onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Forrester

Ben

Advert

Sad, I feel sorry for Forrester as we'd all love the ability to be a pro-football so for someone to have that talent yet not have the body to be able put that into practice for whatever reason must be so frustrating and crushing for the lad. Especially with the developments we have nowadays in physio, medicine etc etc but as we all know if your body says 'No' what can you do?

However from a Vale point of view it really is no use whatsoever having players like this, how many times have we been here before in the last 10 years or so?

That said we can't just 'get rid' as I believe there are such things as a duty of care to players whilst they are contracted to a club at least and if they are unfit and have long term injuries.

Doesn't really do us any good though does it?:sad:

Port Vale are not a big attraction if you are a lower league footballer. Following last seasons relegation, managerial changes and chairman issues if I was a player looking to progress then coming to Vale would be low down on my list.

We therefore end up signing players in the autumn of their career, young prospects yet to deliver or injury prone players that are a risk. Suggest Forrester is the latter. We have picked up a dented tin in the supermarket off the cheap shelf and have our fingers crossed as to how it will turn out.

I would go as far as saying and i'll get laughed out of town here, that Forrester is our best striker when fully fit, shown enough to me that he would be decent, sadly his fragile body suggests otherwise.

Forrester when fit is twice the player Pope is. Sadly like you say though, pitty he's always injured.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the onevalefan mobile app

When he is on the pitch he is more than capable at this level.

Leeds game he was superb.

Sadly his body lets him down.

Unfortunately we have others like him because our budget restrictions means we have to sign chancers.

That explains our injury list.

He played well against Leeds, apart from missing that chance early in the second half at 1-1 where he somehow managed to shin the ball back in the direction it had come from, rather than the easier option which was stick it in the net. For all his decent hold up play, he has never (and in my opinion, will never) score goals.

Good job it is not pay as he plays contract or he would be skint.

People saying it is him, but with all the injuries from last season, preseason and now numerous other injuries to Vale players - questions must be asked about the training schedules they are on. Something is not right at the moment. I cant believe that the players are just that unlucky they pick up injuries warming up and training.

Archived