onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Streete out until April ?

blackdog

Doom mongers again are all Vale fans clones of Ray Williams? Yes we will miss Remie. However Smurth didn't injure him. Let's put our support behind the lads who are playing and give them a roar. Seems a lot of people on here who are determined to send us down! Yes things not great but support till May can help our team

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Just because we express concern about the current state of affairs at the club on here doesn't mean we won't support them at the match on Saturday.

Advert

Remi Streete is still a young lad, learning all the time.

He's been very good for us this season, an odd slip apart, and has also scored several vital goals for us.

He's played in a very young and inexperienced back four and still excelled.

It would be a crying shame to lose him but Norman doesn't seem as if he ever signs players on long term contracts and much prefers to get rid of the higher wage earners.

Like Pope he no doubt thinks that Streete can be replaced for half the money!

Off tack a bit, I know, but had we kept Pope and Dodds we'd be safe this season and not in the mire. Allowing your better players to leave is the road to nowhere.

He's been very good for us this season, an odd slip apart, and has also scored several vital goals for us.

It would be a crying shame to lose him but Norman doesn't seem as if he ever signs players on long term contracts and much prefers to get rid of the higher wage earners.

Off tack a bit, I know, but had we kept Pope and Dodds we'd be safe this season and not in the mire. Allowing your better players to leave is the road to nowhere.

Come off it Pope one of our best players. He spent his last season here injured more than he played and when he did play he didn't look half the player he was in the promotion season. He has scored 9 goals for Bury in nearly 60 appearances. He is not the answer now and wasn't 2 years ago. As for Dodds, take your rose tinted specs off, he was never one of our best players, he was a luxury we could rarely afford in our team. Apart from that I agree with the rest of your post.

Doom mongers again are all Vale fans clones of Ray Williams? Yes we will miss Remie. However Smurth didn't injure him. Let's put our support behind the lads who are playing and give them a roar. Seems a lot of people on here who are determined to send us down! Yes things not great but support till May can help our team

No one says Smurf did injure him did they ? very peculiar comment.

I can stand on my seat and scream till 6pm to morrow it wont alter the fact that some of us recognise what a mess we are in.

I will be there tomorrow and I will support the team to the best of my abilities, but it wont cover up the deficiencies in a poorly assembled squad.

To say I am determined to send them down is a comment I shall treat with the contempt it deserves.

Come off it Pope one of our best players. He spent his last season here injured more than he played and when he did play he didn't look half the player he was in the promotion season. He has scored 9 goals for Bury in nearly 60 appearances. He is not the answer now and wasn't 2 years ago. As for Dodds, take your rose tinted specs off, he was never one of our best players, he was a luxury we could rarely afford in our team. Apart from that I agree with the rest of your post.

You scraped the barrel with your disgraceful Birchall comments the other night however it would seem you have turned your attention to Dodds whose goals I would love to have in the side, remind me how many goals have our midfield scored this season ?

No one says Smurf did injure him did they ? very peculiar comment.

I can stand on my seat and scream till 6pm to morrow it wont alter the fact that some of us recognise what a mess we are in.

I will be there tomorrow and I will support the team to the best of my abilities, but it wont cover up the deficiencies in a poorly assembled squad.

To say I am determined to send them down is a comment I shall treat with the contempt it deserves.

I didn't use any names and was pointing out that some fans are doom merchants. Yes the team is what it is now and what it will be to the end of the season so let's get behind them. i get frustrated too with what goes on but want us all to work as a team.

I've been very critical of this season's team and the Chairman's daft decisions but that is not to say that I don't want us to win every game we play. I'm 100% behind every player and every team we put out on the pitch. I have been for nearly 60 years.

But this year's shenanigans have depressed me. The Chairman hasn't got a clue and the players we've recruited are awful. I reserve the right to point out these glaring deficiencies if I see them as I suspect that Norman is taking us down. We haven't won 2 games on the trot in the league since August!! Our away record is appalling. I don't see a lot to get excited about. That's why there is a lot of doom and gloom on here. What have we to get excited about?

Its gone past prayer I'm afraid I have never felt so down and fed up with the Vale as I do now, we will surely get relegated and with no plan no vision and no hope I just don't see where the club goes from here.

Smurthwaite has ruined a good football club, on his head be it.

Did Smurf nail him with a two footed tackle?

Have you seen where Pope and Dodds are plying their trade? Keeping Pope for instance on double bubble given his downward slide since he left us would have been financial suicide.

I don't honestly think anyone wants to see us get relegated, I just think a few people have that Potteries disease - wallowing in their own self pity. If you always think the worst generally eventually you will be right!

Have you seen where Pope and Dodds are plying their trade? Keeping Pope for instance on double bubble given his downward slide since he left us would have been financial suicide.

Quite simply, with Pope and Dodds instead of say, 7 players like Paterson, Macintosh, Periera, Santos etc. we would be at worst in mid-table, possibly higher, and sure of L1 football next season. Even you can see that and know that 7 wages of people like I mentioned would easily have covered Pope and Dodds wages, so the 'financial suicide' remark is nonsense.

Archived