onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rico Out For The Season?

Memphis

Advert

With the current state of our club, I imagine Richards and his agent will be very aware he will require a transfer at the end of the season.

I can't see him playing through the pain barrier too much, he will want the operation sooner rather than later so he is fit for the shop window.

Does he now have a ready made excuse if he doesn't start firing them in?

Sympathy will wear thin very quickly as he has been given the option to get it sorted.

That's a bit unfair as despite the criticism he receives on here he has consistently produced the goods in a woeful team.

Can't think of anyone else over the last 5 years that has produced as consistently for us...

Im prepared for the slating this will get, but is this going to be any great loss if he has his surgery now? I always used to be a big Richards fan, but several things have made me think twice about our talisman.

1) In the last 2 seasons more than half of his goals are from the penalty spot. His goals per open play ratio is quite poor.

2) In the last calender year I have questioned his commitment to the club and in all honesty was expecting to see his name as an outbund from the club with Notts County the likely destination.

3) When he does play our tempo up front compared to say when Popey plays with the likes of Williamson or Madjo (yes i know hes not here), slows down.

4) At the player of the year do I was one of a number of people who saw the ego the man has and the way he dealt with the fans (or the way he didnt deal with the fans).

5) He's not captain material because he doesnt lead by example, he should be left to try and recover any open play goal scoring form he used to have.

For me we should be playing Pope and Williamson, Pope and Dodds, or Dodds and Williamson.

To be fair the key and only real person(s) to take note of are the medical professionals and the physio doesn't think there is an issue reading the article.

A previous Vale physio gave duff advice to Michael Walsh which ultimately ended his career.

Just seen this on facebook:

"Striker Marc Richards will require surgery on his persistent ankle injury that has troubled the 29-year-old since pre-season.

See the full story on port-vale.co.uk"

Well for all those idiotic Rico haters out there we will no see how much we miss him. Only person who looks like scoring beyond Rico is Rigg.

So lets see how many goals we get...cos the likes of Pope have really set the world alight.

Im prepared for the slating this will get, but is this going to be any great loss if he has his surgery now? I always used to be a big Richards fan, but several things have made me think twice about our talisman.

1) In the last 2 seasons more than half of his goals are from the penalty spot. His goals per open play ratio is quite poor.

2) In the last calender year I have questioned his commitment to the club and in all honesty was expecting to see his name as an outbund from the club with Notts County the likely destination.

3) When he does play our tempo up front compared to say when Popey plays with the likes of Williamson or Madjo (yes i know hes not here), slows down.

4) At the player of the year do I was one of a number of people who saw the ego the man has and the way he dealt with the fans (or the way he didnt deal with the fans).

5) He's not captain material because he doesnt lead by example, he should be left to try and recover any open play goal scoring form he used to have.

For me we should be playing Pope and Williamson, Pope and Dodds, or Dodds and Williamson.

Your point becomes ridiculous when you suggest playing dodds instead of him.

Archived