onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Election 2017

mr.hobblesworth

Halal should be banned world wide not just in this country. I avoid Kebab Houses etc. Who pretty well always serve Halal.

Indians don't use Halal but most Indian restaurants use Halal as a lot of Indian restaurants are actually ran by Bangladesh's, I always ask in advance and will walk out. Last year I went Nando's in Slough with about 20 work colleagues to find they only use Halal. I insisted we all left and we went the Chinese next door.

Do you think the animals you ate there were treated humanely?

https://www.animalaid.org.uk/the-issues/our-campaigns/slaughter/

Advert

I would like to think so but I guess a lot of the time they aren't but i do know if I eat Halal they were most certainly not treated humanely.

Watch the video. The term humane slaughter is an oxymoron. I just find it odd that you can be so passionately against halal (which I thoroughly agree with you on) but not seem concerned at all that the food you do eat comes from the barbaric treatment of animals.

Exactly. I hope that all these people showing such concern over the treatment of animals are all (at least) vegetarians.

I don't know if that is aimed at me but I do not eat meat, and am working towardas a vegan diet, not always easy but at least it avoids animals being slaughtered.

I do know people who eat some meat but support humane slaughtering practices, which is not perfect by a long way, but better than letting the poor creatures suffer pain as well.

A lot of slaughterhouses are filthy, inhumane places - if they are to exist at all, the least the so-called authorities can do is make sure they are properly run with minimum suffering and clean, and Halal/Schechitar(Jewissh) bleed to death methods must be baaned as soon as possible.

This is in fact very timely, as there is a small but crucial victory today in that part of Belgium has banned these religious nutters from their barbaric acts-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4484456/Belgium-bans-halal-kosher-slaughter-Walloon.html

https://www.rt.com/news/387595-belgian-outlaws-kosher-slaughter/

"The European Jewish Congress called the law, which will be implemented by September 2019, scandalous and its president Moshe Kantor told The Independent it sends a terrible message to Jewish communities throughout Europe that Jews are unwanted.

Muslim and Jewish communities have condemned the ban as an attack on religion

'It attacks the very core of our culture and religious practice and our status as equal citizens with equal rights in a democratic society,' he said

C0bbler$.

"Unwanted"? It's the opposite as it's saying we want you to stay but if you want to do so either don't slaughter animals or do it like everyone else.."here's what you need to do to be part of our society"

You're being treated equally cos it's telling you that if you can't slaughter animals like everyone else does then don't slaughter them..just like no one else is allowed to slaughter in an inhumane way so you aren't too.

Equal rights means you follow the same laws as everyone else, not getting exemptions because of your religion. Linking it to the nazi occupation is ridiculous and making such claims whenever anyone is critical just makes a mockery of legitimate claims.

But again, I struggle to understand how people can be outraged at such practices but not seemingly bothered about the treatment of animals for their own food.

Watch the video. The term humane slaughter is an oxymoron. I just find it odd that you can be so passionately against halal (which I thoroughly agree with you on) but not seem concerned at all that the food you do eat comes from the barbaric treatment of animals.

Barbaric treatment needs to be stopped and more stringent checks need to be made across all slaughter houses to prevent this sort of thing happening.

I respect anyone who is vegetarian, that is their choice but also meat eaters should not be knocked because they choose to eat meat and I would say that 99% of meat eaters would like to feel that the animals have lived and died in as humane way as possible. At the end of the day Cows, Pigs, Sheep and a number of animals would become extinct if we all became Vegans.

I think this topic is going off track from what the original posting was about as I don't think this have anything to do with the general election :smile:

Barbaric treatment needs to be stopped and more stringent checks need to be made across all slaughter houses to prevent this sort of thing happening.

I respect anyone who is vegetarian, that is their choice but also meat eaters should not be knocked because they choose to eat meat and I would say that 99% of meat eaters would like to feel that the animals have lived and died in as humane way as possible. At the end of the day Cows, Pigs, Sheep and a number of animals would become extinct if we all became Vegans.

I think this topic is going off track from what the original posting was about as I don't think this have anything to do with the general election :smile:

JC is a vegetarian

Teresa is a type 1 diabetic so needs her meat intake

Tim Farron is a vegetarian

Paul Nuttall is not a vegetarian but has a lot to do with nuts

I agree it's probably another topic thread. I don't knock meat or dairy eaters. The majority of my friends are. I do think most choose to not think about where their food comes from though. And there is a logical disconnect between people 'loving animals' and caring about their treatment and yet happily eating them. Though I'd also include dairy in with the meat industry. Sorry, I can't help myself. But it is an issue I care about.

It probably does look as if it is going off topic, but with all due respect Phil, I think this is an issue that won't get discussed much - if at all - and to some people is an important one that may influence the way they vote, including me.

The events in Belgium are a real breakthrough, but I fear that given the nature of he parties involved we might get severe reactions.

For the European Jewish congress or whatever it calls itself to compare this to Nazi treatment of Jewish people is an insult to their own who died in the camps and suffered terribly. Absurd and stupid.

Animal welfare (all aspects) is an issue that I'd like to see raised in our election and all across the world but I think that may take time.

Don't know about pigs sheep and cows becoming extinct if we didn't eat meat, there would still be a need for wool, milk etc. and we could make sure some areas were given over for animals (small islands where people could visit but not live, except for those caring for the animals).

Sorry, I have to mention the whole 'they will gone extinct if we don't eat them' argument. If you take just one minute to think about what you're saying, it's absurd and shows a lack strong arguments for that standpoint. Basically you're doing the animals a favour by torturing them and eating them. I'm sure the same argument could be used for breeding human slaves. And those animals didn't suddenly come into existence because someone decided they wanted to eat bacon.

As for fishing, I don't understand why you need to stick a hook through a fishes mouth in order to enjoy sitting in the great outdoors.

And bea is right in saying the issue is important for some in who they vote for.

Archived