onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters Club protest fighting fund

Doha

Advert

And...we're off again!!! Fan vs fan because some have differences of opinion! For what it's worth - mine is this: Not sure why we need a fighting fund for this kind of protest? But, if someone can lay out a strategy and show where that money was going to be reasonably spent, I would contribute. I'm not sure whether Smurthwaite can put our club into administration if it's a going concern...as seems likely with the money he seems / is alleged to have taken out of the club? Maybe this course of action could count against him as being a "Fit and proper person" to run an EFL club - just as the Oystons?

So your comment was inappropriate.

It wasn't... my comment was directed at the SC not the people who are in charge of it... has the working policy of the SC changed?... has the ethos changed?... I have no idea and no wish to find out... trust was broken.

It wasn't... my comment was directed at the SC not the people who are in charge of it... has the working policy of the SC changed?... has the ethos changed?... I have no idea and no wish to find out... trust was broken.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

And...we're off again!!! Fan vs fan because some have differences of opinion! For what it's worth - mine is this: Not sure why we need a fighting fund for this kind of protest? But, if someone can lay out a strategy and show where that money was going to be reasonably spent, I would contribute. I'm not sure whether Smurthwaite can put our club into administration if it's a going concern...as seems likely with the money he seems / is alleged to have taken out of the club? Maybe this course of action could count against him as being a "Fit and proper person" to run an EFL club - just as the Oystons?

So far the B&G Group & Supporters' Club have self-funded:

http://www.valeforsale.co.uk Website build & hosting

Banners

Purchase of scarves

3000 printed red cards

Solicitor consultation - leading to a bill of over £2000 for initial representation, potentially rising due to the results of certain actions; the details of which we can obviously not disclose.

The fighting fund was opened basically because we wanted a rapid turnaround with solicitor's costs and because numerous fans had contacted us to request that they have somewhere to make a donation towards the fight. We have so far encountered all manner of threats from Mr Angry so we, as a group, need to ensure we can continue the fight without fear of being bullied into legal action. There is so much behind the scenes that we don't publicise. This campaign isn't just about a group of people standing outside the doors chanting Smurthwaite out, as some misguidedly think!

Banners

Purchase of scarves

3000 printed red cards

Solicitor consultation - leading to a bill of over £2000 for initial representation, potentially rising due to the results of certain actions; the details of which we can obviously not disclose.

The fighting fund was opened basically because we wanted a rapid turnaround with solicitor's costs and because numerous fans had contacted us to request that they have somewhere to make a donation towards the fight. We have so far encountered all manner of threats from Mr Angry so we, as a group, need to ensure we can continue the fight without fear of being bullied into legal action. There is so much behind the scenes that we don't publicise. This campaign isn't just about a group of people standing outside the doors chanting Smurthwaite out, as some misguidedly think!

Your work is very much appreciated and costs understood by the majority.

For those still swallowing Norman's nonsense, consider how events unfolded this weekend. Friday he tells BnG he'll put the club in admin. Saturday morning he confirmed this on Radio Stoke, blaming this on protests.

At that point. Vale were 4 games undefeated. Protests were not planned for Saturday. Protests had been 100% peaceful and consisted of some cards and a few hundred singing songs. Nothing.

No. Protests are not to blame here. Norman is rattled. He's worried about the information BnG have on him. As stated above, he's threatening legal action, hoping individuals concerned can't afford to cover legal costs. The protest fund goes someway to negate that threat, which he doesn't like.

Combined, you get a man worried about no one but himself. His actions reflect on him, and show him up for what many of us know him to be. A petty, vindictive, arrogant, selfish man who behaves like a petulant child. Do not fall for his nonsense. Do not feel sorry for him.

Banners

Purchase of scarves

3000 printed red cards

Well said and well done, keep up the good work !

Your work is very much appreciated and costs understood by the majority.

For those still swallowing Norman's nonsense, consider how events unfolded this weekend. Friday he tells BnG he'll put the club in admin. Saturday morning he confirmed this on Radio Stoke, blaming this on protests.

At that point. Vale were 4 games undefeated. Protests were not planned for Saturday. Protests had been 100% peaceful and consisted of some cards and a few hundred singing songs. Nothing.

No. Protests are not to blame here. Norman is rattled. He's worried about the information BnG have on him. As stated above, he's threatening legal action, hoping individuals concerned can't afford to cover legal costs. The protest fund goes someway to negate that threat, which he doesn't like.

Combined, you get a man worried about no one but himself. His actions reflect on him, and show him up for what many of us know him to be. A petty, vindictive, arrogant, selfish man who behaves like a petulant child. Do not fall for his nonsense. Do not feel sorry for him.

Exactly, and I am pretty sure he had decided to wash his hands of the club long before the great unwashed started challenging him. The fighting fund just gave him a smokescreen to play the victim.

Everything else aside, he's one strange person!

Exactly, and I am pretty sure he had decided to wash his hands of the club long before the great unwashed started challenging him. The fighting fund just gave him a smokescreen to play the victim.

Everything else aside, he's one strange person!

He does seem a little strange, it's difficult to judge accurately without all the information but why, if he has a plan, speak out at all?..... it's unlikely to deter or deflect efforts to remove him, it actually brings it into the light for more people to see and probably brings more people onside.

I pledge to buy home and away kits from wherever I'm living next season with new owners.

I had a meeting with the club last year offering my services to build a new Ecom website for them but this wasn't take up as it 'wasn't needed'. I'd be happy to do this remotely for cost price to help the club increase sales from other revenues.

I pledge to buy home and away kits from wherever I'm living next season with new owners.

I had a meeting with the club last year offering my services to build a new Ecom website for them but this wasn't take up as it 'wasn't needed'. I'd be happy to do this remotely for cost price to help the club increase sales from other revenues.

Another excellent idea.

Perhaps someone should start a thread of helpful ideas for the future.

I run some entertainment some of which is football-related. I've provided this at Liverpool, Man City, Wolves, Crystal Palace, the Champions League final in Cardiff and the Women's FA Cup final.

I offered my services free of charge for a day in the summer holidays to stage a club fun day and launch season ticket sales etc.

You can probably guess the response I got.

I gave up even bothering with trying after that.

Archived