onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

This is weak... I don’t think I can speak on his behalf on the basis of his skin colour. That’s pretty pathetic actually RB.

I feel I can judge how he would react on this issue based on what hung how passionate he was in that video and the words he used.

Another classic Reagly Beagly comment... that view from your high horse must be amazing.

And Burnley have every right to ban him.

Yep. He support football embracing BLM, taking the knee to raise awareness. He says the banner is wrong and shouldn’t have happened. You don’t. Different levels of care I guess.

You were trying to win a hypothetical argument based on "what would Robbie think" - I don't know what Robbie would think. You are the one doing it, not me. And if you are not basing it on him being black, what are you basing it on?

You've obviously misunderstood half of my post if you are taking exception to the reasonable comment. You resort to trying to insult instead of addressing the point, yet again.

Burnley do not have the moral right to ban anyone without justification. If they do ban this guy then I'd be interested to see

Is it as pathetic as you describing my anger as that of a white man who has never experienced racism? I don't know how you dare talk about me being on a high horse.

Advert

4 minutes ago, geosname said:

I'm giving you an honest answer, what gives me the right to decide whether someone else is right or wrong in what they decide. I can tell you what I would or would not do. That's more a legal matter.

In your personal opinion, nothing to do with the law, you whether you think it was a bit of an off move or not, just YOUR view... promise I won’t call the police and give it in evidence. 

Do you think is was an ok thing to do?

4 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

And if you are not basing it on him being black, what are you basing it on?

Burnley do not have the moral right to ban anyone without justification

Is it as pathetic as you describing my anger as that of a white man who has never experienced racism? I don't know how you dare talk about me being on a high horse.

For the second time, I’m basing my view on his words and emotional delivery of them. What part of that don’t you understand?

Now we are talking morals... hold on. It was all law based before. Burnley can do whatever they want... and you will defend their right to do it. Right? 

You are right RB, let’s just laugh off the banner that man Robbie break down on Tv. Let’s not forget, in your own words, if Robbie was “reasonable” he would agree with you...  Ho Ho Ho.

14 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

So on viewing the banner, Robbie Earl got so emotional he broke down on TV due to his experience.

You think it should be “Laughed at”

And in one sentence you have perfectly demonstrated how far away from the actual emotions of the issue you are.

This logic is truly insane.

If this Burnley fan goes on TV and emotionally breaks down, does that validate the banner all of a sudden? "Well he is emotional and as you are not emotional then you don't understand the real issue behind white lives matter"

Of course it doesn't.

Emotions should be separated from facts. I'm afraid you've demonstrated how far away from facts you are.

15 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Burnley can do what they want. 

Defend a guys right to say what he wants. Defend a private companies actions when they decide they don’t like it.

They probably did a bit of research and saw social media photos of him at Tommy Robinson marches hugging the bloke. 

They probably put semantics aside and realised that the context was way more important.

And they decided to ban him.

Ohhhhhhh look... turns out I can! 

Fine, then I trust you will be supporting the banning of any equivalent black lives matter protesters too?

This is so false.

1 minute ago, Regal Beagle said:

This logic is truly insane.

If this Burnley fan goes on TV and emotionally breaks down, does that validate the banner all of a sudden? "Well he is emotional and as you are not emotional then you don't understand the real issue behind white lives matter"

Of course it doesn't.

Emotions should be separated from facts. I'm afraid you've demonstrated how far away from facts you are.

Eh?

You asked me what I based my assessment of Robbie’s feelings on the matter... I said his words and emotions.

Thats ok right? That’s something a human can do... you used a cheap shot to claim I was doing it because he was black ... which I wasn’t. So I explained that I used his emotions and words.

What have a Burnley can getting emotional got to do with how feel Robbie would react to his experience? 

I literally have No idea what you are rambling on about here. 

3 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Fine, then I trust you will be supporting the banning of any equivalent black lives matter protesters too?

This is so false.

I would support their right to do what they wanted. Just like you.

I belive that BLM represents a very good chance of getting more equality for Black people. So I wouldn't be a fan of them banning people for supporting it no. 

But if they wanted to they could.

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

In your personal opinion, nothing to do with the law, you whether you think it was a bit of an off move or not, just YOUR view... promise I won’t call the police and give it in evidence. 

Do you think is was an ok thing to do?

I've already said it was pointless, I wouldn't have even considered it, there is no upside.

I think it was probably done to upset people which is not ok if it's deliberate and the only intent. It raises a lot of questions but in the wrong way, at the wrong time, in the wrong place and will probably lead to no answers.

3 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

But the context in which they were portrayed was and so it was a racist act.

If you and others want to be pedantic about if the words themselves are racist to make the truth more comfortable, crack on.  Any moderate minded person realises that this was an act of racism.

Burnley's own CEO has indicated that it was carried out by Burnleys hooligan gang the Suicide Squad but you carry on pretending you have a point to make about the actual words, you are only showing yourself up.

Your argument is exactly why there is a problem with racism in the UK.  You dont think you are being racist and will sear blind you are not and give a million reasons why you arent but you are by defending IN ANY WAY the words on that banner.  Before you tell us all you arent in the UK, you are posting on a UK based forum about an event that took place in the UK, so dont bother yourself.

Are you sure you are ok?

3 minutes ago, geosname said:

I've already said it was pointless, I wouldn't have even considered it, there is no upside.

I think it was probably done to upset people which is not ok if it's deliberate and the only intent. It raises a lot of questions but in the wrong way, at the wrong time, in the wrong place and will probably lead to no answers.

So, no, it wasn’t ok.

Great.

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

For the second time, I’m basing my view on his words and emotional delivery of them. What part of that don’t you understand?

Now we are talking morals... hold on. It was all law based before. Burnley can do whatever they want... and you will defend their right to do it. Right? 

You are right RB, let’s just laugh off the banner that man Robbie break down on Tv. Let’s not forget, in your own words, if Robbie was “reasonable” he would agree with you...  Ho Ho Ho.

It's getting into real legal nitty gritty, I'm actually not sure if Burnley have the legal right to ban someone who has not broken any of their contractual agreements. You are not allowed to discriminate against consumers based on philosophical beliefs for example.

They definitely don't have a moral right to ban him in my opinion.

You've actually STILL not given any concrete reason for why the banner is racist. You are just trebling down on this emotion thing. Emotion has nothing to do with it.

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

So, no, it wasn’t ok.

Great.

I never said it was...... the pilot seemed to, the airport seemed to, the guy who paid for it seemed to, the company who made it seemed to..... they decided it was ok. They were the ones involved.

Archived