onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Italy out of the World Cup

Jacko51

Fair play to both. Panama finished above the USA in qualifying and the Saudis pushed the Aussies into the inter-confederation play offs.

Agreed,they've greatly overachieved and good luck to both but their fans are unlikely to fill the grounds.FIFA and the broadcasters would much prefer the likes of Italy and Holland to be there I'm sure?It's a funny old game.

Advert

Why would I?

I would prefer it to be a straight knockout competition.

Money money money..... think how much would be lost in all those televised qualifying matches, Wembley itself would lose millions - a whole industry would go.

Expect group stages in the F A Cup and League Cup before long, the stinking profiteers that rule football don't like knockouts as they don't give second chances to failed cash cows for them.

Such a shame but it's football and anything can happen,it's literally down to the luck of the draw.

Never mind Bea we've got Panama and Saudi Arabia to look forward to?

I'm sure you'll not be surprised to hear that I had a little smirk at the USA failing and Panama taking their place, I imagined Donald Trump getting ready to nuke the canal and having to be told that he couldn't assassinate Noriega as they did that about 20 years ago.

Perhaps we will get a tweet from him saying it is a 'fake world cup' soon.

As for Saudi Arabia - less said the better as thankfully this forum has been quiet on the political front lately, and I cant be bothered with them.

However, I will genuinely miss Holland, who have the best fans in the world, and to a lesser extent Italy, but why shouldn't Panama have their day. It is a pity Syria didn't qualify too.

Jacko is right - we are not getting the best teams, but I can see the other side of it if I am fair, in that a world cup should have representatives from all parts of the world where football is played.

The South Americans are hard done by too with only 4 places and about 7 or 8 good teams. Virtually all of their teams would beat anyone except Mexico from the N America/CONACAF area.

Not as painful as Australia who have played 22 games on several continents and still need to win today to qualify for Russia 2018.

Congratulations to Australia, who have now qualified for the fourth successive World Cup, given the number of matches you mention they have had to play to get there, that is genuinely a noteworthy acheievement.

It really should be time for the World Cup to be held in your part of the World, possibly a joint Australia / New Zealand bid hopefully replacing the ghastly mess that corrupt officials allowed to end in Qatar 'winning' the 2022 bid, which I don't think will take place in that location.

You took the thread off topic in a most bizarre fashion' date=' I accepted the right of reply to bring it back on topic [emoji6']

Curry sauce please

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Lol, very nonsensical and childish to accuse someone of taking a thread off topic and introduce the word "curry" on an "Italy out of the World Cup" thread. Of course you have the right to reply but at least have the gumption to make sure you're reply has some element of sense about it.

I didn't take the thread off topic but on the contrary had replied to a post in a line of posts to which you then replied with disparaging remarks, which is your way.

Virtually every day you appear to be in a squabble with other OVF posters on this site but given your predilection for narcissistic and egotistical posts it's no surprise.

Lol, very nonsensical and childish to accuse someone of taking a thread off topic and introduce the word "curry" on an "Italy out of the World Cup" thread. Of course you have the right to reply but at least have the gumption to make sure you're reply has some element of sense about it.

I didn't take the thread off topic but on the contrary had replied to a post in a line of posts to which you then replied with disparaging remarks, which is your way.

Virtually every day you appear to be in a squabble with other OVF posters on this site but given your predilection for narcissistic and egotistical posts it's no surprise.

What on earth had Tom Pope who YOU brought into this thread got to do with Italy and the World Cup to take this thread off topic? You tried to be clever and it’s backfired, move on man.

Interesting to see Italy are still ranked above Pep Southgate and his defensive nomads.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

It’s a funny old ranking system. Let’s hope we are above them this time in 8 months as it might mean we have at least got out of the group stages this WC.

Indeed. Which they (Italy) haven't for the last two WC's. Peru ranked 10??? Just scraped past NZ. The whole ranking thing is ridiculous. Can we agree on that?

What on earth had Tom Pope who YOU brought into this thread got to do with Italy and the World Cup to take this thread off topic? You tried to be clever and it’s backfired' date=' move on man[/quote']

Nothing to do with Tom Pope but everything to do with your often disparaging opinion.

Continued negative comments to gain attention are a sign of a narcissist, so not to be unexpected.

Yep move on.

I’m generally quite positive despite your bizarrely warped opinion and personal abuse which once again takes the thread off topic. That said it’s very difficult to be positive about a bunch of over inflated England players egos as the team have continually accomplished nothing and fallen short of targets since Sven left and that’s 11 years ago.

Quite strange that I didn’t initiate a ‘squabble’. I provide my opinion as you and others do and then you attack with a strange rant and reference about a Vale player.

The simple fact is Italy like England simply ain’t very good at all presently and no amount of anyone sticking their head in the sand will alter that.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Archived