onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Does Rudgey still love the vale?

deantaberner

Advert

And sjoke have been downhill all the way ever since! :doh:

i vale he was sacked and the offered the director of football job. So he was already humiliated and down beat and knew he couldn't get on wth bill bell. Given the choice between Brian Horton and John Rudge, Rudge wins hands down. You don't sack Rudge to replace him with the likes of Horton.

AVIM I am a big believer John Rudge has had more of an impact on their success than people give credit for, after all Rudgy signs the players and arranges contracts. The man is a ledgend in vale history and has had a massive impact on potteries football overall.

AVIM I am a big believer John Rudge has had more of an impact on their success than people give credit for, after all Rudgy signs the players and arranges contracts. The man is a ledgend in vale history and has had a massive impact on potteries football overall.

My view exactly.

Bell sacked rudge. The day the music died. Well, that and Bosman.

Rudgie must always be remembered with great affection for being part of the team that gave us the best times in my memory.

BUT A awful lot of water has gone under the bridge since those days. Football has changed (& not for the better) with the Bosman ruling there is no room to 'wheel and deal' which was Rudgie's forte. He with the aid of a good 'scout' could spot a 'rough diamond and buff him up to shine like a star'. Those days are gone it's more of a 'who you know more than a what you know' scenario today.... football stinks and its the big boys and Sky who have created most of the stench.

So don't lets even think of trying to lure the Rudgster back, he wouldn't come anyway, he worked his nuts off now he's 'sucking the gravy'. Good luck to the guy I say.

With regards to traitor that would only have been the case if he had walked out on us but that wasn't the case, he was sacked and maybe ruthless as it was perhaps it was the correct decision at the time... I don't know but it could have been handled with more diplomacy but that was never Bellies strongest virtue was it..... Life is full of what only's isn't it?.

I can remember during the good old days when rudgey was linked with another job on more money than the vale and he turned it down,

I was a paperboy at the time for a stoke fan and he said that if rudge evever left us we would end up back in the basement division.

The thought of it frightened me senseless, no rudgey is long gone and the papershop owner was correct. The total icing on the cake is the fact that rudgey is at stoke and they're in the premier league light yrs ahead of us. Having said that, so are wigan, swansea, west brom, wolves + others who we used to stand toe to toe with.

We are where we are.

Bring on Macc today, we're taking your town!!!

Dean.

Talk of JR being a traitor is just rubbish. Anyone who seriously thinks that should grow up! If it wasn't for JR then we would never have had the most successful part of the club's history. JR was offered numerous jobs during his reign and he turned them down to stay with the Vale. He was sacked when he shouldn't have been. I certainly don't blame him for going to Stoke when a decent well paid job came up. The bottom line is sometimes in life you have to think of yourself and family and anyone who thinks bad of Rudgey should stop acting like a 7 year old.

I would have him back in a flash.

To Guppy 4 England -----Steve Guppy played for Stoke a few years back does that make him a traitor? No it doesn't. They are Vale legends and should be remembered that way. Lets give Rudgey the respect and credit he deserves.

John Rudge,thankfully,is still held in high esteem by most Vale fans and long may it continue!He was treated badly by BB and now the club has completed its full circle and we are back to where it all started when JR and John McGrath roled into Boslem!Rudgie deserves some recognition but doubt the club would do anything,especially after the way they handled the Sproson situation.These legends should be looked after and always welcomed back to Vale Park.Dont treat them like Roy Sproson please :(

Archived