onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rico Out For The Season?

Memphis

Student of the Game;

1) Irrelevant how he scores goals, they are goals, there is also an art form to penalties - ask Popey on both counts

2) You were wrong so that's irrelevant

3) Good idea therefore to give him the opportunity to play with quicker players like Williamson. His partnership with Craig Davies was a success.

4) Statement without any specifics to back it up...?? Even if true and proven he's our best player by a country mile so is entitled to the biggest ego.

5) Agree like most fans I wouldn't have him as captain. Forwards for me don't make the best captains, generally central defenders and central midfielders do but that's the manger's decision and a number of Vale manager's have bestowed the honour on him so he probably does lead the team by example behind the scenes. He can only improve his goalscoring from open play (which is better than his team mates) if presented with chances which have been few and far between. For me he needs to stay far more central working between the width of the 18 yard box and let Pope and the others do the donkey work.

9 goals in 12 starts and his record over the last 3 or 4 years means it has to be Richards + anyone else.

Advert

A previous Vale physio gave duff advice to Michael Walsh which ultimately ended his career.

If proven Walsh should have grounds to take action against him.

Medical staff train for years and this type are experts in their fields.

I don't think it's fair to use that case in this instance as all parties are completely unrelated.

We're lucky to have a player of Marc Richard's calibre. Many sides in this league and the league above would jump at the chance to have him.

He's been in a side in decline since he arrived, I feel sorry for him as he's the one with the most genuine ability and quality.

Im prepared for the slating this will get, but is this going to be any great loss if he has his surgery now? I always used to be a big Richards fan, but several things have made me think twice about our talisman.

1) In the last 2 seasons more than half of his goals are from the penalty spot. His goals per open play ratio is quite poor.

2) In the last calender year I have questioned his commitment to the club and in all honesty was expecting to see his name as an outbund from the club with Notts County the likely destination.

3) When he does play our tempo up front compared to say when Popey plays with the likes of Williamson or Madjo (yes i know hes not here), slows down.

4) At the player of the year do I was one of a number of people who saw the ego the man has and the way he dealt with the fans (or the way he didnt deal with the fans).

5) He's not captain material because he doesnt lead by example, he should be left to try and recover any open play goal scoring form he used to have.

For me we should be playing Pope and Williamson, Pope and Dodds, or Dodds and Williamson.

Unbelieveable! We'd be better off with Barry and Paul Chuckle upfront!:razz::razz::shutup::shutup::yes::yes:

Unbelieveable! We'd be better off with Barry and Paul Chuckle upfront!:razz::razz::shutup::shutup::yes::yes:

;););)

Topical reference as we are playing Rotherham on Saturday.

I genuinely sometimes can't believe some posters on here are Vale fans and that if they are they can't see actual talent.

BEWILDERING is the word, TOTALLY BEWILDERING!

woah woah woah....Rico has lots of time for fans, always stops & chats and is generally a decent guy.

Does he have an ego??? yes but no more than many pro players.

This Rico bashing is tedious & frankly disgusting

Im prepared for the slating this will get, but is this going to be any great loss if he has his surgery now? I always used to be a big Richards fan, but several things have made me think twice about our talisman.

1) In the last 2 seasons more than half of his goals are from the penalty spot. His goals per open play ratio is quite poor.

2) In the last calender year I have questioned his commitment to the club and in all honesty was expecting to see his name as an outbund from the club with Notts County the likely destination.

3) When he does play our tempo up front compared to say when Popey plays with the likes of Williamson or Madjo (yes i know hes not here), slows down.

4) At the player of the year do I was one of a number of people who saw the ego the man has and the way he dealt with the fans (or the way he didnt deal with the fans).

5) He's not captain material because he doesnt lead by example, he should be left to try and recover any open play goal scoring form he used to have.

For me we should be playing Pope and Williamson, Pope and Dodds, or Dodds and Williamson.

I criticised Richards a couple of seasons ago but hes proved his worth i believe.

He is by far and away the best player we have and we are screwed without him.

We're screwed with him mate. He'd be better off looking after his fitness and health. He could play another 6-8 yrs in L1. If fit and sorted out.

I can't remember. The one we had after the good one that went to Crewe, young inexperienced dude. He came from Sheff University and scraped through his degree I'm told by someone within that Uni.

From memory Walsh ended up seeing the Crewe physio for treatment but the damage was already done.

No idea if Walsh did take action against him or not. Don't think we kept that physio for long though. It's a few years back now and don't remember the situation that clearly, other than that physio wasn't great and struggled at Uni.

Archived