onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

You really do just make stuff up don't you?:laugh:

Well I’d argue that saying that bexit was going to be a success is a bigger lie than an obviously tongue in cheek comment. You’re struggling if that one comment is the only thing you challenge. But feel free to tell he lies I’ve been saying.

Advert

It's not uncommon for MP's and the people who voted for them to have different opinions and for MP's to change Parliament for the better of the country without consulting the people, that's why they were elected...to run the country in the best interests of the people.

So why shouldn't they overturn Brexit, Brexit is not in the best interests of the country.

The people who voted Leave didn't really know what they were voting for or the complex repercussions, and even worse the leave vote was mainly based on immigration and nothing to do with the EU, no one thought about the consequences on the economy etc. Talking about foot and shooting.

Referendum's are democracy by baying mob/group rule and this referendum has put the country into a right pickle.

What's the point in voting then?

It's not uncommon for MP's and the people who voted for them to have different opinions and for MP's to change Parliament for the better of the country without consulting the people, that's why they were elected...to run the country in the best interests of the people.

So why shouldn't they overturn Brexit, Brexit is not in the best interests of the country.

The people who voted Leave didn't really know what they were voting for or the complex repercussions, and even worse the leave vote was mainly based on immigration and nothing to do with the EU, no one thought about the consequences on the economy etc. Talking about foot and shooting.

Referendum's are democracy by baying mob/group rule and this referendum has put the country into a right pickle.

Incredible how leave voters are accused of not knowing what we voted for yet it is remain voters who consistently show that they have no idea of why we voted 2.5 years on.

You are suggesting that MPs overturn a decision made during a referendum which we knew would be carried out should it win. That is not the same as not consulting us on minor daily decisions.

Can you even comprehend the constitutional mess we would be in if Parliament deliberately overturned the will of the people?

That is far greater than any short term adverse effect on the economy or a tricky Irish border problem.

You are actually advocating a tyrannical government as a better option than a public referendum decision.

And it's me that didn't really know what I was doing...

Well I’d argue that saying that bexit was going to be a success is a bigger lie than an obviously tongue in cheek comment. You’re struggling if that one comment is the only thing you challenge. But feel free to tell he lies I’ve been saying.

Well I'll stick with the one I quoted for now. You were inventing facts out of thin air.

And I can challenge almost anything you say. You have very little substance to any of your "arguments" and instead you are clinging on to this weird tactic of claiming that brexit could never have worked. That is clearly not true again.

Well I'll stick with the one I quoted for now. You were inventing facts out of thin air.

And I can challenge almost anything you say. You have very little substance to any of your "arguments" and instead you are clinging on to this weird tactic of claiming that brexit could never have worked. That is clearly not true again.

Lol scraping the barrel. I made an obvious joke and so you’ve desperately grasped to that despite me saying it was tongue in cheek. Like I said, please let me know which other things I’ve lied about and I’ll happily either back it up or admit I was wrong. But if the best you’ve got here is this then you’re struggling.

My argument has been proven completely correct. I said at the start of this that the choice would end up a bad deal or no deal. That’s where we are. I said that leavers would be scrambling for excuses and blaming everyone but the people who gave us this mess. Again, I’ve been proven correct.

Lol scraping the barrel. I made an obvious joke and so you’ve desperately grasped to that despite me saying it was tongue in cheek. Like I said, please let me know which other things I’ve lied about and I’ll happily either back it up or admit I was wrong. But if the best you’ve got here is this then you’re struggling.

My argument has been proven completely correct. I said at the start of this that the choice would end up a bad deal or no deal. That’s where we are. I said that leavers would be scrambling for excuses and blaming everyone but the people who gave us this mess. Again, I’ve been proven correct.

Haha ok, I didn't realise tongue in cheek was a complete defence to making things up.

Your defence to me calling you out for making things up is to double down on your fabricated and immeasurable claim that benefit could never have worked.

Furthermore, brexit voters have been clear all along what we wanted. We have quite clearly been lied to by May and if our democratic decision is not carried out then the fault lies in one place. It's not the electorate. It's the people who failed go deliver what we voted for.

IMO a second vote is going to be inevitably as close as the original referendum. I've been struck by the way in which virtually no politician, nor the vast majority of the public seems to have changed their view from the way they originally voted.

Entrenched views if anything appear to have hardened--I've lost count of the number of politicians interviewed on TV who blithely talk about the need for compromises and then immediately revert to their own default position with no compromise when challenged by interviewers to move an inch or two in a different direction!

Despite voting remain originally, I can only see one way forward and that is to accept the deal on offer as imperfect as it is. Any sensible-thinking person surely knew that the EU were never ever going to give us all the wish-list that was touted (and still is being touted by some) and any terms of leaving were always going to be less attractive than the ones we've had for more than 40 years!

When you're digging a hole for yourself....stop digging has never more apt than in this situation......just need someone with the courage to stand up and lead rather than bicker.

IMHO May has taken the wrong strategy, a Canada+ deal or even a Norway+ deal with less contribution to the EU with the Irish border being left as it is should have been the way forward. Can't see May's deal having a chance on Tuesday.

IMO a second vote is going to be inevitably as close as the original referendum. I've been struck by the way in which virtually no politician, nor the vast majority of the public seems to have changed their view from the way they originally voted.

Entrenched views if anything appear to have hardened--I've lost count of the number of politicians interviewed on TV who blithely talk about the need for compromises and then immediately revert to their own default position with no compromise when challenged by interviewers to move an inch or two in a different direction!

Despite voting remain originally, I can only see one way forward and that is to accept the deal on offer as imperfect as it is. Any sensible-thinking person surely knew that the EU were never ever going to give us all the wish-list that was touted (and still is being touted by some) and any terms of leaving were always going to be less attractive than the ones we've had for more than 40 years!

Bound to be close, only a small % of people will change their minds. Since the previous referendum 1.2 million people have died, and 1.4 million more teenagers are now eligible to vote, so possibly that could be the deciding factor.

Haha ok, I didn't realise tongue in cheek was a complete defence to making things up.

Your defence to me calling you out for making things up is to double down on your fabricated and immeasurable claim that benefit could never have worked.

Furthermore, brexit voters have been clear all along what we wanted. We have quite clearly been lied to by May and if our democratic decision is not carried out then the fault lies in one place. It's not the electorate. It's the people who failed go deliver what we voted for.

If it makes you feel better to believe I thought half of the voters expected to leave literally the next day then so be it. My point was that leave voters wanted to process to be conclude quicker not longer, in response to warrens post. But it seems you’re struggling to make any other point here, so you’re excited to grasp hold of this.

And claiming brexit was never going to work was more measurable and less fabricated than your stance that it would, because my belief is backed up by actual events, where as yours is based on nothing but speculation based on fantasy.

You voted for brexit, not on the type of deal. Ive heard numerous ideas of what was expected, from having all the benefits for none of the costs, to getting rid of all the Muslims. Just because you have a fantasy bexit in your head doesn’t mean it should have happened. Why didn’t David Davis negotiate this perfect deal in the two years he had?

When you're digging a hole for yourself....stop digging has never more apt than in this situation......just need someone with the courage to stand up and lead rather than bicker.

IMHO May has taken the wrong strategy, a Canada+ deal or even a Norway+ deal with less contribution to the EU with the Irish border being left as it is should have been the way forward. Can't see May's deal having a chance on Tuesday.

If people’s didnt want to be in the EU, why would they want a Norrway deal?

Archived