onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well done Madjo

SuperValiant1876

Advert

Praise for Madjo on the FL show too. :yes:

Sitting in the Bycars I can say that third goal in particular was very well taken. If he plays at that level all the time everyone would want him to be signed up. Similarly we had very good wing play today. There is a vulnerability with this though, the wing play can be stopped by telling the opposition wide players to force play through the middle of the park and if that happens our two in midfield have to be a threat near the edge of the box as well and effective play into Pope is needed. We could be capable of that. Also today if Aldershot had a decent striker, clearly their problem because they pass the ball well enough, they could have scored two or three. I am being a bit churlish there because it was a difficult surface and defenders couldn't easily get footing to tackle.

The two away games are good opportunities. Hereford have improved and are moving away from the bottom two. Perhaps we deceived ourselves against Northampton as they now look in trouble if Plymouth improve. But if we could get through these two games with a good haul we then have a make or break period when the chance is there with six point type games to inflict damage on Cheltenham, Shrewsbury, Southend, Rotherham and Gillingham. I think Crawley will win the league but come through that lot with a confident team, improvements in January or not, and we could be well placed by February.

I am very frustrated like a lot of fans with Port Vale's circumstances. Stevenage is a smaller club than Port Vale and they are playing in League 1 and loaning us two very good players by League 2 standards. Mike Cullerton made the point on Radio Stoke that club needs leadership at Board level with someone who is a substantial person and has the money to genuinely alter the business plans of the club. What we have at present, irrespective of their recent serious wrong doings, are people at board level who have to look for outside commercial investment of a very substantial size to move the club forward. The irony is that looks even less likely now with a club in major internal dispute.

But Madjo and team mates entertained me today and thanks for that.

Madjo started his English club career at Petersfield Town of the Wessex League. He scored 12 goals in 11 games during the 2004–05 season before attracting the attention of a number of higher league clubs.[4] He had a trial at both Stoke City and Port Vale, and impressed Stoke manager Johan Boskamp and Vale manager Martin Foyle, but left Stoke-on-Trent after only being offered non-contract terms at Port Vale.[5] In August 2005, Madjo went on trial with Bristol City, playing for the reserve side in a 3–0 defeat against Cheltenham Town.[6] He went on to score two goals in three reserve games for the club.[7] Madjo was without a work permit, and subsequently could not sign a contract with Bristol City until a decision was made as to whether his work permit application would be accepted.[7] Having trialled with Bristol City for three weeks without pay, Madjo was offered a trial by Argentine Primera División side Boca Juniors.[7] However, a day before he was due to fly out to Argentina, he was granted a work permit, and subsequently signed for Bristol City on a free transfer.[7] Madjo made his Bristol City debut in the club's first away win of the 2005–06 season, playing 86 minutes in their 3–2 win at Brentford.[8] He played a further five times for Bristol City, scoring once in a 3–2 Football League Trophy defeat at Barnet – scoring just six minutes after coming on as a substitute.[9]

Having made only a handful of appearances under new manager Gary Johnson, Madjo joined Conference National side Forest Green Rovers on loan, with a view to a permanent move, in November 2005.[10] Madjo made his debut for Forest Green a day after signing for the club, coming on as a substitute for Zema Abbey in the club's 2–0 away loss to eventual champions Accrington Stanley.[11] He scored his first goal for the club a week later, scoring the first goal of the game in a 2–1 away loss at Aldershot Town, a game in which Madjo was also sent-off in.[12] The sending off meant that Madjo missed the club's next three games, returning to the first-team a month later, on 26 December 2005, scoring a late equaliser as a substitute in Forest Green's 2–2 home draw with Hereford United.[13] Four days later, he scored twice against Aldershot in a 4–2 home win,[14] before scoring his fifth goal in four games in a 1–1 away draw at Hereford.[15] Following a successful loan spell, scoring five goals in six games, Madjo signed for the club permanently on 13 January 2006, signing a contract until the end of the 2005–06 season.[16] In his first game after signing permanently for the club, Madjo scored twice in a 5–0 victory against Altrincham.[17] He scored a total of 9 goals for Forest Green, playing 24 games for the club.[18]

Forest Green were unable to offer Madjo an extended contract at the end of the season as the player "was out of the country".[19] Shortly before the 2006–07 campaign, on 8 August 2006, Madjo joined newly promoted Conference National side Stafford Rangers.[20] He was the first ever full-time player at Stafford Rangers.[21] Madjo made his debut four days later in a 1–1 draw away at Grays Athletic.[22] He scored the winning goal in the club's following fixture, a 1–0 home win against Altrincham – firing the ball high into the net in the 81st minute after connecting with Dolapo Olaoye's cross.[23] Madjo failed to find the net again until 10 October 2006, scoring in Stafford's 4–1 away win at Gravesend & Northfleet.[24] Four days later, he was on hand to score the only goal of the game in the 8th minute in a 1–0 win victory against Woking, scoring from 18 yards out.[25] A month later, Madjo scored his fourth goal of the 2006–07 campaign in a 3–1 defeat at Halifax Town,[26] before scoring a week later in a 2–2 home draw against St Albans City.[27] Madjo failed to find the scoresheet for two months, before scoring a consolation strike in a 3–1 home loss to Morecambe on 27 January 2007, with the visitors 3–0 up Madjo struck a "superb 20-yard volley" past Morecambe goalkeeper Steven Drench.[28] He went a further nine games without a goal, ending his goal drought in a 4–2 win against Grays Athletic on 24 March 2007.[29] Three days later, he scored a crucial winner in a 1–0 away win at Altrincham, scoring with a header from Nathan Talbott's driven cross.[30] A brace away at Aldershot Town in a 4–2 defeat meant that Madjo had taken his goal tally into double figures, scoring two first-half goals with close range finishes.[31] Madjo scored both goals in Stafford's 2–0 home win against Northwich Victoria on 17 April 2007, the win all but secured Stafford's Conference National status for another season.[32] He scored 12 times for Stafford in 45 appearances.[33]

Madjo joined Crawley Town on 28 June 2007, signing alongside Jon-Paul Pittman and Tyrone Thompson.[34] He scored twice on his debut in Crawley's first game of the 2007–08 season, a 2–1 home win against Stevenage.[35] The following week, Madjo scored again, this time in a 4–1 away loss at Salisbury City.[36] In September 2007, Madjo scored in five consecutive fixtures, including a brace in a 5–3 home win against Woking.[37] He also scored twice within the space of a week in October 2007, scoring in away fixtures against Kidderminster Harriers and Weymouth respectively.[38][39] Madjo had scored 11 goals in 18 games,[40] which prompted speculation regarding a move into the Football League.[41] Madjo said "It is nice to have people say good things about you but at the moment I'm not thinking about other clubs. All I think about is doing my job and doing my best for Crawley".[41] On 21 November 2007, four days after earning a call up to the Cameroon squad, Madjo joined League One side Cheltenham Town on a one-month loan, with a view to a permanent move.[42][43] On Madjo's departure, Crawley Town manager Steve Evans said "As a manager, I'm extremely disappointed. As a club, we always knew this day would come. He's an exceptional talent and a model professional".[43] Madjo made his Cheltenham debut on 25 November 2007, coming on as a 77th minute substitute in Cheltenham's "shock" 1–0 home victory over Leeds United.[44] He started his first game three weeks later, a 1–0 win against Luton Town.[45] During his one month loan spell, Madjo made five appearances for Cheltenham.[46] Despite impressing Cheltenham manager Keith Downing, the club opted against buying the player on a permanent basis as a result of Downing having more funds at his disposal – "Madjo had done nothing but impress all those at Cheltenham, but thanks to the extra money made available to Keith Downing, Cheltenham have set their requirements higher".[47]

In January 2008, Madjo signed for Shrewsbury Town for £20,000.[47][48] Madjo made his debut a day after signing for the club, playing the whole game as Shrewsbury lost 3–1 at rivals Hereford United.[49] He scored his first goal for the club in Shrewsbury's following game, scoring "with a fierce left-foot low drive" to double Shrewsbury's lead in a 2–0 win against Morecambe.[50][51] Madjo scored again the following week, giving ten-man Shrewsbury the lead away at Grimsby Town, in a game that ended 1–1.[52] He went five games without a goal, before scoring in a 4–1 defeat at Barnet.[53] He made 15 appearances for the club during the second half of the 2007–08 season, scoring three goals.[54] In July 2008, Madjo was told that he did not figure in new manager Paul Simpson's immediate plans, being left behind as the club travelled to Spain on a pre-season training camp.[55] After failing to make a single appearance in the first four months of the 2008–09 season, his contract was terminated on 4 December 2008.[56] Following his release from Shrewsbury, Madjo opted to move abroad, signing for Chinese League One side Guangdong Sunray Cave on a free transfer.[57] He made 18 league appearances for the club, scoring ten goals. He finished the 2009 campaign as the club's top goalscorer, and fifth in the overall goalscoring charts.[58] The following season, Madjo signed for Albanian Superliga side KS Bylis Ballsh.[59] He made his debut for the club in a 3–2 defeat to KS Vllaznia Shkodër on 22 August 2010, playing the whole 90 minutes.[60] Madjo scored his first goal for the club on 30 October 2010, netting in the first minute of the match as Bylis beat Besa Kavajë 3–1.[61] He also scored a last minute winner in the club's 3–2 home win against Shkumbini Peqin in November 2010.[62] Madjo was given a straight red card in the club's 2–1 defeat to KS Kastrioti on 24 December 2010.[63] It was to be Madjo's last game for Bylis.[64] He later said that "I felt that Bylis Ballsh did not respect my contract so I sat down with the club and cancelled my contract."[3] He made a total of 15 appearances for the Albanian side, scoring twice.[59]

In June 2011, it was announced that Madjo had joined League One side Stevenage on a free transfer.[4][65] He signed a one-year contract with the club.[58] Stevenage manager Graham Westley had previously tried to sign Madjo ahead of the 2008–09 season, but the player instead opted to seek a move abroad.[58] On signing for Stevenage, Madjo said "I have met the players at Stevenage, I really like the team and the way they looked after me when I arrived. I’m really looking forward to the new season and hope to score lots of goals for my new club".[58] In July 2011, Westley stated that the signing of Madjo had been held up by an "administrative hitch", and that there was a delay in transferring his registration[66] — "There are a couple of issues that need sorting out with his former club, but I'm hopeful that will resolve itself in the coming days".[66] Stevenage announced that they had received international clearance for Madjo on 22 July.[67][68] Madjo was not involved in any of Stevenage's first ten fixtures of the 2011–12 season, although was an unused substitute in a 4–3 defeat to Peterborough United in the League Cup on 9 August 2011.[69] After scoring in a reserve match against Oxford United,[70] Madjo made his first appearance of the season three days later, on 24 September, coming on as a second-half substitute in a 1–0 loss to Carlisle United at Brunton Park.[71]

After making just one substitute appearance for Stevenage, Madjo joined League Two side Port Vale on loan on 24 November 2011.[72] He aimed to "prove himself" at the club, having previously had a trial at Vale Park before he turning professional at Bristol City in 2005.[73] He made his debut for the club a day after signing, playing 80 minutes in a 0–0 home draw against Torquay United;[74] he was praised for his performance despite being 'rusty' and short of match fitness.[5][75] In his second appearance for the club, he scored only his fourth league goal in the Football League, as he "displayed quick feet, an assured touch and deadly instincts in front of goal" to net the winning goal of a 2–1 victory at Dagenham & Redbridge.[76] He dedicated the goal to coach Geoff Horsfield, after the pair spent many hours on the training ground working on Madjo's finishing skills.[77][78] For his performance, Madjo was named on the League Two Team of the Week.[79] He scored a 60 minute hat-trick in his third appearance for the club, a 4–0 home win over Aldershot Town.[80]

Madjo started his English club career at Petersfield Town of the Wessex League. He scored 12 goals in 11 games during the 2004–05 season before attracting the attention of a number of higher league clubs.[4] He had a trial at both Stoke City and Port Vale, and impressed Stoke manager Johan Boskamp and Vale manager Martin Foyle, but left Stoke-on-Trent after only being offered non-contract terms at Port Vale.[5] In August 2005, Madjo went on trial with Bristol City, playing for the reserve side in a 3–0 defeat against Cheltenham Town.[6] He went on to score two goals in three reserve games for the club.[7] Madjo was without a work permit, and subsequently could not sign a contract with Bristol City until a decision was made as to whether his work permit application would be accepted.[7] Having trialled with Bristol City for three weeks without pay, Madjo was offered a trial by Argentine Primera División side Boca Juniors.[7] However, a day before he was due to fly out to Argentina, he was granted a work permit, and subsequently signed for Bristol City on a free transfer.[7] Madjo made his Bristol City debut in the club's first away win of the 2005–06 season, playing 86 minutes in their 3–2 win at Brentford.[8] He played a further five times for Bristol City, scoring once in a 3–2 Football League Trophy defeat at Barnet – scoring just six minutes after coming on as a substitute.[9]

Having made only a handful of appearances under new manager Gary Johnson, Madjo joined Conference National side Forest Green Rovers on loan, with a view to a permanent move, in November 2005.[10] Madjo made his debut for Forest Green a day after signing for the club, coming on as a substitute for Zema Abbey in the club's 2–0 away loss to eventual champions Accrington Stanley.[11] He scored his first goal for the club a week later, scoring the first goal of the game in a 2–1 away loss at Aldershot Town, a game in which Madjo was also sent-off in.[12] The sending off meant that Madjo missed the club's next three games, returning to the first-team a month later, on 26 December 2005, scoring a late equaliser as a substitute in Forest Green's 2–2 home draw with Hereford United.[13] Four days later, he scored twice against Aldershot in a 4–2 home win,[14] before scoring his fifth goal in four games in a 1–1 away draw at Hereford.[15] Following a successful loan spell, scoring five goals in six games, Madjo signed for the club permanently on 13 January 2006, signing a contract until the end of the 2005–06 season.[16] In his first game after signing permanently for the club, Madjo scored twice in a 5–0 victory against Altrincham.[17] He scored a total of 9 goals for Forest Green, playing 24 games for the club.[18]

Forest Green were unable to offer Madjo an extended contract at the end of the season as the player "was out of the country".[19] Shortly before the 2006–07 campaign, on 8 August 2006, Madjo joined newly promoted Conference National side Stafford Rangers.[20] He was the first ever full-time player at Stafford Rangers.[21] Madjo made his debut four days later in a 1–1 draw away at Grays Athletic.[22] He scored the winning goal in the club's following fixture, a 1–0 home win against Altrincham – firing the ball high into the net in the 81st minute after connecting with Dolapo Olaoye's cross.[23] Madjo failed to find the net again until 10 October 2006, scoring in Stafford's 4–1 away win at Gravesend & Northfleet.[24] Four days later, he was on hand to score the only goal of the game in the 8th minute in a 1–0 win victory against Woking, scoring from 18 yards out.[25] A month later, Madjo scored his fourth goal of the 2006–07 campaign in a 3–1 defeat at Halifax Town,[26] before scoring a week later in a 2–2 home draw against St Albans City.[27] Madjo failed to find the scoresheet for two months, before scoring a consolation strike in a 3–1 home loss to Morecambe on 27 January 2007, with the visitors 3–0 up Madjo struck a "superb 20-yard volley" past Morecambe goalkeeper Steven Drench.[28] He went a further nine games without a goal, ending his goal drought in a 4–2 win against Grays Athletic on 24 March 2007.[29] Three days later, he scored a crucial winner in a 1–0 away win at Altrincham, scoring with a header from Nathan Talbott's driven cross.[30] A brace away at Aldershot Town in a 4–2 defeat meant that Madjo had taken his goal tally into double figures, scoring two first-half goals with close range finishes.[31] Madjo scored both goals in Stafford's 2–0 home win against Northwich Victoria on 17 April 2007, the win all but secured Stafford's Conference National status for another season.[32] He scored 12 times for Stafford in 45 appearances.[33]

Madjo joined Crawley Town on 28 June 2007, signing alongside Jon-Paul Pittman and Tyrone Thompson.[34] He scored twice on his debut in Crawley's first game of the 2007–08 season, a 2–1 home win against Stevenage.[35] The following week, Madjo scored again, this time in a 4–1 away loss at Salisbury City.[36] In September 2007, Madjo scored in five consecutive fixtures, including a brace in a 5–3 home win against Woking.[37] He also scored twice within the space of a week in October 2007, scoring in away fixtures against Kidderminster Harriers and Weymouth respectively.[38][39] Madjo had scored 11 goals in 18 games,[40] which prompted speculation regarding a move into the Football League.[41] Madjo said "It is nice to have people say good things about you but at the moment I'm not thinking about other clubs. All I think about is doing my job and doing my best for Crawley".[41] On 21 November 2007, four days after earning a call up to the Cameroon squad, Madjo joined League One side Cheltenham Town on a one-month loan, with a view to a permanent move.[42][43] On Madjo's departure, Crawley Town manager Steve Evans said "As a manager, I'm extremely disappointed. As a club, we always knew this day would come. He's an exceptional talent and a model professional".[43] Madjo made his Cheltenham debut on 25 November 2007, coming on as a 77th minute substitute in Cheltenham's "shock" 1–0 home victory over Leeds United.[44] He started his first game three weeks later, a 1–0 win against Luton Town.[45] During his one month loan spell, Madjo made five appearances for Cheltenham.[46] Despite impressing Cheltenham manager Keith Downing, the club opted against buying the player on a permanent basis as a result of Downing having more funds at his disposal – "Madjo had done nothing but impress all those at Cheltenham, but thanks to the extra money made available to Keith Downing, Cheltenham have set their requirements higher".[47]

In January 2008, Madjo signed for Shrewsbury Town for £20,000.[47][48] Madjo made his debut a day after signing for the club, playing the whole game as Shrewsbury lost 3–1 at rivals Hereford United.[49] He scored his first goal for the club in Shrewsbury's following game, scoring "with a fierce left-foot low drive" to double Shrewsbury's lead in a 2–0 win against Morecambe.[50][51] Madjo scored again the following week, giving ten-man Shrewsbury the lead away at Grimsby Town, in a game that ended 1–1.[52] He went five games without a goal, before scoring in a 4–1 defeat at Barnet.[53] He made 15 appearances for the club during the second half of the 2007–08 season, scoring three goals.[54] In July 2008, Madjo was told that he did not figure in new manager Paul Simpson's immediate plans, being left behind as the club travelled to Spain on a pre-season training camp.[55] After failing to make a single appearance in the first four months of the 2008–09 season, his contract was terminated on 4 December 2008.[56] Following his release from Shrewsbury, Madjo opted to move abroad, signing for Chinese League One side Guangdong Sunray Cave on a free transfer.[57] He made 18 league appearances for the club, scoring ten goals. He finished the 2009 campaign as the club's top goalscorer, and fifth in the overall goalscoring charts.[58] The following season, Madjo signed for Albanian Superliga side KS Bylis Ballsh.[59] He made his debut for the club in a 3–2 defeat to KS Vllaznia Shkodër on 22 August 2010, playing the whole 90 minutes.[60] Madjo scored his first goal for the club on 30 October 2010, netting in the first minute of the match as Bylis beat Besa Kavajë 3–1.[61] He also scored a last minute winner in the club's 3–2 home win against Shkumbini Peqin in November 2010.[62] Madjo was given a straight red card in the club's 2–1 defeat to KS Kastrioti on 24 December 2010.[63] It was to be Madjo's last game for Bylis.[64] He later said that "I felt that Bylis Ballsh did not respect my contract so I sat down with the club and cancelled my contract."[3] He made a total of 15 appearances for the Albanian side, scoring twice.[59]

In June 2011, it was announced that Madjo had joined League One side Stevenage on a free transfer.[4][65] He signed a one-year contract with the club.[58] Stevenage manager Graham Westley had previously tried to sign Madjo ahead of the 2008–09 season, but the player instead opted to seek a move abroad.[58] On signing for Stevenage, Madjo said "I have met the players at Stevenage, I really like the team and the way they looked after me when I arrived. I’m really looking forward to the new season and hope to score lots of goals for my new club".[58] In July 2011, Westley stated that the signing of Madjo had been held up by an "administrative hitch", and that there was a delay in transferring his registration[66] — "There are a couple of issues that need sorting out with his former club, but I'm hopeful that will resolve itself in the coming days".[66] Stevenage announced that they had received international clearance for Madjo on 22 July.[67][68] Madjo was not involved in any of Stevenage's first ten fixtures of the 2011–12 season, although was an unused substitute in a 4–3 defeat to Peterborough United in the League Cup on 9 August 2011.[69] After scoring in a reserve match against Oxford United,[70] Madjo made his first appearance of the season three days later, on 24 September, coming on as a second-half substitute in a 1–0 loss to Carlisle United at Brunton Park.[71]

After making just one substitute appearance for Stevenage, Madjo joined League Two side Port Vale on loan on 24 November 2011.[72] He aimed to "prove himself" at the club, having previously had a trial at Vale Park before he turning professional at Bristol City in 2005.[73] He made his debut for the club a day after signing, playing 80 minutes in a 0–0 home draw against Torquay United;[74] he was praised for his performance despite being 'rusty' and short of match fitness.[5][75] In his second appearance for the club, he scored only his fourth league goal in the Football League, as he "displayed quick feet, an assured touch and deadly instincts in front of goal" to net the winning goal of a 2–1 victory at Dagenham & Redbridge.[76] He dedicated the goal to coach Geoff Horsfield, after the pair spent many hours on the training ground working on Madjo's finishing skills.[77][78] For his performance, Madjo was named on the League Two Team of the Week.[79] He scored a 60 minute hat-trick in his third appearance for the club, a 4–0 home win over Aldershot Town.[80]

Dam good write up that mate :laugh: would take me a month to write that ..:D

We don't need popey now, good sub tho :)

you for real, popey set up 3 goals yesterday, and believe or not him and mr magika are reading each others game and making a good partnership.:razz:

Popey has played very well for us in recent games.

you for real, popey set up 3 goals yesterday, and believe or not him and mr magika are reading each others game and making a good partnership.:razz:

Popey has played very well for us in recent games.

Still can't find the net tho, open or closed, Richards (when fully fit) & guy.. Could make a very very nice combination to bring back the goals

Still can't find the net tho, open or closed, Richards (when fully fit) & guy.. Could make a very very nice combination to bring back the goals

we have scored 4 yesterday with no marc richards, take his penalties aways from the last few years , he only averages maybe 10 open play goals a season.;)

Archived