onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

For those blaming Brown

Iron Curtain

Sure, Zola for Rowett.

That's what you have?

😂

Yes that was a shocking decision. They didn't change the entire playing squad, flood the club with overpaid players who aren't good enough.

Smurfs Bruno experiment was WAY WORSE.

If Birmingham has brough Zola in (who has a better record than Bruno by the way) and then bring in a useless Norwegian winger as the clubs 2nd highest paid player along with a raft of other players who were not good enough. THEN sacked Zola and brought in a bloke who has never managed before who proved to be just as bad. THEN... then that would be as decision that was just as bad as Norman's. As it stands Norman's was worse.

Advert

That's what you have?

Yes that was a shocking decision. They didn't change the entire playing squad, flood the club with overpaid players who aren't good enough.

Smurfs Bruno experiment was WAY WORSE.

If Birmingham has brough Zola in (who has a better record than Bruno by the way) and then bring in a useless Norwegian winger as the clubs 2nd highest paid player along with a raft of other players who were not good enough. THEN sacked Zola and brought in a bloke who has never managed before who proved to be just as bad. THEN... then that would be as decision that was just as bad as Norman's. As it stands Norman's was worse.

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree, but sacking a manager who was doing an unbelievable job, taking a relegation fodder team into the playoffs and then immediately being sucked into a relegation battle again is up there.

It's easy to slate Smurf's decision in hindsight, it was clearly wrong. I certainly wasn't slating it after a decent start when we were playing great football and were just outside of the playoffs.

Plenty of ****** on here wanted us to sack off last seasons team too. Be careful what you wish for is a lesson that they would do well to learn.

Not sure why mor-ons is starred out...

Fans wanting to get rid of a manager doesn't mean they want him replaced with some bloke with an appalling record and no experience in England. Fans wanting to get rid of some players doesn't mean they want them replaced with a bunch of lads from lower leagues across Europe with not experience of playing in England and little evidence of the ability to cope.

Fans who wanted change perhaps didn't think the chairman would be made enough to do what he did. I know what I'm wishing for now - I've thought about it very carefully for a good five minutes and I would politely suggest that I don't need to be careful because it is the only way forward for the club.

But it has been spent and is an investment.

Every time I see any sort of financial product advertised it always carries a caveat - your investment may go down as well as up. The chairman doesn't seem to accept this. He has spent his investment and now wants it back.

Fans wanting to get rid of a manager doesn't mean they want him replaced with some bloke with an appalling record and no experience in England. Fans wanting to get rid of some players doesn't mean they want them replaced with a bunch of lads from lower leagues across Europe with not experience of playing in England and little evidence of the ability to cope.

Fans who wanted change perhaps didn't think the chairman would be made enough to do what he did. I know what I'm wishing for now - I've thought about it very carefully for a good five minutes and I would politely suggest that I don't need to be careful because it is the only way forward for the club.

I didn't claim any of that to be fair.

There is only one man to blame and you all know who it is without me telling you.

Yes I have been disappointed with Brown but what support in the way of cash did he get? If he had brought in expensive players and failed I would be among the first to berate him but seriously do you think the bloke chose to bring in cast offs from L2 clubs? If you do you must be as daft as those that think Smurthwaite is doing a good job.

Honestly God had more chance with his 2 loaves and 5 fishes.

Who are the cast offs he's brought from league 2 clubs? I can only think of Eagles who when used in the number 10 role has been excellent.

Every time I see any sort of financial product advertised it always carries a caveat - your investment may go down as well as up. The chairman doesn't seem to accept this. He has spent his investment and now wants it back.

That's up to him, and if he gets it all back then fair play to him.

Archived