onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio biased Sjoke

valiant boy

I think the fact that Stoke lost a must win game meant their fans were angry and more inclined to ring in. I know we came back from a 2-0 deficit but its not the same as winning. Also Vale park is easier to get away from whilst if you are stuck on the Incinerator carpark and going nowhere you have time to call in. Tend to send texts in to Radio Stoke which more often than not they read out(Steve the Vale fan from Clayton). Ring in infrequently but more than happy to put me on. There was one instance when i rang in and they couldn't get me on but wanted to ring me back the next night but I was going to a Wedding. Still wanted to ring me at the Wedding. Think the fact that sadly they have many more fans cannot be discounted.

Advert

They don't just throw the first person who rings up on the air, they have a list of regulars who they know can string two words together and proactively ring them first. So I'd be very surprised if they couldn't find a single Vale fan amongst their usual suspects unless absolutely all of those were unavailable.

That said, Saturday's game was eminently forgettable and I had a much nicer journey home enjoying the schadenfreude surrounding our neighbours' defeat than I would have had dwelling on the performances of players such as Danny Pugh.

Nigel Johnson's inane line of questioning towards Badou N'Diaye was remarked upon in the car, as was Mike Pejic's inability to grasp what constitutes a red card offence in modern football. Still, Martin Atkinson so boo.

Our gate yesterday was very low for a Saturday game due to the bad weather, the dross from the previous four home performances and possibly a few fans who watch both Vale and Sjoke prefering their Premiership fix. But why did Radio Sjoke keep making a point that the crowd at the Bet365 was the largest ever. Anyway, anybody know the reason why they had their largest crowd ever yesterday?

they gave a lot of tickets away to schools so the children would bring there dads

Our gate yesterday was very low for a Saturday game due to the bad weather, the dross from the previous four home performances and possibly a few fans who watch both Vale and Sjoke prefering their Premiership fix. But why did Radio Sjoke keep making a point that the crowd at the Bet365 was the largest ever. Anyway, anybody know the reason why they had their largest crowd ever yesterday?

Stoke, like a lot of other clubs, don't announce the attendance, they announce the number of tickets sold/given away. When you looked at the game on MOTD there were clearly empty seats in all areas of the ground where fans had thought better of it no doubt as a result of the weather. Loads of clubs do this - at the recent Arsenal v Man City game the attendance was announced as 58,420 when the ground was about half full.

Vale actually announce the real attendance. Season ticket holders and other ticket holders who don't attend are not included in the official attendance.

Guest TommyMac
Sorry, I thought we wer discussing his abilities as a football manager rather than a nuclear scientist.

Damn, I thought we were discussing his education. Well that's put me in my place.

Radio Joke has never been any different. I well recall the days of Ivan Gaskell who would openly mock Vale when we were in the same division as Lard City.

I'm sure that they would like nothing better than us going out of the league so they can focus fully on Lard City's push for Championship survival and Crewe's fight against relegation to the NW Counties.

Ivan Gaskell of course went on to much greater things at the BBC? :doh: :laugh:

Archived