onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

monies invested

zander

Am I the only one thinking that the people that have invested q good amount of money into the club will do anything to keep it out of admin?even those with say 5k plus,stan miegh,Glenn horrible infact anyone that has spent more than they should've.

They may not have done anything illegal but they just carnt face loseing their cash.

Advert

They won't have a choice the way we are going. The board are in an impossible situation - they don't want 'outsiders' coming in with real business acumen as this will mean revealing the books and relinquishing control. They can't fund it themselves because the remaining board members don't have anywhere near enough capital to keep us afloat, and anybody with any money has been voted off. The avenues for short term finance are running out and the gate money is shrinking too. The walls are closing in, so there must be something pretty bad in those books to risk losing their investment like this. Their self-centred interests probably made them an easy target for Lemon-top and Milker.

Am I the only one thinking that the people that have invested q good amount of money into the club will do anything to keep it out of admin?even those with say 5k plus,stan miegh,Glenn horrible infact anyone that has spent more than they should've.

They may not have done anything illegal but they just carnt face loseing their cash.

There are two places to be. The first is to not care about the money invested and this attitude could only come from a very wealthy person not interested in the business issues. The second is a person who is able to afford the investment, has made it unwisely in a poor business (Port Vale) and wants it back - but because it is a poor business there is a great deal of difficulty in achieving a return. Its that pressure that causes dysfuntional behaviour, a search for other investment and commercial contracts that at best show poor judgement and the need to play for time to find the next desperate effort to to get a return. They will fight and fight because they won't let go and mentally accept a loss. The only good thing I can say is that administration stuffs them big time so they may fight and fight to avoid that. But competence is an issue of course as well.

1)I am almost sure that MC offered to buy all shares!! I cant for the life of me see why they didnt accept!!

2)If you want a return on an investment, any football club is a very risky one(let alone one in the fourth tier)

3) If they invested out of love of the club as they say, then they should be prepared to lose that investment

IMO

Why would people looking to be re-imbursed for their investment, be actively going around trying to buy existing shares off people? Only reasons I can think of is they are doing it on behalf of a.n. other and using their cash, or its more desparation measures. Either way it doesn't help the club financially just gives the board more control.

By purchasing the Broxap & Bratty's shares Glenda & Lloyd have made it more difficult for themselves to walk away.

They have also made it more difficult for any potential investor by insisting that the investor purchase their shares rather than putting the money into the club. i.e. they are looking out for their own interests rather than the club. They will also be looking for large serverance pay deals from the service contracts that they have set up for themselves.

I personally hope for Administration, I would love to see them lose their investment. Why should they be able to sell their shares when the other 900 shareholders don't have the oppurntunity.

My thoughts are this:

All the original crew appear to have invested decent money £30-£150k at some time, if this was me I would at least want my money back, I can understand that, who wouldn't.

The fact that they wouldn't sell to MO suggests they either wanted MORE for their return, were in a process of getting more from their return each year, or, were looking to cash in 10 fold when it all went 'bump'or was in the process of 'going bump'.

It is obvious they have 'made' some form of financial gain and continue to do so at OUR and the future of PVFC's expense.

I do think that SEO is the only way and I think it's close to being successful but believe they are stripping the Club to the bone to satisfy their original projected profit target from the venture.

Again, look at how they manufactured to buy Rob Lee's shares, these guys are as hard-faced as it comes maybe small fry, but nontheless 'hard-faced'.

Look at the brass-neck of Bill Bratt at the EGM to sit it all out on the 'top-table' knowing forewell what was to unfold.

I do hope the authorities get involved soon but fear by then, they and the Club will be gone.

My thoughts are this:

All the original crew appear to have invested decent money £30-£150k at some time, if this was me I would at least want my money back, I can understand that, who wouldn't.

The fact that they wouldn't sell to MO suggests they either wanted MORE for their return, were in a process of getting more from their return each year, or, were looking to cash in 10 fold when it all went 'bump'or was in the process of 'going bump'.

It is obvious they have 'made' some form of financial gain and continue to do so at OUR and the future of PVFC's expense.

I do think that SEO is the only way and I think it's close to being successful but believe they are stripping the Club to the bone to satisfy their original projected profit target from the venture.

Again, look at how they manufactured to buy Rob Lee's shares, these guys are as hard-faced as it comes maybe small fry, but nontheless 'hard-faced'.

Look at the brass-neck of Bill Bratt at the EGM to sit it all out on the 'top-table' knowing forewell what was to unfold.

I do hope the authorities get involved soon but fear by then, they and the Club will be gone.

BB was having £50k out in the form of salary, can you honestly see the others liking that?

IMO they have all had at least something out of PVFC, this is what they are trying to hide

I'm betting they have all had at least part of their investment back

18th January, 07:57 #4

KEV.WILLIE

Originally Posted by zander

1)I am almost sure that MC offered to buy all shares!! I cant for the life of me see why they didnt accept!!

I think he did but they can't accept even of they wanted to because of the 24.9% rule!

Archived