onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The future

geosname

Advert

Think I would like one owner but they have to go through a elected board to make big decision but day to day its theres

What planet are you on????

If Mo Chaudry/AN Other bought the club in its entirety he would expect/have full control of the clubs future, and rightly so. Do you expect him to then appoint some people who he then has to ask to make decisions, or as I think your implying ask people to vote them in?????

And depending on the owners other business interests I would expect them to be chairman and make strategic decisions, and appoint a CEO to run the club on a day to day basis. Do you think the owners of a football club are in the office Monday-Friday worrying about who they can get in as a loan left back for Saturday, particularly if they have other business interests????

In Vales case I would think a single owner would be chairman, who in turn would appoint a CEO to run the club on a day to day basis. IMO Encouraging Deakin to purchase/aquire shares was a big mistake with the current lot - let a CEO be accountable to the chairman/owner, it's a conflict of interests otherwise which in this case led to Deakins downfall.

Do you think the owners of a football club are in the office Monday-Friday worrying about who they can get in as a loan left back for Saturday, particularly if they have other business interests????

Dont professional football clubs employ a manager to make those decisions?

Dont professional football club owners allow the manager to get on with football matters and dont interfere? :rolleyes:

Dont professional football clubs employ a manager to make those decisions?

Dont professional football club owners allow the manager to get on with football matters and dont interfere? :rolleyes:

Perhaps 20 years ago son, nowadays the manager would only recommend a player/players, the CEO would deal with other clubs/agents and agree personnel terms and tie down the deal.

What planet are you on????

If Mo Chaudry/AN Other bought the club in its entirety he would expect/have full control of the clubs future, and rightly so. Do you expect him to then appoint some people who he then has to ask to make decisions, or as I think your implying ask people to vote them in?????

And depending on the owners other business interests I would expect them to be chairman and make strategic decisions, and appoint a CEO to run the club on a day to day basis. Do you think the owners of a football club are in the office Monday-Friday worrying about who they can get in as a loan left back for Saturday, particularly if they have other business interests????

In Vales case I would think a single owner would be chairman, who in turn would appoint a CEO to run the club on a day to day basis. IMO Encouraging Deakin to purchase/aquire shares was a big mistake with the current lot - let a CEO be accountable to the chairman/owner, it's a conflict of interests otherwise which in this case led to Deakins downfall.

The issue I have with one owner (anyone not just Mo) is that they could sell up and get out. Mo I agree has local business issues but saying that he could sell them up and get out, I do not think that he would but its possible. The ground is worth more than the loans on it so if the club is to be believed there is some money there (although not much when debts are paid off).

LB seems to have his head screwed on, I have come to trust him over time

The issue I have with one owner (anyone not just Mo) is that they could sell up and get out. Mo I agree has local business issues but saying that he could sell them up and get out, I do not think that he would but its possible. The ground is worth more than the loans on it so if the club is to be believed there is some money there (although not much when debts are paid off).

LB seems to have his head screwed on, I have come to trust him over time

I think that the concerns you have over Mo are the same that a lot of us share, especially around the issue of Vale Park. My point was that your proposal of an elected board who he was accountable to is totally unworkable - no owner, not just Mo, would put that in place.

Although his initial bid is no longer valid it has to be analysed as to highlight the mans intentions. Let's put aside the fact that he went back on his word and refused to pay the going rate when the opportunity arose (His Chance To Secure Vale) and his attempt to renegotiate the council loan despite pledging to wipe out all debt. My main concern was that his business plan mentioned the club repaying him his loans plus an unspecified rate of interest WHEN the club returned to making a profit, yet had absolutely no mention of how he intended to make that happen. Given that 90% of championship clubs return operating losses of 7 figures plus, just how does this man intend to turn lowly port vale into a profit making commodity?? And don't give me big crowds, fan base etc - Again there's Championship clubs pulling 20,000+ crowds who are posting huge losses - the current economic climate lends to that at the moment. Until he spells out his master plan, and it has. Itching to do with the current state if the books, there is no way I could trust him as the only way I could see it happening is by selling off club assets.

Ps Not sure how you can come to trust anyone, let alone LB, over what you have seen posted on an Internet message board. Mo is the king of spin and PR, that there is no doubting.

I think that the concerns you have over Mo are the same that a lot of us share, especially around the issue of Vale Park. My point was that your proposal of an elected board who he was accountable to is totally unworkable - no owner, not just Mo, would put that in place.

Although his initial bid is no longer valid it has to be analysed as to highlight the mans intentions. Let's put aside the fact that he went back on his word and refused to pay the going rate when the opportunity arose (His Chance To Secure Vale) and his attempt to renegotiate the council loan despite pledging to wipe out all debt. My main concern was that his business plan mentioned the club repaying him his loans plus an unspecified rate of interest WHEN the club returned to making a profit, yet had absolutely no mention of how he intended to make that happen. Given that 90% of championship clubs return operating losses of 7 figures plus, just how does this man intend to turn lowly port vale into a profit making commodity?? And don't give me big crowds, fan base etc - Again there's Championship clubs pulling 20,000+ crowds who are posting huge losses - the current economic climate lends to that at the moment. Until he spells out his master plan, and it has. Itching to do with the current state if the books, there is no way I could trust him as the only way I could see it happening is by selling off club assets.

Ps Not sure how you can come to trust anyone, let alone LB, over what you have seen posted on an Internet message board. Mo is the king of spin and PR, that there is no doubting.

Well, they say it takes one, to know one.

We need to find a rich person with integrity and business nowse - someone like the Bloke who owns Wigan - what we dont need is a situation like that at Blackburn Rovers or Newc Utd.

V2001 need replacing completely - they have demonstrated non of the above and its looking more like finishing like the Bell era did (but at least he presided over many good times and tangable ground improvements).

We need to find a rich person with integrity and business nowse - someone like the Bloke who owns Wigan - what we dont need is a situation like that at Blackburn Rovers or Newc Utd.

Totally agree, but the point I'm making is that its so hard, perhaps impossible, to not run at substantial losses for any side outside of the premiership, and even 80% of teams in it. Unless your some rich overseas consortium with money to burn its just not going to happen.

There are far more richer, local to their team business men who make more in a week than Mo Chaudry has made in his lifetime that are running football clubs at massive losses a year - what is his masterplan that makes him so sure he can run little old Port Vale at a profit to be in a position to start charging it interest on his loans ???

Totally agree, but the point I'm making is that its so hard, perhaps impossible, to not run at substantial losses for any side outside of the premiership, and even 80% of teams in it. Unless your some rich overseas consortium with money to burn its just not going to happen.

There are far more richer, local to their team business men who make more in a week than Mo Chaudry has made in his lifetime that are running football clubs at massive losses a year - what is his masterplan that makes him so sure he can run little old Port Vale at a profit to be in a position to start charging it interest on his loans ???

So, in other words, we may as well stick with the people we have now?

Unless you give someone a chance they will never be able to demonstrate what they can do. Your posts come across as scaremongering over Mo (with a style similar to banbell). Give it a rest.

The point is this time, your scare tactics won't work. Get used to it. Because the change we want will happen.

So, in other words, we may as well stick with the people we have now?

Unless you give someone a chance they will never be able to demonstrate what they can do. Your posts come across as scaremongering over Mo (with a style similar to banbell). Give it a rest.

The point is this time, your scare tactics won't work. Get used to it. Because the change we want will happen.

Dunner worry about it VV,him and Pezza are doing a fine job in PROMOTING Mo's cause.

Archived