aftermath of the EGM is nothing to do with Mo or myself. The board made re-election promises, the board changed personnel, more promises of investment came and went - the failings are endless.

For you to single Mo out as the cause (part or otherwise) is with the greatest respect a distortion of the facts.

The administration is singularly down to the board and its failings. Had the board delivered on its promises there would be no SEO or diminishing crowds / revenues. I am sorry if I sound quite robust in my response, but I am concerned we are not distracted by posts skirting around the unavoidable and irrefutable facts.

Those in charge of the business are to blame - as are those in charge of any business, whether in football or otherwise. All else is a consequences of those failings.

As and when PVFC enters administration, I am sure the administrator will engage with all and any interested parties in the usual way.

Kind regards.

With respect Paul, surely Mo and TLB can only be judged on what they do or don't do next?

What scuppered Mo taking over previously was the Broxap fiasco.

I don't really understand your point tbh.

I agree totally with your first sentence, what scuppered MC with Broxap was MC.

Starve em out wanted your pals who were bleeding the club dry out.

SEO only had one inevitable outcome if it succeeded--looks like the pidgeons have come home to roost! And before anyone says it---this is not a defence of those pratts in the boardroom. Just the logical end game to the SEO strategy, which although aimed at the boardroom, was in reality, as helpful as a chocolate teapot in saving the club from what now looks like certain administartion.

Archived