onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Q&A with Perry Deakin notes. . .

ValeForever.

Sadly many many fans are now lost to the club and 4,000 gates will be the norm....two poor performances...one from Lloyd and one from Deakin that did not answer basic questions.

It will be interesting when Bluesky Hank lands only to find that Deakin lied about harmony and unity and that both Deakin and Lloyd have an overwhelming vote of no confidence and are not liked or trusted by the fans....if Bluesky Hank is at all intelligent then it is time to take control of the situation and explain everything to the fans and shareholders but also to clear the decks and get some new people in to run things.

Advert

you can't spend your whole life regretting it though - I know a pessimist is never disappointed, except by good news, but to be frank, I don't think there's anything to lose on this - we've achieved most of what we wanted that was possible, and I think the chances of changing the whole thing were never realistic even with Robbie's proxy - given that they needed a massive majority we didn't have.

None of this would have happened without the EGM vote, so let's put the regrets behind us and take a step forward....seriously, what have we to lose at this stage? More to the point, what could we gain by holding on for the unlikely, the improbable and the impossible?

im happy to move forward, what will be will be

i just dont trust them

Sadly many many fans are now lost to the club and 4,000 gates will be the norm....two poor performances...one from Lloyd and one from Deakin that did not answer basic questions.

It will be interesting when Bluesky Hank lands only to find that Deakin lied about harmony and unity and that both Deakin and Lloyd have an overwhelming vote of no confidence and are not liked or trusted by the fans....if Bluesky Hand is at all intelligent then it is time to take control of the situation and explain everything to the fans and shareholders but also to clear the decks and get some new people in to run things.

Deakin has never had a vote of no confidence from the shareholders.

brookersleftboot

Posts: 2,505 Hi Perry, Any plans on reintroducing pay on the turnstile for the Bycars End? I think it would encourage more fans into this area.

I appreciate the point you make however, we are trying to move the club forwards in terms of ticket purchasing options and a return to cash payment on this stand is not currently an option I am looking at.

I personally would suggest that he puts pay to this rediculous "ticket purchasing" crap and return to (for this & next season at least) cash on the gates.

Its not as if we save by not having people on the turnstile so personally i dont see where exactly we save money.

Where they save is on people in their 20's getting in for kids prices and people in their 50's getting in as pensioners. Also in theory it should make turnstile queues shorter as there is no change to fiddle about with. A lot of clubs do it nowadays.

It will be interesting when Bluesky Hank lands only to find that Deakin lied about harmony and unity and that both Deakin and Lloyd have an overwhelming vote of no confidence and are not liked or trusted by the fans....if Bluesky Hand is at all intelligent then it is time to take control of the situation and explain everything to the fans and shareholders but also to clear the decks and get some new people in to run things.

I think you're getting a bit carried away on a wave of negativity there - Deakin will probably have been elected to the Board (in which case there is no "overwhelming vote of no confidence" is there????) and I'm hoping that there will be greater unity and harmony by then because Bill Bratt will have left....which was a big item on our shopping list.

I don't like quite a few people, but that doesn't mean they aren't doing a good job.......you're taking your own personal dislikes and assuming that everyone else has them, and you could well be wrong.

I thought Deakin was a disaster when he started, but people can grow on you by making things better , and I get the impression the mood is changing slowly.

Whether any more than 4,000 fans will show up, i don't know - some of that may well be down to prices and crap football, but I think the numbers may well increase if the investment is there, and is seen to be delivering something.

I don't know what or who to believe anymore, the more I hear and read the more confused and uncertain I get but for now I'm prepared to see how things pan out and I will be attending my first game of the season on Saturday and will then continue to pay on the day until I'm convinced to purchase a st. I'm now willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise!======

All im thinkinh of is removing barriers/excuses in the current climate of stayaways i think all options must be available.

Take the scenario: A fan at 2:30 manages to finish work early & thinks "ill give vale a go again" they get to the ground at say 2:50 only to be told cant pay on gate.

Are they likely to trudge around to a ticket office, queue, then back around? especially come winter???

Nope. Theres plenty of people in that position & plenty who make a late decision to attend a game based on numerous issues such as work, family, money etc

I just believe that currently all options should be made available while we build bridges & try to entice lost fans back.

I could be wrong but I thought there was a turnstile at the paddock which is pay at the gate,please correct me if am wrong ..:unsure:

I don't know what or who to believe anymore, the more I hear and read the more confused and uncertain I get but for now I'm prepared to see how things pan out and I will be attending my first game of the season on Saturday and will then continue to pay on the day until I'm convinced to purchase a st. I'm now willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise!======

Good on yer mate,as you say pay on the day,pick your matches and if everything goes ok get yer sen a season ticket at xmas,you then still have the option to see how it pans out over the next 2 months. :yes:

Thought it sounded good myself. He said how many shares blue sky are buying which people asked for, and has already paid for his shares. I don't trust them yet, but maybe they should be given a chance to prove they can live up to their words. Then people can re-assess in the summer. If they lied then SEO won't need a campaign, it will just happen.

Good on yer mate,as you say pay on the day,pick your matches and if everything goes ok get yer sen a season ticket at xmas,you then still have the option to see how it pans out over the next 2 months. :yes:

Indeed, I believe the time has come to cut them some slack and give them a chance, however if they **** up then it will be all out war again!!:ninja:

Indeed, I believe the time has come to cut them some slack and give them a chance, however if they **** up then it will be all out war again!!:ninja:

If they **** up as you say it will be administration and there will be all out war and I will be on the front line ........ I am bulling them up a lot on here because I want to beleave this could be the real thing ,I truly want to beleave it and I don't like been made a fool of ..

He said how many shares blue sky are buying which people asked for

Did he?

I don't think he said anything of the sort. Another golden opportunity missed for them to address it.

The mind boggles as to why Lloyd and Deakin continue to avoid directly answering the question. It doesn't exactly bode well for the new era of honesty and openness.

Did he?

I don't think he said anything of the sort. Another golden opportunity missed for them to address it.

The mind boggles as to why Lloyd and Deakin continue to avoid directly answering the question. It doesn't exactly bode well for the new era of honesty and openness.

Im wondering if ML&PD have told MS any more info than they have released to the rest of us?

Archived