onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

v Morecambe: game and post match comments

Tosh

Advert

Heres my views on the shambles of yesterday. Firstly Morcambe were a decent outfit, and played well but we made it so easy for them, i dont remember us passing to feet once in their half, owen and mccombe just smacking the ball anywhere, was embarrassing. Conceding 4 goals is just awful and I personally would fine them the weeks wages because that just isnt acceptable, it wasnt we were bad, we were god awful and nobody other than griffiths really turned up. I still dont understand how we can play so well against Northamptom and so so so bad yesterday, I have to see it was the worst I have ever seen Vale, it really was utter garbage.

Tomlinson 6 - Couldnt have saved the goals, made some decent saves.

R Taylor 5 - Looked alright to me until he got injured and Adams refused to sub him.

Owen 3 - I thought he was garbage, just hoofing it out.

Mccombe 5 - As above but slightly better.

Chilvers 6 - Was ok best out of the defenders.

Kozluk 1 - Ive seen him a few times now and have noticed that he never tackles? He just lets them run round him and cross while he jogs back, now Yates has been poor but im sorry he isnt as bad as that yesterday, just shocking.

Loft 2 - Worst Ive ever seen Loft as well, rubbish didnt tackle and didnt pass, basically did nothing.

Griffiths 7 - The only player who wanted to get the ball down and pass and was decent.

Rigg 2 - Awful, rubbish control, constantly giving the ball away, not good enough, just like last season.

Pope 6 - The effort was there, which showed he wanted it unlike the others, but had no decent service.

Richards 4 - Thats the second game in a row where he has contributed nothing, he runs over to collect the ball for a throw in to get the crowd going as if hes running his heart out when he did nothing.

Subs:

Morsy 5 - Actually passed it along the floor but nothing special.

Little 4 - Didnt really do anything.

Williamson 5 - This annoyed me, we won nothing in the air all game, as soon as he came on he won a couple of headers.

Team performance overall 0/10, some of the players would have been better not turning up yesterday.

Im really not sure about this formation either, yes it worked against Northamptom, who are dire. For me its back to the 442 and i would change it.

Tomlinson

Yates-Mccombe-Chilvers-Taylor

Little-Griffiths-Morsy-Loft

Richards-Pope

Oh and to finish I would like to thank Grewy for having a part in this, we said he shouldnt be saying the things he did and it backfired.

Is 442 is the only formation people know its always they panic default for players and supporters cause its the easy option.

Back three is ok if your central defence don't carry on playing as if they are a back two.

Richards will score but we need to give him a chance with some decent build up play, he must be frustrated playing the way we do.

Is 442 is the only formation people know its always they panic default for players and supporters cause its the easy option.

Back three is ok if your central defence don't carry on playing as if they are a back two.

Richards will score but we need to give him a chance with some decent build up play, he must be frustrated playing the way we do.

Thats why im saying change it, if were playing 3 centre backs and loosing by 4 then it is exactly working, we were overrut in in midfield as we dont play any, and half the game richards seemed to be stuck out in what was like a left or right forward which does not suit him at all.

Thats why im saying change it, if were playing 3 centre backs and loosing by 4 then it is exactly working, we were overrut in in midfield as we dont play any, and half the game richards seemed to be stuck out in what was like a left or right forward which does not suit him at all.

Yep can't argue with that on this occasion.Richards passing is awful when he plays wide or deep.

Kozluk wasn't brilliant but was not at fault for all 3 goals like yates was against shrewsbury!!

Apart from yesterday he has been faultless and can, at least lift the ball when he crosses it.

Personally I think we should drop Richards who contributed nothing up front and is possibly our worst ever captain. He looks disintersted if he doesnt receive a pass and his apathetic attitude when things don't go well surely rubs off on the rest of the team!

I am aware that he has been our top scorer but I am not convinced that he is not replacable. Get rid as I think it would be good for the team.

The forward were playing from scraps as there was nothing coming from midfield. It would be insane to

Drop Richards when rigg is nowhere near as good. He has a couple of good games in three seasons and yet to some he offers far more than our consistently top Scorer for the last few years. I genuinely think I must be watching a different team to some sometimes.

Kozluk wasn't brilliant but was not at fault for all 3 goals like yates was against shrewsbury!!

Apart from yesterday he has been faultless and can, at least lift the ball when he crosses it.

Personally I think we should drop Richards who contributed nothing up front and is possibly our worst ever captain. He looks disintersted if he doesnt receive a pass and his apathetic attitude when things don't go well surely rubs off on the rest of the team!

I am aware that he has been our top scorer but I am not convinced that he is not replacable. Get rid as I think it would be good for the team.

I still am yet to see Kozluk make a tackle, no better than Yates in my opinion and was at fault for 2 goals yesterday. As for Richards, yes he has been very poor last two games, but for me you have to look at the tactics and where he is playing, he spends most of the game out wide, that isnt where he wants to be he should be the front man and will consistently get the goals. Pope was only better than him yesterday because of effort, neither had any service. And to say that we should start Rigg over him, he has been crap, he had a couple of good games and that is it, he still looks rubbish to me, missed a load against northampton and missed a sitter yesterday, Richards and Pope up to for me against Bristol.

I think Loft was playing far too deep personally, he's a lot more effective just tucked in behind the front 2 - Rigg also was poor and did nothing all game.

We lacked creativity from the start but it got worse when Morsy partnered Griffith in the middle, we're crying out for width; 2 wingers at least and a left back, maybe another midfielder.

Bad day at the office, onwards and upwards.

Thing is, the players we were calling out for yesterday are the same we have been needing since the last few years. Instead we got players who will only ever play in the worst of injury crisis. People were talking about how much depth we have now. I don't see it. Only one player has been added to the squad that adds anything new and that's pope.

I think that perhaps the Northampton match was actually to blame for yesterday's debacle.

They swept a poor side away in the first half, trod water for the second and it would appear tried to do the same against Morecambe. They were always going to be second best against a side gunning for the top and playing away from home - they could be expected to raise their game. Being caned 7-2 last season didn't help.

We're not the only ones who had a bad day at the office this weekend; Man United will surely bounce back after today and I think Vale will as well. They just have to want it and work for it.

Archived