onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Disgrace to the City.

JohnJames

Advert

Yet another bottom feeder. Makes you despair.

I was born and raised in Tunstall and I've watched it decline over the years which I find depressing, it's now the domain of a disproportionate percentage of rough munters and cretins and I wonder how, if ever, it could be turned around. As a society we have to question how we manage to produce so many anti-social selfish parasites? (I have my own theories but that would involve a massive political and sociological debate!)

Yet another bottom feeder. Makes you despair.

I was born and raised in Tunstall and I've watched it decline over the years which I find depressing, it's now the domain of a disproportionate percentage of rough munters and cretins and I wonder how, if ever, it could be turned around. As a society we have to question how we manage to produce so many anti-social selfish parasites? (I have my own theories but that would involve a massive political and sociological debate!)

There have always been arseholes. And stoke-on-Trent isn’t unique in this. The article quotes a similar incident in Birmingham.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There have always been arseholes. And stoke-on-Trent isn’t unique in this. The article quotes a similar incident in Birmingham.

It's quite noticeable how much less anti-social behaviour and pride in appearance one sees in other countries. I'm talking low-level stuff like litter-dropping, swearing and smoking weed/drinking alcohol in public for the former.

With the latter I see far fewer scruffy people in chav gear/tracksuits. I appreciate this point may be contentious but that type of clothing looks terrible!

It's quite noticeable how much less anti-social behaviour and pride in appearance one sees in other countries. I'm talking low-level stuff like litter-dropping, swearing and smoking weed/drinking alcohol in public for the former.

With the latter I see far fewer scruffy people in chav gear/tracksuits. I appreciate this point may be contentious but that type of clothing looks terrible!

To be fair, most of the bigger cities I've been to in Europe have beggars in the streets and litter. Also, we were nearly robbed in Rome and also in Granada. There are areas of our country that are dodgy but we are not alone in that.

Is it? Everywhere has ‘rougher’ places. The difference is you probably haven’t stayed or been on holiday in those places. And the ‘chav’ thing won’t be found in other countries as that is a cultural thing, but you’ll find the equivalent. For example, we don’t have ‘red necks’ in this country. And I’m sure when you were a teenager, the fashions you liked were deemed terrible by your grandparents. My jeans used to have more holes in them than denim.

Archived