onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite: I love the club and will only sell it to the “right party”

News Feed

To the Chairman so not offering a new contract to Mr R Streete is not down to you but the manager and ceo not asking you to offer him a new contract because most fans see this happening at the end of this season Smith sold streete let go foley let go. All so you say you have frozen season ticket prices I brought this seasons at £ 245 early bird next seasons early bird will cost £265 that is a £20 increase so how has this been frozen to this seasons prices looking forward to your answers thank you.

Advert

Norman

The lack of loyalty to paying Fans is something that urgently needs to be put right. Last year I bought 2 Adult Season Tickets for Lorne Street(As I do each year) along with one for a 12yr old(along with a Free shirt which was the clincher for him), but was met with a struggle for right size shirt and once we get into the ground there can be long queues for Food/Drink(which has got worse recently with only 2 people serving)and when you do get served there is no chance of Hot Food from half time onwards. This might not seem much to you but is it too much to ask especially as it has been getting steadily worse for the past 3 years and this is should be a good source of revenue for the club?

Also is there a free shirt this year? and how are the sales of matchday programs going as the catering staff NEVER try to sell one to you???

Smurf. I've criticised you plenty (never insulted) and despite the fact you probably won't recall it, I've also praised you when you've done something I feel benefits the club. I have a few questions;

1. Do you recognise the long term threat our club is currently facing, with falling attendances, combined with a growing Prem Club on our doorstep with an aggressive approach to attracting new fans (some of which may have in the past, come to us)? If you do recognise the threat, what, if anything, are we doing about it?

Yes l understand the issues

One of our main handicaps was that the then Community personell were letting the Club down and not engaging with schools etc

It took me over a year to establish a new one and slowly they are trying to get the message out there but it will take years to redress the neglect

2. Do we have a customer database? Do we know who our fans are, the demographic, how long they've been ST holders, our lapsed ST holders?

We do but not sure how accurate it is

3. Are the club listening to fans issues in an attempt to retain existing fans?

Trying to but in reality have not the staff at present

4. What are the club doing to attract new fans? Will we be evaluating the short term, and long term success of promotions such as the one Rochdale are trying tomorrow night? A lot of people have suggested we replicate this scheme, is that something you can see any value in?

I spoke to Rochdale

They are struggling with their gates put on another 500 half season tickets at Xmas and are trying to gauge if there is any more movement upwards in ticket deals

5. The Manager situation - do you understand the implications of having a caretaker manager and the uncertainty it causes around the club, in the eyes of potential new signings, and existing players? Also, do you think the uncertainty effects Brown in any way, in the decisions he makes during this period? What are the plans for the position? are we going through a recruitment process? are fans likely to get an update?

It was felt we should not tie us down to ant deadlines but some of what you say may be true

6. We're currently in the process of trying to sell STs for next season, what are YOU doing to increase sales?

Trying to be honest but in reality very little is being done by the Club

There are so many other questions I'd like to ask, but I think most are being covered in the accounts thread. I'll be honest, there hasn't been one answer you've given so far that has given me hope for our future. Every response so far has just added to my fears for the future of the club.

Understand your sentiments but l do not like spin would rather deal in facts but not sure that really deals with your point

Norman,

We are down to the hard-core as a fan base, and some of the hard-core are becoming despondent with numbers decreasing game by game. Please act on this as in my view we will struggle to sell 1500 ST's next year. I feel that if this isn't acted on quickly this will drastically harm next season and beyond whichever league we are in. Please don't rely on Sheff Utd and Bolton to swell the figures.

You/the club has to do something to build the buzz in albeit challenging times on the field.

Please Act soon.

thanks,

To the Chairman so not offering a new contract to Mr R Streete is not down to you but the manager and ceo not asking you to offer him a new contract because most fans see this happening at the end of this season Smith sold streete let go foley let go. All so you say you have frozen season ticket prices I brought this seasons at £ 245 early bird next seasons early bird will cost £265 that is a £20 increase so how has this been frozen to this seasons prices looking forward to your answers thank you.

Not sure appriopiate to discuss contract negiotiations for either but they are taking place

I have not requested any increase in ST costs let me check that but they should be same as last year

Norman

The lack of loyalty to paying Fans is something that urgently needs to be put right. Last year I bought 2 Adult Season Tickets for Lorne Street(As I do each year) along with one for a 12yr old(along with a Free shirt which was the clincher for him), but was met with a struggle for right size shirt and once we get into the ground there can be long queues for Food/Drink(which has got worse recently with only 2 people serving)and when you do get served there is no chance of Hot Food from half time onwards. This might not seem much to you but is it too much to ask especially as it has been getting steadily worse for the past 3 years and this is should be a good source of revenue for the club?

Also is there a free shirt this year? and how are the sales of matchday programs going as the catering staff NEVER try to sell one to you???

To avoid waste it is difficult to gauge attendances and inturn food requirements

I understood since l took the catering ack inhuse in July 15 things had improved

Also it is difficult when staff employed for 3 to 4 hours a fortnight let you down

I used to come down to Lorne St to help out but it was felt that would just cause other issues so stopped

Thanks again for answering these questions Norman. I for one do appreciate it and feel slightly better about things after reading your replies.

For me, Sam Foley and Remi Streete are key players for us but it seems likely they will leave in the summer? Have we resigned ourselves to losing them or are talks still ongoing?

Norman,

Many Thanks for coming on here over the past hours to put yourself in the firing line and answer questions, respect that.

As things stand we are heading to League Two... form isn't improving and this now looks the likely outcome and will deeply hurt the supporters and after 4 years of in the main progression to become a solid League One outfit it will be disappointing to be playing the likes of Morecambe and Accrington again (with all respect of course to those clubs).

Many fans are worried for the clubs future on the field as well as off, some even predicting a struggle to stay in the Football League next year.

Are the club planning for the potential eventuality of relegation? and is a plan in place to try and return the club to League One at the first attempt i.e. finance, manager etc...

I am sure you can understand the anger and hurt the fans are feeling at the moment and at the end of the day people make mistakes... its when they repeat them that its unforgivable and I hope you get the chance to re-address the ones from the summer.

Thank You.

To avoid waste it is difficult to gauge attendances and inturn food requirements

I understood since l took the catering ack inhuse in July 15 things had improved

Also it is difficult when staff employed for 3 to 4 hours a fortnight let you down

I used to come down to Lorne St to help out but it was felt that would just cause other issues so stopped

Thanks Norman but if you just increase proportionally each match(5-10 items and then review) you could eventually get close to the correct figure, but I agree there may be a little waste from time to time.

I certainly agree that it shouldn't be you helping out and have felt most matches like jumping behind the counter to help out myself(I at least have a bit more get up and go) but I will add that my daughter did work for you on Lorne Street/Disable Stand but has not received a call/text for over 2 months and when she initially asked why she did not get a response or was told she was not required. Also do the Junior still get a free shirt with the Family Ticket as per last year as it has not been advertised?

Thanks for your response as it is much appreciated..

Understand your sentiments but l do not like spin would rather deal in facts but not sure that really deals with your point

Didn't notice your answers to my questions at first, just seen that they're in the body of my quote. Thanks for those replies. In the main it shows that the club isn't in the place it needs to be to address the issue of falling attendances, and the long term threat posed by Stoke.

I've not asked you to spin anything, but what is imperative is that you understand the consequences of your actions / words. You can tell the truth, in a way that doesn't damage the club and it's image. Otherwise, say nothing. Insulting fans on here and twitter isn't helpful. Insinuating (after you blocked me) on twitter that I'm not a fan, is no way to speak to a customer. I've been going to the Vale since 1985, aged 3 years old. I'm frustrated (yes, I'm emotional at times, we're football fans) and hate seeing the club heading the way that it currently is. You were active on twitter, so it's a really simple and fast method of communicating with someone who can make a difference. You put yourself there, so you have to expect criticism.

The club has huge potential, but the current trend is worrying, and I'm not seeing enough from the club or yourself, to put my mind at rest that you're doing everything possible to change things for the better.

There are some great posts on here, not exclusively from people showing worry and concern, but making good suggestions. I'm not suggesting you have to bow down to every request, but at least engage with fans in a positive way, only then will you right the wrongs.

And there lies the problem

When l got to know about l dealt with it

In an ideal world l would like to clear all and start again but that would be to disruptive

Now Colin has day to day control

He is trying to implement a team of able willing etc bodies to deliver the basics and more

There was a time l read on here real issues and tried to deal with them but in the main now its just ranting

I tried to do many things 1 to save money and 2 to ensure it was done

That has come at a cost to my health so have now taken a back seat

Finally who ever the Manager l have fully supported them and really with the exception of Alnwick never forced anyone player on to a Manager and do not get involved in Football matters other than a debrief once a week l do not even go down to see the Manager after a game as my knowledge is very limited and does not really add any value

Norman

Thanks for posting by not doing so was detrimental to the clubs future.

Whilst I appreciate decisions you have made and some of the things you have said in the past have not helped, i do believe that somewhere behind all the smoke and mirrors you do want success for the club even if that guarantees you some form of return on your investment.

From the back end of last season comments and decisions have alienated fans (re: Rob Page - who incidentally I didn't rate particularly his comment saying that Vale were "Overachieveing" in League 1) The appointment of Ribiero and the delay in signing players pre season caused fans to back off renewing ST's (Not me but at least a half dozen who sit around us in the Paddock for example)

You talked of the Championship yet what do we see? Unfit, incompetent players and management team in the main. From the exit of Tom Pope onwards through to Grant and Alnwyck recently the quality of the team has reduced culminating in the current league position. It is obvious we have no goal threat and struggle keeping goals out - both a recipe for disaster. What was Plan B? What was Plan A for that matter?

I do hope Michael Brown can at least give us a fighting chance but where are we going short term (now)? and next season? This could have been so different had we recruited more effectively starting in the main job - The Manager. Teams such as Rochdale outperform us, why?

I am awaiting some positivity from the club, yourself and on the pitch, perhaps my loyalty means little, that is why we have lost potentially 2K fans.

Thanks Norman but if you just increase proportionally each match(5-10 items and then review) you could eventually get close to the correct figure, but I agree there may be a little waste from time to time.

I certainly agree that it shouldn't be you helping out and have felt most matches like jumping behind the counter to help out myself(I at least have a bit more get up and go) but I will add that my daughter did work for you on Lorne Street/Disable Stand but has not received a call/text for over 2 months and when she initially asked why she did not get a response or was told she was not required. Also do the Junior still get a free shirt with the Family Ticket as per last year as it has not been advertised?

Thanks for your response as it is much appreciated..

On Sat 120 pies were thrown away

Something which is difficult to deal with assuming they were busy

I guess it depends why you asked

Were you concerned the right amount may not of been deducted

Not concerned by the amount as that was about the only thing showing on the receipt. But it had not been sorted in a week, between games, surely the club's copy also only shows the same information. What do the staff in the ticket office do in the week?

Archived