onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinel: Disabled fan threatens Port Vale boycott about parking charges

News Feed

Port Vale supporter Eddie Jackson says he will stop going to games unless the club back down on their decision to increase his disabled-space parking charges by 75 per cent.The 77 year old, from Brown Lees, has been following the Valiants since he was four, but says he will stay away after the club wrote to him to say his car parking for next season will be £175 – up from the £100 he paid this past season. Jackson has been watching matches in Vale's disabled stand since he...16011916-thumb.jpg

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

The Staffordshire Sentinel

--

Advert

Are the Vale saying they cannot offer concessions to disabled fans? I thought the national campaign was to increase the amount of disabled seating and access, where I think I have read that Vale`s were adequate. No doubt there are fans who can clarify the situation. How many parking spaces are we taking about?

typical vale, some disabled supporters of certain clubs complained that if fans did not sit in there seat they could not see the match I think this applied to those down the road so clubs where asked if they could look at disabled seating arrangements so what do vale do put up the price to park, next it will be the careers will have to pay is this money going to the club or in the owners pocket probably only about 20 car spaces.

Eddie, I am gobsmacked too. For all your years supporting and spending your hard earned in the name of all things Port Vale you are now being financially punished because the 'Club' says it is complying with some such policy set down by a 'Supporter Group' in the name of equality.

The mind boggles, it truly does.

Equality my horses rump :angry:

What is this rubbish about charging the same price how could anybody charge the same for the hamil stand and the bycars stand has smurf or garlick sat in the bycars there is no comparison.Then between them they are going to rip off disabled fans what is happening to my club disgusted they do not give a toss for us the fans.

What is this rubbish about charging the same price how could anybody charge the same for the hamil stand and the bycars stand has smurf or garlick sat in the bycars there is no comparison.Then between them they are going to rip off disabled fans what is happening to my club disgusted they do not give a toss for us the fans.

Anyone would think there is major shortage of seats requiring supply and demand competition for the few disabled places available. Truly unbelievable.

Anyone would think there is major shortage of seats requiring supply and demand competition for the few disabled places available. Truly unbelievable.
I am sure someone on here knows the capacity of the Disabled stand, which is used by home and away fans.

I am sure someone on here knows the capacity of the Disabled stand, which is used by home and away fans.

That aside Bon'Ami it's akin to putting a band-aid on a gaping wound.

To me this smacks of pennies in the till compared to focusing on increasing STs, hospitality and other game experiences.

Archived