onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Promotion from Non-League to Football League

darren1810

Advert

I wouldn't wish to go back to the old days of re-election but would change the current system, cause a team with a strong football history and following like a Tranmere, Stockport etc can have one bad season and then it's a nightmare for their fans and the town/city.

Rather than have automatic two up two down I would have a play-off system between all four teams or automatic one up one down and home and away aggregate for the last spot in the FL.

I wouldn't wish to go back to the old days of re-election but would change the current system, cause a team with a strong football history and following like a Tranmere, Stockport etc can have one bad season and then it's a nightmare for their fans and the town/city.

Rather than have automatic two up two down I would have a play-off system between all four teams or automatic one up one down and home and away aggregate for the last spot in the FL.

I see your point, but you could apply the same logic to the Prem, or the Championship. Perhaps 2 up 2 down, with the 22nd club in a PO system with 3-5 in the div below? Is this system still used in Scotland?

Football should have promotion, relegation throughout the leagues as no one club is above the game but should live with in their means to avoid a sharp rise when having a wealthy owner who then departs meaning they drop like a stone-

Personally understand some games are soulless so would change the league formation in prem then championship then first div then split 2nd div and conference into a north and south meaning the chance of more local games - 1 down from each of the north n south leagues with 3 promoted from each into the first -yes a big turn around of clubs in the first div but will keep it fresh.

ps wasn't around when there was originally a north n south league so not sure what people thought about it when it was around

• 2 weeks later...
How the hell can we call other clubs tin pot.

Non League clubs are better run than us.

The facilities especially in the Paddock are tin pot. This day and age, if you want a drink at half time and its pis sing down,we shouldn't be getting wet because theirs no bloody roof on by the kiosks.

We've been waiting years to get the Lorne Street finished.

Some of the seats at the Vale are truly disgusting, covered in bird sh it.

Most football clubs would call us tin pot.

Alot of Vale fans think the paddock is wonderful and can't see it is some of the worst facilities in the entire football league. as for teams like Forest Green they have had a large cash injection.

In the case of Port Vale, we have been poorly run by successive owners, Bill Bell was only lucky to have had John Rudge. Now we have a problem with a bad reputation and a threadbare wage packet. The only sight is non-league atm. Do the fans deserve it ? Probably not, however The smurf has made this club a laughing stock. Its reputation after what happened with the Page and his players, then Bruno and now this means we have a tarnished reputation until someone new comes in to buy the club and gives it a new image.

On the front of do a club that only takes 18 fans away, but is run so much better than PVFC it is performing better than Port Vale,should be promoted over port Vale then yes. The national League is already the fifth tier and is League 3 in all but name. As stated before its a pyramid system and that is that.

Whenever non-league football is mentioned on here it sends a shiver down my spine but here's my take on it.

You've got to admire clubs like Morecambe,Crawley and Accrington in our league who are all averaging crowds below 2,000 but are still competitive.Ok,their away followings aren't brilliant,so what, it's all about what's on the pitch.Go to the next league up and we have Bury, Rochdale and Fleetwood who are averaging less than 4,000.Bury aren't in a very good position but the other two can beat anybody on their day.

If we look in the Championship Burton are the. perfect example of a club who have over-achieved,they are the only club with an average attendance which isn't into double figures.Good luck to them I say.

At the end of the day It's all about recruitment.

Archived