onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Coventry and Luton

WalterJ

Let’s not be scared by these teams all teams are beatable in this league. Think Luton have failed to win in 9 of their league games and Coventry failed in 12 of theirs so neither are Barcelona. Current work rate and performance level can beat most teams in this league but we need to be on it. Nearly 1200 miles of travel and I lost one game on penalties and that with 9 men! As said need a box to box midfielder and a proper wide man, perhaps another defender and we can really rise up that table. Merry Xmas to all Vale fans and Vale staff, let’s all support the boys in 2018 no matter what our opinions!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Let’s not be scared by these teams all teams are beatable in this league. Think Luton have failed to win in 9 of their league games and Coventry failed in 12 of theirs so neither are Barcelona. Current work rate and performance level can beat most teams in this league but we need to be on it. Nearly 1200 miles of travel and I lost one game on penalties and that with 9 men! As said need a box to box midfielder and a proper wide man, perhaps another defender and we can really rise up that table. Merry Xmas to all Vale fans and Vale staff, let’s all support the boys in 2018 no matter what our opinions!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Don't see why we need to fear Coventry but Vale fans must turn out for this one to combat their large vocal support.I anticipate an end to end game with Vale edging it.

How many point does everyone think Vale will get from these 2 home games with Coventry and Luton? Im going for three (one win, one defeat)

6 pts - Play offs beckon

5 pts - The points system must have changed as it isn't possible !

4 pts - We're heading for the top half, certain safety

2 or 3 pts - Steady progress maintained, good stuff

1 pt - Better than nothing, but home form still a worry

0 pts - Opps, still not in the same class as the top teams in L2.

We can beat everyone and if we play like we believe we can we will .

UTV a very merry xmas to all local supporting fans especially the Vale fans whos support is second to none

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I’ve tended to think the raw materials of this squad were good enough even throughout our sojourn in the bottom two or three. Aspin identified too many players, numerically, as an issue when he arrived and he’s got a core of 12-15 doing the business. I don’t think there’s any desperation to bring in players in January. He’ll probably bring one or two in but not at any price. Close season will be more interesting: more for outgoings than new recruits. Going back up this time is a step too far to overinvest in now, so it’s about settling the core of the side with a good half season together under their belt as that core will substantially be what sees us pushing on next season.

Cov, Notts County and Luton will be interesting markers of how the core have progressed so far but whatever the results from these games the investment needs to be in a settled side.

Cov, Notts County and Luton will be interesting markers of how the core have progressed so far but whatever the results from these games the investment needs to be in a settled side.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how many of a possible nine points we can get from these three games. We've already got more points than I thought we'd get before the end of the year. I'm looking forward to all three games. Hope we can keep getting goals from other players as well as the Pope.

Over the last 12 league games since Aspo took over, only Luton, Colchester and Lincoln are above us. Our home game though definitely needs improving - if you compare our record over the last six home games under Aspo with Coventry's away record over the same period, it's very close. So work to be done.

Yesterday we dominated play in the second half, which almost gave us all three points. If we play like that, or even better, we stand a great chance over the next three games. Knowing Aspo, we can be sure he will relish it and have the players properly prepared.

These days, we can look forward to these games knowing we'll be really competitive, even if we don't win - a refreshing change.

Injuries to one or two key players could sink us. For the reason that I don't see the current reserves stepping up to the plate (and because I think Aspo agrees or he'd have been picking them) I think he'll go for strengthening the spine of the side with a forward to complement Popey, an attacking midfielder and possibly a goalkeeper.

Archived