onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well done Madjo

SuperValiant1876

Advert

we have scored 4 yesterday with no marc richards, take his penalties aways from the last few years , he only averages maybe 10 open play goals a season.;)

He's a PROVEN 20 goal a season striker.

There will be another 'let's sell Rico' thread soon.

I really do think some Vale fans want us to fail and be in this division for ever! :(

He's a PROVEN 20 goal a season striker.

There will be another 'let's sell Rico' thread soon.

I really do think some Vale fans want us to fail and be in this division for ever! :(

did i say sell him, no i was only making the point that our current strike duo are working well together and tbh if its not broken then dont fix it. I also pointed out that just because popey didnt score he worked hard for the team and set up 3 goals .

its also nice to have a bit of strenght and depth on the bench in the strike department. If things need to be changed, but at the moment why change a winning combination. jeez some ppl:D

Well done Guy on a superb hat-trick. Very glad he has proved those wrong who said he was awful or lacked quality when we signed him .

Let's see more of the same next week Guy.

Perhaps we can get Stevenage to swap him and Myrie-Williams for Marc Richards.

did i say sell him, no i was only making the point that our current strike duo are working well together and tbh if its not broken then dont fix it. I also pointed out that just because popey didnt score he worked hard for the team and set up 3 goals .

its also nice to have a bit of strenght and depth on the bench in the strike department. If things need to be changed, but at the moment why change a winning combination. jeez some ppl:D

Don't disagree that competition for places is a great thing.

What I do disagree with is you attempting to knock and belittle Richards record when it's a million miles better than Madjo and Pope.

i was not knocking his record just pointing out that alot of his goals are penalties rather than open play. I was only defending a player who has been working hard for the team and just because he does not score that often does not mean he should not be in the team.

but surely u must agree half of richards goals are penalties:rolleyes: or nearly half

No I would suggest around a quarter.

Besides which penalty taking is a skill that is generally given to the most relaible and technical players.

Hence the reason people like Richards, Loft and Roberts take them and others who aren't goalscorers / technical don't.

Archived