onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summat to think about

scVale

Don't mean to sound depressing here, but heres something to think about over your boxing day pints. Have Vale gone the longest out of any current football league club without winning a promotion? (17 years, nearly 18). Again don't mean to bring everybody down just summat which has been bugging me. Answers on a postcard please.

Advert

Out of all the teams that weren't in the Premier League when we were last promoted, yes.

The only team I can think that has gone longer without a promotion is Coventry.

christ it makes you think dunner it, I wonder if we are the second longest after Coventry then.

No worries' date=' the way we are going it won't be too long before we beat it! ;)[/quote']

Yeah, I know, at the moment it feels as though we'll never experience a promotion again. But you never know, always look on the bright side of life:laugh:

Never seen one. I can imagine a play off final win would be amazing

Blimey how old are you?? ;)

Bristol Rovers was amazing in 89 both home and away. Was only ten at the time but still get goosebumps now!

On the other hand WBA at Wembley in 93 was one of the few times I have cried at a Vale game and it didn't help with 40,000 daft beggars boing boinging! Never forgive that diving got Kevin Donovan.

Arsenal won promotion in 1904 to Div 1, also in 1919 they finished 5th in Div 2 but were elected in place of Spurs who finished 2nd, so 1919 is the last time they moved up a league. So looking at 91 years. ( Also about that time Leeds City were expelled from Div 2 and Vale took thier place during the season)

Blimey how old are you?? ;)

Bristol Rovers was amazing in 89 both home and away. Was only ten at the time but still get goosebumps now!

On the other hand WBA at Wembley in 93 was one of the few times I have cried at a Vale game and it didn't help with 40,000 daft beggars boing boinging! Never forgive that diving got Kevin Donovan.

I started going in '96 so at least I saw us at our peak I guess

Arsenal won promotion in 1904 to Div 1, also in 1919 they finished 5th in Div 2 but were elected in place of Spurs who finished 2nd, so 1919 is the last time they moved up a league. So looking at 91 years. ( Also about that time Leeds City were expelled from Div 2 and Vale took thier place during the season)

I thought of them but then realised the question was about football league clubs and not PL teams.

Archived