onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lloyd - laughable comments

Alan Baker

Grebo, I think the timing of all of this is part of the reason many of us on the Dark Side (where The Force is still strong) are more than a little suspicious.

We've had investor after investor turned away to the point where the shareholders had little choice but to call an EGM. I think this shocked the hell out of the club.

Then, with incredible timing just a week before the EGM, the Vale board find investment from the USA which apparently would secure the club financially for years to come.

Following the EGM result, with calls for the surviving Vale board members to resign, with reduced income from season tickets and pay at the gate, the Vale board somehow manages to secure another deal with a different US company, which is basically the same arrangement as before only five times larger. Oddly, the period of time to conclude this deal was nowhere near the six months it took for the Ameriturf deal.

Then after some period of quiet, an announcement is made that the previous deal with Ameriturf was not right for the club. Yet unbelievably, the Jackson Five board, having worked night and day for six months on this deal and seemingly having not done proper due diligence on the investors, could not see any problem with it. Concerned supporters, who were trying to find out more detailed information about the deal and the company involved were accused of "disgracing the shirt".

Mark Sims, voted onto the board, is frustrated in his efforts to do full due diligence. Why?

Now we have a potential lawsuit hanging over the club unless Vale pay money to Ameriturf for last summer's pre-season tour.

People who seem to have been involved in brokering the first deal also appear to have been involved in brokering the second. The questions on my mind are simple ones. Why? What is in it for them? Why Port Vale? Hardly Champions League material.

Now we have Yeovil Town fans and When Saturday Comes questioning the real motivations behind the Blue Sky deal. Why? Shouldn't both clubs be happy that they're (apparently) about to receive millions of pounds from a rich benefactor based half way across the world, no questions asked? Strangely, there are still supporters from both clubs who are not so keen on what appear to be excellent deals for both clubs. Why?

All this seems to hinge on Hank Julicher and his Blue Sky company, who Perry Deakin said has been in business for 36 years longer than it has, making money from artificial turf installations in the UK. What if they don't? Why doesn't a company like Tarkett Fieldturf, a worldwide player in this business, get into this apparently lucrative venture?

Too many questions, usually beginning with Why? Not enough answers. Answers that have been forthcoming are usually vaguely worded, open for interpretation, or just plain inaccurate. Why?

Vanta, I have said my 'Valiant Sword' will be shielded, that I am prepared to wait 12 months to see whether or not PD & Co complete their scorecard. However, having read your salient and succinct resumé my hand has returned to its 'Grip'.

Advert

And so it begins. I must admit it was a great piece of writing but that's all it is,it is what most of you think and that is your opinion,your all getting fired up again for a battle but for what? Most of you said you will give it 12 months but that seems to gone out of the window for some. As for my last post,it was a joke but you don't seem to grasp that.i know some are trying to drive me away but it ain't going to happen.

And so it begins. I must admit it was a great piece of writing but that's all it is,it is what most of you think and that is your opinion,your all getting fired up again for a battle but for what? Most of you said you will give it 12 months but that seems to gone out of the window for some. As for my last post,it was a joke but you don't seem to grasp that.i know some are trying to drive me away but it ain't going to happen.

Personally Grebo Im not getting fired up, I dont believe at this point the deal is a good one and the more I hear the more I doubt. It would be good if someone from either side came forward with concrete proof but thats not likely to happen so gut instinct is all I have as a yard stick.

Some of the strongest arguments for the content of the proposal were voiced by SV... ie what the deal could do if its genuine... but little has been said to show the deal is genuine, just innuendo and suggestion... I suppose it comes down to trust at the end of the day... do I trust the people who are suggesting the deal is good..

P "we have a gentleman's agreement" D... and... M "Im being misquoted" L.... quite frankly I dont, and that, I think, is the source of the doubt.

The thing that makes me doubt the content is the lack of interest in the core product.

Fired up?... not I.... I just ask questions

Are you happy with the football?

Do you think it is likely to improve or get worse?

Do you think gates are going to increase or decrease

Can we survive on that basis?

Will any of the £8M go into the team?

Who is gearing up for battle? People are rightfully voicing concerns about our club. Having said that there may be a need for a battle in a few months time to save our club, which side will you be on then? Finally no one is trying to drive you away, they just disagree with you, just as you disagree with them.

Are you happy with the football?

Do you think it is likely to improve or get worse?

Do you think gates are going to increase or decrease

Can we survive on that basis?

Will any of the £8M go into the team?

You should have added:

Will any of the £8m go into the club

ok

Lets start on the very basics, they have under 11 months, any planning application at all gone in yet for CW ?

I heard a long interview with Hank a couple of weeks ago on the radio.He said he was glad to be associated with such a great club, spoke about 10 years of tours to America, and mentioned artificial training pitches. He said he was introduced to the club by Peter Miller. Only problem was it was on radio BRISTOL and the club he was referring to was YEOVIL. He never mentioned Vale.

This concerns me and the silence from VP is very eerie!:unsure:

Is it being suggested that BS have ****ed off completely?

And taken our £8M with them.

Ah well lets get behind the boys.

Careful Nick - TragicFlask and Stone Valiant will be after you...

If only everyone would get behind the lads - we'd get promotion then.

It's been suggested but I have no idea how true it is, I just feel something is amiss.:unsure:

Talking about former England cricketers. I think this is too Close to home. They have got us by the Willey and we need a Boycott. Oh for a Trueman . They can get Knotted. We need a Lever to get them out.

I'll leave Fred Titmus to Half Man Half Biscuit.

Talking about former England cricketers. I think this is too Close to home. They have got us by the Willey and we need a Boycott. Oh for a Trueman . They can get Knotted. We need a Lever to get them out.

I'll leave Fred Titmus to Half Man Half Biscuit.

We're on a sticky wicket, let's hope someone will bail us out before it's over!

Archived