onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We have a new Chairman

Jacko51

Is this the Peter Miller friends of Jack Warner the same Peter Miller who headed up the Football Company of Trinidad and Tobago (FCOTT) the commercial wing of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF)...didn't the FCOTT go bankrupt?

Is this the Peter Miller who was interested in Peterborough FC (big town centre re-development) and Luton FC (development land) and

who sacked the Luton manager and assistant manager...always has

Terry Fenwick lined up for the managers job.

Is this the Peter Miller who was sacked by Northampton and when asked in court by the judge as to why money was to go to an overseas company that Miller was neither a Director or employee

of...Miller replied "Don't Know".

So 500k from Newton wasn't enough and 1.2 million from Chaudry wasn't enough but 250k from Miller buys the Chairman job....between them Miller and Deakin have got control of the club very much on the on the cheap.....just who is the money behind these two.

Over to you SV.

BTW w hat was Miller's rely as you mentioned?

Advert

I can't get over how people are so eadger to spin figures to find something wrong with this deal. No-one has any evidence or any clue about the details of the deal and yet everyone is lookning to find something wrong.

Thats where the problem lies for me. If this deal is so ****ing wonderful , why dont we know more about it? Why so many ambiguous statements. I have supported and loved this club since 1958 but I am feeling absolutely no desire to come back and watch them at present.:(

One other thing id like to ask Stone Valiant, we have had the same set of players for 3yrs bar the odd addition, in that time these said players have achieved very little of note.

Yet the "new board" are intent on:

Putting in yet more seats that will be empty, just because you put an extra 2000 seats in doesnt mean we get 2000 extra fans.

I do agree with the completion of the RW suite.

The "new board" seem to think we the paying customer want investment in fancy flash 'arry training facilities...

So my question is, are you really happy with the fact that we will have the best facilities in league 2 yet on field the part we actually pay to see will seemingly remain under funded (bar the odd loan) and therefore desperately struggling to compete whilst lesser teams such as Crawley, Morecambe, Southend et al all either beat us with ease or sit above us.

Personally i couldnt give a crap about fancy facilities until we are back re established in league 1, id rather see significant investment in the first team squad, this is one of the reasons i remain anti board & will remain so until i see the manager given significant funds.

One other thing id like to ask Stone Valiant, we have had the same set of players for 3yrs bar the odd addition, in that time these said players have achieved very little of note.

Yet the "new board" are intent on:

Putting in yet more seats that will be empty, just because you put an extra 2000 seats in doesnt mean we get 2000 extra fans.

I do agree with the completion of the RW suite.

The "new board" seem to think we the paying customer want investment in fancy flash 'arry training facilities...

So my question is, are you really happy with the fact that we will have the best facilities in league 2 yet on field the part we actually pay to see will seemingly remain under funded (bar the odd loan) and therefore desperately struggling to compete whilst lesser teams such as Crawley, Morecambe, Southend et al all either beat us with ease or sit above us.

Personally i couldnt give a crap about fancy facilities until we are back re established in league 1, id rather see significant investment in the first team squad, this is one of the reasons i remain anti board & will remain so until i see the manager given significant funds.

i agree with all of your post - but do you really need significant funds to get out of this division? Did Bury/Chesterfield?

Surely it is just a blend of youth and experience..and skill and luck.

i agree with all of your post - but do you really need significant funds to get out of this division? Did Bury/Chesterfield?

Ordinarily id say no you dont (and have said this in previous posts last season & before) however i believe that the division this season has improved greatly & i believe that our squad is not currently good enough to make the playoffs.

I believe we need at least 3 pacey players one of which has to be a right winger & as ive said all summer & season we need a keeper.

So i do based on what ive seen so far believe we need monetry investment in the squad.

Chesterfield had a playing budget of £2 million last season, almost double ours.

Stone Valiant will be eating humble-pie in the near future - I'm certain of it. This whole deal is a disaster waiting to happen, with too many grey areas and not enough facts.

Quite possible. But lets see how it goes for now..we are all waiting to see some action, and then judge on it.

Surely they know how sceptical we all are by now - so it would be well advised not to mess us around with empty promises.

Im giving them the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

Quite possible. But lets see how it goes for now..we are all waiting to see some action, and then judge on it.

Surely they know how sceptical we all are by now - so it would be well advised not to mess us around with empty promises.

Im giving them the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

I'm happy to bite my lip for the time being and see what unfolds, but lack of any serious activity in the January transfer window and further failure to disclose any notable details of the 'deals' will rightly arouse fans anger.

Archived