onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The future

geosname

1 owner but would like to see at least 1 fans rep on the board, so we at least have a voice if not with much power. Also they could be the connection between fans and owner, for a more transparent future.

If we had a single owner would we have/want/need a board at all?

Advert

Single owner with elected Board in support.

As already said, no successful businessman is likely to want to invest £1m+ without being able to guarantee control. Markie G, that's the reality here.

I voted against the 24.9% investment ceiling in the first place; it has only proved to be a firewall for Mssrs Bratt & Co since.

I think we need to hope that there's sufficient interest in the club to take us forward within the single ownership model. Certainly the onset of administration would take decision-making away from the current shareholders anyway.

Who would elect the board?... would there/should there be a board?

Geosname,

I'd suppose that the new board would be selected by the new owner. It would make sense for him/her to have a system of checks and balances in the overall decision-making process.

The key, though, would be that final decisions would be the owner's. And quite rightly, too.

What worries me about one person is the fact that they can royally screw us up. If they are in it for the money alone and things go bad they might just milk us then leave.

Mind you the board thing has not worked overly well so not sure.

Think I would like one owner but they have to go through a elected board to make big decision but day to day its theres

This is the sort of statement that baffles me completely. :unsure:

Why would Mo Chaudry 'royally screw us up' when he owns Waterworld? How stupid would he have to be to play with fire in his own backyard, so to speak, knowing the knock-on effect it will have for Waterworld? He's a clever and articulate bloke with a lot of business acumen and puts these disgusting parasites to shame without a shred of effort. I'm very much behind him taking over, and I can see a positive future for PVFC should he get to take over the reigns. :yes:

I think its time for fans to consider/decide what type of ownership they want to see at Vale.

An elected board?

Single owner?

Single owner with elected board support?

Single owner with unelected/selected board support?

Partnership/group?

Other?

Personally I think single owner with selected board support is probably the best option [at the moment].... provided the "selected" board are chosen for what they can bring to the table to advance the business.

. Beggers cant be choosers I am sorry to say.

Who would invest in a club that is up the neck in debt, facing administration with points deducted and possible relegation to Blue Square league and almost bankrupt with gate monies and other income not meeting the weekly expenses?

Not just that mess but not being able to control how any investment can be used because of the 24.9% rule.

Mo Chaudry, Peter Coates or any other person with a business brain would most certainly keep their money in the bank until the 24.9% rule is abolished and if ever the club finances can be aligned and boardroom

incompetence individuals made redundant.

I think Port Vale will go into admin and this will be publically announced at the AGM.

I believe a new Port Vale will emerge from admin, with a single owner who brings to the table others as he see's fit.

This will be in readiness for the 2012/2013 season.

The new owner will take this club forward for the benefit of all Port Vale fans, it won't be easy, it will be a long road to recovery, but it's a road we must take.

Go Mo.

Why would Mo (or anyone else) "need to buy all shareholders' shares?" Any businessman worth his reputed millions will simply wait till the inevitable administration happens (very soon, I fear) and then make an offer for the club - shares won't come into it then, having no value either financially or 'voting-wise.'

Archived