onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We have a new Chairman

Jacko51

Advert

I would class investment as funds that go into a business to help cash-flow or purchase new assets. This "8m" does neither, in fact it's not 8m it's 400k.

I have doubts about the £400k...

This is a share purchase of a business for £250k by a man with some money behind him from a relatively small business looking to grow.

Essentially, the position is the same as before - just the faces have changed. We have no money, plenty of debt and aspirations. That's about it.

We are where we are, which is where we were and where we will be.

I think you have got it wrong...and I think that your dismissal of the feelings about the Mo/Mark bid is not helping either. People are upset and fearful and hectoring them does not help unity. You drag up the past as much as anyone, beating other posters with it...not good.

There is no meeting halfway here - SV will not accept any hint of criticism of this and nor will you. Even on the football side, anything less than total loyalty is dismissed as negativity and the like. It is tedious.

People are sceptical about BSI as there is little or no information, no sense of how we will move forward...it is more of the same as before, you cannot deny that. They announced £8m...so where is it? Why is it so secret and shrouded in fog? Yeovil fans are asking questions - are they wrong too?

I concur, too many people seem to think we have achieved change. Nothings changed, if anything it's got worse as now they can't be moved , some dodgy guys at our club now.

What does it say in post 85 about his(Millers)replies?

Had a thought and looked beyond a few posts on the Luton website by those who were looking for a scapegoat for their problems! Did you ever read Miller's reply to these accusations or just listen to one side of the story and make a judgement?

Some people will read and believe what they want to believe, me, I look for the facts and both sides of the story, not hearsay and gossip from those who have an agenda!

Melv ,picking at bones comes to mind,there again your not the only one,

Infact I would go as far as to say,this carcass of a thread as been eaten to the bone and carnt see any more meat to chew on. :) Me thinks we will have to wait till Hank wants to be a director sponsored by his misses,now that will be an interesting debate again. :)

I would class investment as funds that go into a business to help cash-flow or purchase new assets. This "8m" does neither, in fact it's not 8m it's 400k.

Agreed, especially when it comes to the training pitches. The way that looks is similar to a landlord giving you £30 for a night out, as long as you only go to his pub.

Infact I would go as far as to say,this carcass of a thread as been eaten to the bone and carnt see any more meat to chew on. :) Me thinks we will have to wait till Hank wants to be a director sponsored by his misses,now that will be an interesting debate again. :)

Do you have any break down of the 5m investment in the next 11 months ?

Have you see any plans at all submitted to SoT Council for CW

I have seen neither of the above, this is making me doubt whether the deal "sold" to us is actually real.

It may well be, I hope it is

I would like to make my position clear to all those that choose to see questioning as negativity.

I dont know if the BS deal is a good one or a bad one, neither does anyone else and thats part of the problem. With no information the only thing people can use as a yardstick is instinct. My instinct leads me to believe this deal is "a mere puff" [Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company [1893]]

I am not and do not compare this deal with previous deals... I try to judge the BS deal as a stand alone on its merits, or at least on the merits we are told it has.

I dont mind people having different views or perspectives to mine.

I dont have to prove my thoughts, instincts or misgivings to anyone.

It is my belief, at this point, that the training pitches, plastic grass, USA tours, dimensions [if applicable] and stand completion are of little or no benefit to PVFC. They may however be of some benefit to interested parties. The RW suite is debatable.

I dont believe the supporters or small shareholders can influence the board or board decisions in its present format. With that in mind if it does go pear shaped after 12 months it doesnt matter, because it cant be changed and the damage will have been done.

I seriously doubt the deal can be scuppered by messages on here or other sites or by questions from fans, in the same way that no matter how many questions are raised it will not prevent the next twelve months from happening, good or bad, so suggestions that raising questions are not giving "them" a chance are simply ludicrous.

Personally I dont think the football is a crucial element in the deal but only time will tell... lots of noise has been made about finishing the stand, fitting seats never to be used so it looks pretty on the telly that never comes to VP and training pitches for the extra players we cant afford... unless we are offering a training pitch to each player... and for community projects.. of course the RW suite could be an incentive for opposition teams to bring businesses to watch their team play Vale... who knows?

If the assets [ground] are downgraded to 3M then after completion of stand/RW/training etc its upgraded to 8M... does that mean 5M has gone into the books?

Do you have any break down of the 5m investment in the next 11 months ?

Have you see any plans at all submitted to SoT Council for CW

I have seen neither of the above, this is making me doubt whether the deal "sold" to us is actually real.

It may well be, I hope it is

There appears to be some sort of fantasy world surrounding VP where those in it only see (or hear or read) what they want to see and blot everything else out.

Some sort of detail about the £5m is not too much to ask is it? Is hardly petty cash.

If the assets [ground] are downgraded to 3M then after completion of stand/RW/training etc its upgraded to 8M... does that mean 5M has gone into the books?

Technically yes

It worries me when Deakin was asked if the 5m was BSI money or grants he said does it matter.

Genuine question to anyone

Has there been any planning put in at all for CW

I would like to make my position clear to all those that choose to see questioning as negativity.

I dont know if the BS deal is a good one or a bad one, neither does anyone else and thats part of the problem. With no information the only thing people can use as a yardstick is instinct. My instinct leads me to believe this deal is "a mere puff" [Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company [1893]]

I am not and do not compare this deal with previous deals... I try to judge the BS deal as a stand alone on its merits, or at least on the merits we are told it has.

I dont mind people having different views or perspectives to mine.

I dont have to prove my thoughts, instincts or misgivings to anyone.

It is my belief, at this point, that the training pitches, plastic grass, USA tours, dimensions [if applicable] and stand completion are of little or no benefit to PVFC. They may however be of some benefit to interested parties. The RW suite is debatable.

I dont believe the supporters or small shareholders can influence the board or board decisions in its present format. With that in mind if it does go pear shaped after 12 months it doesnt matter, because it cant be changed and the damage will have been done.

I seriously doubt the deal can be scuppered by messages on here or other sites or by questions from fans, in the same way that no matter how many questions are raised it will not prevent the next twelve months from happening, good or bad, so suggestions that raising questions are not giving "them" a chance are simply ludicrous.

Personally I dont think the football is a crucial element in the deal but only time will tell... lots of noise has been made about finishing the stand, fitting seats never to be used so it looks pretty on the telly that never comes to VP and training pitches for the extra players we cant afford... unless we are offering a training pitch to each player... and for community projects.. of course the RW suite could be an incentive for opposition teams to bring businesses to watch their team play Vale... who knows?

I just cant wait to go and watch a training pitch made of plastic, in fact I'm that excited I'm positively shaking.

Some sort of detail about the £5m is not too much to ask is it? Is hardly petty cash.

No, exactly

Now if I was running a building project and was tasked to make it happen the starting point must surely be plans, followed by costs, followed by can we afford to do what we plan ?

Surely they must have architect drawings, details of outline planning proposals ?

Archived