onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

30 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Again you turn it personal.

You don't think accusing someone of being a racist is personal..... offensive perhaps?

I think you have a problem with anyone who doesn't follow your apparently narrow thought process.

Advert

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

As big as ignoring the entire context to that banner and just saying “the words are not offensive”??

So any banners in the future, that blm deem suitable although at the moment i don't know anythng they would deem suitable other than theirs, should have a ps banner trailing the first, explaining the contect referred to...FFS grow up.

13 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

The first paragraph of the post above answers the why is is offensive.

as far as I have seen they absolutely have not used it as an example for their defeat so that a weird thing to say.

Now...

Do you think Ben Mee’s outrage and shame of the incident was fake?

If not, why do YOU think he was so ashamed and upset by it? 

i don't know if it was real or fake, but it did offer a excuse/get out of jail card as to why a team of professional footballers were bombed by 5 goals...even by united.

4 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I haven't accused you of being racist, I have told you that your argument is perpetuating the problem of racism.

My only problem is that you continually and deliberately bait posters on a forum you supposedly moderate.  It is obviously your style to never actually make a point but to instead just try to murky the waters and railroad honest debate.  You have a history of it.

I have no wish to continue going around this.  Your argument of semantics is undermining the BLM movement, which is exactly why the banner was racist and your argument is racist.  That's not opinion Geo, that's how it is.  You dont mean to be racist but you refuse to acknowledge the issue which means you either cant grasp it or are deliberately being belligerent.  Either way, it's a bit embarrassing.

Can you see the irony In the bold print?

It's not how it is, it's just your opinion of how it is.

When have I refused to acknowledge the issue? I've offered a solution, make everyone equal under the law.... you have offered? You don't understand, what I think is fact, everyone who dosn't agree is a racist.... bladdy hell how far right do you want to go? Should we all support you by holding a rally in Nuremburg or perhaps you want to go left,  we should produce your thoughts with a red binding.

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I've said it loads of times recently. What do you think the reaction will be from people who are white, working class, northern, who feel that they're under attack because of their skin colour. Many of the nuanced arguments about privilege simply do not apply to them. They have no voice but for the Tommy Robinson's et al.

If We were to draw a Venn diagram of all the things you have written on this topic, along with a few other posters, and the things Tommy Robinson has said about the topic... there would be a significant overlapping section.

So if your Genuine worry is disenfranchised, white, working class people will be swayed by terrible messages... maybe start looking closer to home.

I genuinely can see your point about the narrative and how those folk can turn to where they feel they are being heard... but it’s hard to read your own posts objectively. 

Your posts do more harm to the aim of a greater equality than they do to stooping Tommy Robinson being listened to!

Scream and shout at me all you want, until you can read your own posts objectively you won’t see it. It’s a shame.

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle...

Cone on, be brave and have an opinion.

Would you say it was the right thing to do to fly the banner.

Weaselling out of an answer with semantics... you are better than that.

if you don't mind i will  answer that, the banner did not say anything that was not the truth, the air banner company allowed it, 

in fact it passes our very own forum rules ie...

that you will not use this website to post any material which is knowingly false and/or deflamatory,inaccurate,abusive,vugar,hateful,harrasing,obscene,profane,sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a persons privacy, or otherwise violative of any law...

so again how was that banner racist?

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Wasted effort I’m afraid.

With a global movement to try and get equality for black people some will tinker around the edges and use semantics to Chip away at the message and greater cause.

They support it though... don’t forget.

get real, how may footballers would "take a knee" if they had a 100% guarantee that if they didn't there would be no comebacks, from team mates, social media, etc...

this happened in the US football, where the player knelt while the national anthem was played, his  team got rid of him, fellow team mates would not talk to him, and by the by he's now getting offers from the top flite teams, all because of George, and the organisation that his death spawned...80-90% of those at the rallys are inocently fighting for a change, but the other 10-20% are just using them for their own ends...

49 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Pedantry is your aim, it's clear to see.

Again you seem to think racism is matter of opinion, you are wrong and the fact that you believe its opinion is exactly why there is a problem.  It's not ok just because you are of the opinion it is.

You can think what you want, and you can slather on about the semantics all day but when you say or do something intentionally or otherwise that is racist you should be called out.  Again, offering any argument around that banner, pedantic, semantic or other is racist.  Like it or not.

That's drivel.

39 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

if you don't mind i will  answer that, the banner did not say anything that was not the truth, the air banner company allowed it, 

that you will not use this website to post any material which is knowingly false and/or deflamatory,inaccurate,abusive,vugar,hateful,harrasing,obscene,profane,sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a persons privacy, or otherwise violative of any law...

Do you think it was ok to fly it over the Burnley ground?

10 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

get real, how may footballers would "take a knee" if they had a 100% guarantee that if they didn't there would be no comebacks, from team mates, social media, etc...

this happened in the US football, where the player knelt while the national anthem was played, his  team got rid of him, fellow team mates would not talk to him, and by the by he's now getting offers from the top flite teams, all because of George, and the organisation that his death spawned...80-90% of those at the rallys are inocently fighting for a change, but the other 10-20% are just using them for their own ends...

Do you mean Colin Kapernick?

The guy who his team, team mates and organisation have all apologised and said they were wrong?

That guy?

Not the best argument is he Dave?

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

PFA Equality Director Iffy Onuora:

It's ok to be saddened by it.

It's ok to turn it into a positive.

It's ok to recognise the rights of others, even if you disagree with them.

It's ok to call this what it was.

I've said it loads of times recently. What do you think the reaction will be from people who are white, working class, northern, who feel that they're under attack because of their skin colour. Many of the nuanced arguments about privilege simply do not apply to them. They have no voice but for the Tommy Robinson's et al.

"look what happens when you say white lives matter, this is proof that white lives do not matter" - easy recruitment.

We have to try something else.

and look what the Biased Broadcsing Co. made of what Iffy said, no wonder they are getting complaints...

42 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

It’s a bit of a sign of not doing well on this argument that all you can say is “the sign with no context isn’t racist” which is something everyone has agreed on?

Everyone else moved on about 6 pages ago. Keep up

Archived