onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adam Yates set to sign Port Vale contract

News Feed

I was wondering how many posts there would be in this thread before the descent into Yates bashing started. We all know he isn't Cafu or Carlos Alberto but he's a decent L2 defender who is unlikely to be Brown's No.1 choice for the position. He brings other things to the party, such as (I'm led to believe) his coaching skills, experience, dressing room / training pitch enthusiasm and his positive attitude towards the club as a local man and Vale fan. His ability to offer playing cover in a squad that will be so heavily reconstructed and stretched for budget is a massive bonus in my view, where else will we get his quality and experience as a squad member for the same money the club are likely to be offering him? My biggest reservation is his fitness having been out all season but I trust Browny's judgement on that - we have to and it's what he's paid to do!

Advert

Yates ability is League 2, perhaps League 1. He is a loyal professional it seems that could do a good squad job. It is difficult to know what his fitness is. I haven't seen him play for yonks, but last time I did he looked vulnerable on the big Vale pitch against speed. That said all fullbacks are vulnerable on a big pitch if there is one v one. So I hope this works out well and he has a good year, but there is a lot of uncertainty caused by time out injured.

I have remembered one other thing. Please cross from the edge of the box or beyond, not from 10 yards forward of the half way line.

I was wondering how many posts there would be in this thread before the descent into Yates bashing started. We all know he isn't Cafu or Carlos Alberto but he's a decent L2 defender who is unlikely to be Brown's No.1 choice for the position. He brings other things to the party, such as (I'm led to believe) his coaching skills, experience, dressing room / training pitch enthusiasm and his positive attitude towards the club as a local man and Vale fan. His ability to offer playing cover in a squad that will be so heavily reconstructed and stretched for budget is a massive bonus in my view, where else will we get his quality and experience as a squad member for the same money the club are likely to be offering him? My biggest reservation is his fitness having been out all season but I trust Browny's judgement on that - we have to and it's what he's paid to do!

Yates has always had good stamina and puts in a shift. Covers both fullback positions. If he has recovered from injury I'm not concerned about him. He was put on a low wage last season and I can't imagine it's been increased.

I would imagine he is a player who could transition into coaching or teaching post career. He can be a useful squad player for a year and it maybe assists him. I am conscious of the young players signed who need to be developed.

To be fair that was one of Brown's main failings last season.

Waste of the budget could have been used on a decent player.

Was poor two seasons ago can't tackle and ball distribution bad.

Perhaps his mate Popey has put a good word in or was it part of the deal to sign Pope.

You're kidding yourself if you think Yates is on a big wage. Good squad player that provides experience and depth. Pleased with this.

Believe he played well in pre-season and would have started but for the injury. Not good enough for league 1? Kind of odd that he played regularly in L1 teams not relegated, but never played in the one that was. But hey, Sperm hates him. So that must be right.

Community Foundation Trust player of the year, so he's not been sat on his arse whilst out injured. But hey, Sperm hates him so Brown out. He's a steady lower league full back and decent club man. No more no less. But we don't want his type do we given the wealth of superior talent queueing up to join.

Adam Yates is experienced, can cover a couple of positions and is cheap. He played 30 odd games in our promotion season and none in our relegation season. He is an honest pro and doesn't deserve some of the crap he gets on here in my honest opinion.

Perhaps we should have a thread to decide which fans we want to sign up for next season so we can get rid of some of the miserable buggers who do nowt but criticise individual players.

Adam Yates is experienced, can cover a couple of positions and is cheap. He played 30 odd games in our promotion season and none in our relegation season. He is an honest pro and doesn't deserve some of the crap he gets on here in my honest opinion.

Perhaps we should have a thread to decide which fans we want to sign up for next season so we can get rid of some of the miserable buggers who do nowt but criticise individual players.

What a stupid idea when we can't find enough fans anyway! 🙄

Believe he played well in pre-season and would have started but for the injury. Not good enough for league 1? Kind of odd that he played regularly in L1 teams not relegated, but never played in the one that was. But hey, Sperm hates him. So that must be right.

Community Foundation Trust player of the year, so he's not been sat on his arse whilst out injured. But hey, Sperm hates him so Brown out. He's a steady lower league full back and decent club man. No more no less. But we don't want his type do we given the wealth of superior talent queueing up to join.

There is definitely something very dark and wrong with you, who in their right minds hates a law obiding footballer? 😂

Community Foundation Trust player of the year? Where is his badge? 🤣🤣

Nowt against Adam but giving a bit to Yates and Gibbons and more to Taylor and Purkiss (if they sign) I was hoping we would get two energetic full-backs with the money and not same old, same old.

Fully agree, it was an opportunity to move on from three aging players and sign a first choice energetic right back and use Gibbons as cover.

Archived