onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie Update

NLVMalc

It is as a shareholder myself, not just as a fan, that my opinion is that he should use his vote.

So as a shareholder you're ok with someone telling YOU how to vote. Abstaining is a valid choice, may not be the one I'd make or you would make, but stop trying to impose your will on other people.

Advert

TBH, if he looked at the situation and wheighed up the pros and cons and decided to vote with the Board I would, of course, be disappointed. However, I would have more respect for him than I do at the moment. To me, it seems like he can't be bothered and that is a poor show from any shareholder, let alone one who own a fifth of the Club.

Could he be called the silent majority?

In other words, you know best and must decide for him.

Just like the people who want to tell him how he should spend his money.

It would be great if we could direct people in which way to vote, but not right, he has to make his own decision. Thats responsible, whether you and I like that decision or not.

Of course he WILL make his own decision, we live in a so called democratic country.

Ministers in the Houses of Parliment make their own decision, but they are often lobbied to try and get their opinion changed.

Nothing wrong with the supporters or the board trying to obtain Robbie's vote.

Hope that in both cases that this happening. If so, may the one's with the best offer for the club gain Robbie's support.

Of course he WILL make his own decision, we live in a so called democratic country.

Ministers in the Houses of Parliment make their own decision, but they are often lobbied to try and get their opinion changed.

Nothing wrong with the supporters or the board trying to obtain Robbie's vote.

Hope that in both cases that this happening. If so, may the one's with the best offer for the club gain Robbie's support.

Lobbying means providing good reasons and some people in B and G have done this in a meaningful and excellent way. Tone isn't one of them, he just wants to dictate to people and comes across like a small uneducated child who yells when he doesn't get his own way.

So as a shareholder you're ok with someone telling YOU how to vote. Abstaining is a valid choice, may not be the one I'd make or you would make, but stop trying to impose your will on other people.

I think you are missing the point (and failing to read what I have said).

It is not up to me to tell RW anything but in my opinion he has a responsibility that goes with being the major shareholder and that is to vote one way or the other on each issue or say that he abstains on any one vote. It is irresponsible just to say that he doesn't know what is going on so he's not voting at all., any time, ever.

I wish him well in his career and personally but he's old enough now to act in a mature fashion.

Lobbying means providing good reasons and some people in B and G have done this in a meaningful and excellent way. Tone isn't one of them, he just wants to dictate to people and comes across like a small uneducated child who yells when he doesn't get his own way.

I am sorry you feel it is necessary to make a personal attack on me but I decline to respond - in other words, I abstain. :)

I think you have the wrong end of the stick as regards Tone......He lives to far away to be an active member of the B&G group......But he wants whats best for Vale just like yourself...Including getting rid of this present regime.===

Guest DonDon Valiant
If I was him, I would give my proxy to whoever wins a hand vote. but then I believe in democracy. Only truly used in village councils in Switzerland. I believe.

A cracking idea.

Surely he could sort out his legal rep, or trusted family/friend to attend an EGM with his proxy and vote with the majority.

That being said, I fully respect his decision to not vote.

In other words, you know best and must decide for him.

Just like the people who want to tell him how he should spend his money.

It would be great if we could direct people in which way to vote, but not right, he has to make his own decision. Thats responsible, whether you and I like that decision or not.

The problem I have with Robbie's response is that he has made his decision because he is not close enough to the issues to make a decision. I find that incredible. If he's a real Vale fan he should make the time to understand the issues and not duck them simply because he lives in LA.

I live in Helsinki, yet I am willing to devote some time to understanding what the issues are. I don't need to be in Burslem to know that it is time for change. Unfortunately, I don't own 49800 shares.

In my opinion, he is dodging the issue simply because he wants to be on both sides (or neither, depending how you view it). Time to stand up and be counted, and if that means he votes for the board, then so be it.

The most significant issue about RW is that as our most famous fan he is now in a position to perhaps make the biggest decision in our Club's history.

Whilst I can understand his comment about being directly removed from the local community, the practical reality is very different insofar that at least his Dad and sister live in Stoke. They must be constantly exposed to Vale-related stories from friends, neighbours and, of course, the press.

There may be more deep-rooted personal or family loyalty to the Board and that may be something that we have to consider and perhaps accept but although I have applauded RW's ££ contribution five years ago and his subsequent shadowy presence around us, I wholeheartedly believe that he should re-consider his position about abstaining at any EGM.

I would implore all fans to make some attempt to contact him.

Robbie if you are reading this, think back to your younger days before success took you out of your home town. Think about how much Port Vale meant to you. Think back to how a Vale win could carry you through the week. Think back to how a Vale goal made you feel. Imagine if there was a promise of lasting success on the horizon, think what that would have meant to you.

Robbie, whilst I recognise you have moved on and you have PR people who filter information and protect you, you have probably realised that the essence of life is still the same. That the greatest fullfilment in life is through giving and making a difference. When you sing, you dont sing for yourself, you sing for the audience, to give them something, to take them somewhere.

Robbie, now you have the chance to make a difference to those Vale fans who rely on Port Vale, just as you used to, to help them get through the week....

Pease, please, please TAKE IT!!!!

It's all rather depressing isn't it?

I'm trying my best to be positive about the whole situation and wait with baited breath in the hope that the next bit of news will change things.

However, without Robbies vote,the reality of the situation......

Port Vale FC is a private limited company....the directors have voting power of approx 40%

Therefore, pushing any type of resolution through is simply not going to happen....unfortunately, like it or lump it (and morals aside) the reality is that the voting support for mo is in the minority...and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

I can't see the board stepping down or changing their minds....they have taken it too far now they're in it for the long haul.

Apologies for being a negative *******....please for god sake give me something to prove me wrong.

Robbie if you are reading this, think back to your younger days before success took you out of your home town. Think about how much Port Vale meant to you. Think back to how a Vale win could carry you through the week. Think back to how a Vale goal made you feel. Imagine if there was a promise of lasting success on the horizon, think what that would have meant to you.

Robbie, whilst I recognise you have moved on and you have PR people who filter information and protect you, you have probably realised that the essence of life is still the same. That the greatest fullfilment in life is through giving and making a difference. When you sing, you dont sing for yourself, you sing for the audience, to give them something, to take them somewhere.

Robbie, now you have the chance to make a difference to those Vale fans who rely on Port Vale, just as you used to, to help them get through the week....

Pease, please, please TAKE IT!!!!

:clap:Brilliant, brilliant post!:clap:

I got a lump in my throat reading that.

===

It may be irresponsible in the eyes of those who NEED his vote. What would the reaction be if tommorows news is that RW is to vote in favour of the board?

Thats democracy WV. I would respect him more if he did just that instead of not bothering at all.

Archived