onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno out

TylerB

Smurf & Bruno have got to take responsibility for what is being served up. As a season ticket holder for fifty years I've been through a lot of bad times but I have to admit I am currently struggling to make the effort. I will always buy my ticket as that's my small contribution to the club closest to my heart. However, if Smurf wants to see an increase in the crowd he has to look at what he is offering the fans... it is meant to be an entertainment business. I am not bothered if Bruno stays or goes but please Mr Smurthwaite give me something to be proud of.

Advert

Is the manager really choosing the best team?

Should Tavares beplaying every game?

I Purkiss really injured, or should he be included in the starting eleven?

Shouls Amaros be starting?

Should Jones be playing on the right wing?

Should Paterson even be starting, or even be on the bench?

I and 99% of people commenting in this thread are aspiring managers, but few agree with Roberio's team choices, or tactics.

We have around 15 players too many in the squad and most of them are not up to the required standard. I can't for the life of me see how this makes economic sense. Surely their combined salaries would be better used to pay quality players the going rate. Doing this would improve the team which in turn would lead to bigger crowds which means a greater income.

It's not rocket science is it?

Is the manager really choosing the best team?

1. Should Tavares beplaying every game?

2. I Purkiss really injured, or should he be included in the starting eleven?

3. Shouls Amaros be starting?

4. Should Jones be playing on the right wing?

5. Should Paterson even be starting, or even be on the bench?

I and 99% of people commenting in this thread are aspiring managers, but few agree with Roberio's team choices, or tactics.

I've numbered your points:

1. No

2. No & No, Taylor is better

3. Yes, see answer "1"

4. No, right wing is not the same as playing on the right of a front three

5. No and only if everyone else is injured

I'm not an aspiring manager and that's a cop out used by people who can't read a game of football properly & therefore can't argue back convincingly.

Agree with the above, Yukon, except I would argue the Purkiss from last season is better, certainly in open play, than Taylor. The Purkiss from this season is, however, inferior. That may be down to his link up play with Moore working better than his link up play with whoever is on the right this season at any given time (usually Jones, who gives Kelly a run for "most naïve footballer off the ball in Vale history). At least Jones knows what he's doing in front of goal though.

I,m not disagreeing with you on everything you've just said but until January we cn't do anything about it!!!

Who can put a team together from scratch and expect all the players to gel together of course there are going to be a few that don't come up to scratch and he maybe needs to change things around plus the injury and suspensions don't help!!

But I suppose all you aspiring Managers know best!!

It's not about who knows best and who doesn't. Jesus.

I'd like to know Bruno's thinking. Why he continues to pick Tavares despite his god awful performance over the last couple of months? Why does he continue to play the same formation away from home when it's quite clearly not working? How has he allowed us to have a massive squad and yet we're still so short of quality up front and out wide? Why is he foolish enough to think that playing tippy-tappy football will work over the course of a season in League One? Why do we continue to start ridiculously slowly game after game after game?

I have no confidence in Norman that he will deliver in January. We might sign some more bodies, but he won't push the boat out to sign quality. This much has been proven.

I'm really hoping we have clauses in a lot of the contracts, we need to cut roughly 10 from the squad I'd say, & I'm not far off suggesting Bruno in addition to that to be honest. There's too little quality spread out over a ridiculous quantity, which is the opposite of what Smurf said we were going to get at the start of the season. We appear to have scouted poorly, or bought into agent lies/youtube videos, & now have a low-mid table first 11 (partly due to injuries but still), with absolute nonsense to bring in as replacements.

I'm very optimistic at the worst of times, but I'm really struggling to defend these performances/the manager right now, & have no motivation to watch us. That's pretty staggering considering I went to every single game until MKD, but any excitement or hope for the season has just died very quickly, & it's looking like another write off already.

I even missed Stevenage (missing home games is unheard of for me), never mind not bothering with spending money on any more away games yet. Something needs to change, because this same old routine of being terrible for 45 minutes, then trying to sort the side out at HT & come from behind is not working. Even when we do win, we're still terrible too. The crowds are just going to get smaller & smaller.

Edit: Realised I never really addressed your point, but yes, I too have no real confidence in him to bring in quality, even if he does offload the crap. It'll probably just be another attempt to do it all on the cheap again, with a different set of players.

I wonder how many of the "Bruno out brigade" were also saying "Rob Page out" during last season? Some people will not realise we're a mid-table average club and unfortunately are likely to stay that way under for some time to come.

And you expect me to part with my money every saturday, and away game's, plus travel etc, whilst supporting a family, to witness dross, boring, evo stick / scottish division two / irish pub league football for 'some time to come' ?

good luck with that, if that's the incentive than the crowds will keep on tumbling!

I have no confidence in Norman that he will deliver in January. We might sign some more bodies, but he won't push the boat out to sign quality. This much has been proven.

Disagree with that entirely, it's not the chairmans job to sign the players yet he has facilitated the signings of such quality as Alnwick, Marshall, Streete, Jones (on loan), Grant, Purkiss, Thomas etc so that point is completely disproven.

His problem is he trusted people who let him down in Page and now Bruno.

Disagree with that entirely, it's not the chairmans job to sign the players yet he has facilitated the signings of such quality as Alnwick, Marshall, Streete, Jones (on loan), Grant, Purkiss, Thomas etc so that point is completely disproven.

His problem, in that case, is that he employed Page (despite working with him before under MA) and employed Bruno on the say so of another team's manager. The buck always stops with the chairman, as he makes the decisions. He is happy to reflect in glory when it's going well, he needs to take the blame when it isn't. Unfortunately, at the moment, his decisions fall between bad and non-existent.

Maybe if he had half a brain cell and perhaps 1% of the brain cell worked, when bruno said to him he know's such a player etc, he'd research the player or even question why do you want to sign a player like mbamba from an unknown norwegian division, yet still funded the transfer, he made the deal happen with the money, so it's half smurf / half bruno.

His problem, in that case, is that he employed Page (despite working with him before under MA) and employed Bruno on the say so of another team's manager. The buck always stops with the chairman, as he makes the decisions. He is happy to reflect in glory when it's going well, he needs to take the blame when it isn't. Unfortunately, at the moment, his decisions fall between bad and non-existent.

He just needs someone like a Coleman or JFH that won't put up with performances like Kelly, Tavares and Paterson put in. He's more than proven he will back a manager financially so I'd say you targeted the wrong point initially.

Maybe if he had half a brain cell and perhaps 1% of the brain cell worked, when bruno said to him he know's such a player etc, he'd research the player or even question why do you want to sign a player like mbamba from an unknown norwegian division, yet still funded the transfer, he made the deal happen with the money, so it's half smurf / half bruno.

:laugh: So a chairman with no football experience prior to 2012 is now expected to be a scout? No chance he just needs to find better management candidates.

Wonder if Mourinho or Klopp etc would work under your conditions? :laugh:

Archived