onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club wanted Sims on board

George

But where does it stop Jean?

Like I've said, it's all very childish and both men have lost some, or a lot, of respect in my eyes!

Respect is something that is earn. Mark has mine.

PD has none from me, but I was hoping he might gain some throughtout the next 12 months. Sadly, he's just gone into negative balance.

Advert

At the moment, both parties are as bad as each other and should just grow up!

Perhaps, but one of them is the CEO of Port Vale FC - a job which presumably carries with it some responsibility?

Mark Simms now has no one to answer to but himself.

There is a big difference.

I suggest you use whatever influence you may have to suggest to PD that he stops doing this, as those on the fence are beginning to slide away again.

I come in peace and this is not to have a go at you, SV. I took the decision that life is too short and - like Tisdeano and others - I am willing to give the Board 12 months to do something.

This is not a good start.

But where does it stop Jean?

Like I've said, it's all very childish and both men have lost some, or a lot, of respect in my eyes!

It stops when Mr Deakin ceases handling the truth so carelessly, Steve.

I'll say again, Mark's statement last week was an explanation for the shareholders who voted for him followed by a rallying call to move forward. That should clearly have been the end of the matter. Mr Deakin's response was unnecessary and, it would appear, dishonest. If he responds again to the evidence Mark Sims has put forward showing him to have been talking out of his bottom then the man is a fool. When you're in a hole, Mr Deakin, stop digging. Get on with bringing in this £5 million you've promised and stop falling out with supporters who have put more money into the club than you ever will.

It stops when Mr Deakin ceases handling the truth so carelessly, Steve.

I'll say again, Mark's statement last week was an explanation for the shareholders who voted for him followed by a rallying call to move forward. That should clearly have been the end of the matter. Mr Deakin's response was unnecessary and, it would appear, dishonest. If he responds again to the evidence Mark Sims has put forward showing him to have been talking out of his bottom then the man is a fool. When you're in a hole, Mr Deakin, stop digging. Get on with bringing in this £5 million you've promised and stop falling out with supporters who have put more money into the club than you ever will.

Jean et al,

I understand where everyone is coming from and do not for one second condone the actions of Mr Deakin, who as an official representative of the club should not be lightly issuing statements like these for a process that I believed to be under NDA, and as such he should explain his actions to the new board and be disciplined.

However, you cannot condemn one, when the other does the exact same thing. I quote from Mark Simms press release:

If I have misunderstood any of these promises then no doubt Perry Deakin will advise in his inevitable and carefully worded response in which he will invariably seek to challenge my analysis of recent discussions with the board. For my part the above is an honest and open account of discussions and I would be very disappointed to read any member of the Board would infer or suggest otherwise.

The moment I saw that statement, my heart sank as I knew excatly where it would lead. All that needed to be said had been said in the prior wording, there was no need for this statement - it was challenging, baiting and uncalled for in a professional communique!

Put another way, if Deakin had written a statement in a formal press release stating:

If I have misunderstood any of these promises then no doubt Mark Sims will advise in his inevitable and carefully worded response in which he will invariably seek to challenge my analysis of recent discussions with the board. For my part the above is an honest and open account of discussions and I would be very disappointed to read any member of the pro-change groups would infer or suggest otherwise.

We would have been up in arms calling him a smarmy git who needs to get off his pretentious high horse!

P.S. Just as I hold Perry Deakin accountable as a spokeman for Port Vale, I hold Mark Simms accountable in a similar capacity as the holder of the RW proxy, spokesperson and duly elected board rep for the fans pro-change movement and CEO of the Environ Group!

I repeat my call, this snide back-biting and hair pulling has to stop, and stop now!

Why did Mr Deakin even need to raise this matter again? I thought it was dead and buried. It does seem odd that, at a time when he is trying to unite the fan base, be publicly criticises the one guy whom the majority of shareholders voted onto the Board.

Personally, I have serious doubts about the validity of Mr Deakin's comments. His version of the truth seems to change with the wind.

I agree Jean...it seems as though hes got to have last word regardless

Jean et al,

I understand where everyone is coming from and do not for one second condone the actions of Mr Deakin, who as an official representative of the club should not be lightly issuing statements like these for a process that I believed to be under NDA, and as such he should explain his actions to the new board and be disciplined.

However, you cannot condemn one, when the other does the exact same thing. I quote from Mark Simms press release:

The moment I saw that statement, my heart sank as I knew excatly where it would lead. All that needed to be said had been said in the prior wording, there was no need for this statement - it was challenging, baiting and uncalled for in a professional communique!

Put another way, if Deakin had written a statement in a formal press release stating:

We would have been up in arms calling him a smarmy git who needs to get off his pretentious high horse!

P.S. Just as I hold Perry Deakin accountable as a spokeman for Port Vale, I hold Mark Simms accountable in a similar capacity as the holder of the RW proxy, spokesperson and duly elected board rep for the fans pro-change movement and CEO of the Environ Group!

I repeat my call, this snide back-biting and hair pulling has to stop, and stop now!

You do not mention, however, that Mr Deakin said he had been told Mark Sims' statement was nonsense even before he had actually read it. Specific comments in the statement are irrelevant - he had made up his mind prior to even reading it.

It does make you wonder also why Mark Sims made the comment he did which you highlight. It looks as if he was fed up to the back teeth with the spin which was coming out of the club. And Mr Deakin has now added more ammunition to that opinion.

I agree that it is time for the arguing to cease. Let's see if Mr Deakin agrees.

Jean et al,

Differences being PD has **** on MS continuously through this whole process not vice versa. MS emotion comes through being a frustrated, fan and elected director. If PD is half as good as people say he should be trying to calm and unify not spread even more division.

Jean, Birdy,

You have both missed the point! You are falling into the he said/she said game.

I'm not on Perry Deakin's side on this

I'm not on Mark Simms said on this

I'm on the side of Port Vale Football Club and it's fans and they are the only ones who are going to get hurt as a result of this childish and pointless public bickering between the two of them.

Each has to have the last word

Each has to say it's the other ones fault

Each calls the other one a liar

Each calls into question their credibility

If I had my way I'd just stick the pair of them in a large dirty box and let them fight out away from the rest of us. I'm bored of it and to be honest I'm bored now of this pointless debate - it's just not worth exerting anymore energy over!

Perry Deakin and Mark Simms are both acting like a pair childish Bratts seeking to gain mummy's approval as the better sibling - they need their heads banging together!

I await Perry's reply to Mark's online post...

I await Marks reply to Perry's statement to the press...

I await Perry reply to Mark's radio interview...

I await Marks reply to Perry's press release...

and so on, and so on, and so on, and so on...

It's boring and not constructive! :(

Jean, Birdy,

You have both missed the point! You are falling into the he said/she said game.

I'm not on Perry Deakin's side on this

I'm not on Mark Simms said on this

I'm on the side of Port Vale Football Club and it's fans and they are the only ones who are going to get hurt as a result of this childish and pointless public bickering between the two of them.

Each has to have the last word

Each has to say it's the other ones fault

Each calls the other one a liar

Each calls into question their credibility

If I had my way I'd just stick the pair of them in a large dirty box and let them fight out away from the rest of us. I'm bored of it and to be honest I'm bored now of this pointless debate - it's just not worth exerting anymore energy over!

Perry Deakin and Mark Simms are both acting like a pair childish Bratts seeking to gain mummy's approval as the better sibling - they need their heads banging together!

I await Perry's reply to Mark's online post...

I await Marks reply to Perry's statement to the press...

I await Perry reply to Mark's radio interview...

I await Marks reply to Perry's press release...

and so on, and so on, and so on, and so on...

It's boring and not constructive! :(

You are frustrated by it all SV. Imagine how Mark Sims feels!!

You are frustrated by it all SV. Imagine how Mark Sims feels!!

Then why does he allow it to persist?

If he wanted the last word in his last statement why did he not simply say:

I do not feel it is right for me to join the board as I personally feel the conditions are not correct for me! As discussions are uinder a Non-Disclosure Agreement, it would not be appropriate for me to comment further.

However, I shall be returning to the club as a supporter and sponsor, and I hope that all supporters who kindly endorsed my nomination at the EGM will join me in wishing the new board success with the new investment deal and wishing Mickey Adams all the best of success on the field. I look forward to seeing success on both accounts with much anticipation

Likewise, why could Perry have just simply said to the Sentinel:

I have noted the comments from Mark, but as the process is under a non-disclosure agreement, I fell it more appropriate for Mark and I to discuss the matter privately, haopefull at the next home game where we can discuss further any future involvement that Mark would like with the club

I think all will agree that both make the statements and their intents clear whilst endorsing a call for unity and peace!

Good God, I should get a job in a PR company! :razz:

Whilst I know what you're getting at SV, if you look at it from Mark's point of view, if someone says in the local rag that you're a liar and naive (patronizing), would you not want to have your say?

Playing Devil's advocate, could not Perry Deakin also question why in a statement that calls for unity, does he continue to make digs and remarks towards him by name! There's no call for it, on either side!

Then why does he allow it to persist?

If he wanted the last word in his last statement why did he not simply say:

Likewise, why could Perry have just simply said to the Sentinel:

I think all will agree that both make the statements and their intents clear whilst endorsing a call for unity and peace!

Good God, I should get a job in a PR company! :razz:

Do you remember how angry you got when people on this forum were calling you names because of what you knew about Blue Sky, SV? Do you remember how many times you posted about that trying to "clear your name" in a sense? Why are you not prepared to allow Mark the same leeway?

Archived