onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another Home Attendance Thread ( Away View )

ollyandpatch

Advert

If its far too expensive for home fans, then the same applies to away fans

£21 is too much and we must lose away fans every week because of this.

O.K. it migh only have been 20 Accy and Southend fans but it could be

100 + plus Shrew and Crewe fans.

Over a season it could easily cost us £50000 on away fans only

Doesnt sound a lot but i bet we wish we had that today in the bank !!

Alot of their fans will probably choose the Arsenal match instead.I know i would if i had to choose 1 out the 2..

But it doesn't make sense why the Vale do make it all ticket for Shrews,when we have probably the biggest away stand in the division..

If i wanted to go to an away game, the price being £20.50 would stop me. If the price was £18 for example - what is that extra £2.50 saving in the context of the day? bugger all in my opinion. Away games are expensive with ticket prices, travel, beer/food etc. Budget for about £40 per adult and just be happy is you have owt left. Thats the price of football in this country.

. Budget for about £40 per adult and just be happy is you have owt left. Thats the price of football in this country.

Be glad you're not in the Premier League, that'd get you your ticket in and that's it.

I've done every ground in it bar Chelsea and that's because I refused to pay £50. Whichever level you're at price will always prohibit some people. I know I and a lot of other Stoke fans have said stuff it to away games until the prices are evened out.

The best thing they could do in each league for away fans is have a set price chargeable to away fans across the board.

Carry on reading down the thread and there is also praise for Vale's pricing for concessions, including £9 for people aged 60 and over and including 18-yr-olds, so it's not all bad.

I remember paying £23 for a Lg 1 away game at Brighton six years ago, in possibly the worst stadium I've ever been to, barring the old Shay and Doncaster's wreck of a stadium in the 1980s.

So yes, Vale isn't cheap, but it's not the worst at these lower levels. Whether people go to away games or not depends largely on how well their team is doing. People wouldn't think twice about paying an extra couple of quid if their team was on a roll, as Shrews were last season.

Carry on reading down the thread and there is also praise for Vale's pricing for concessions, including £9 for people aged 60 and over and including 18-yr-olds, so it's not all bad.

I remember paying £23 for a Lg 1 away game at Brighton six years ago, in possibly the worst stadium I've ever been to, barring the old Shay and Doncaster's wreck of a stadium in the 1980s.

So yes, Vale isn't cheap, but it's not the worst at these lower levels. Whether people go to away games or not depends largely on how well their team is doing. People wouldn't think twice about paying an extra couple of quid if their team was on a roll, as Shrews were last season.

It's not £9 for over 60's it's £15.

Travel there and back to home cost £5 approx.

Total of £20 + drink etc is too much for pensioners.

Supported Vale for 58 years, but now the board have priced me out of it. Can find find better things to do with £20 out of the pension money.

It's not £9 for over 60's it's £15.

Travel there and back to home cost £5 approx.

Total of £20 + drink etc is too much for pensioners.

Supported Vale for 58 years, but now the board have priced me out of it. Can find find better things to do with £20 out of the pension money.

Spot on there Tony, Its £15, not only that there are no concessions if a pensioner wants a season ticket, which is disgusting, being that some of these pensioners have been supporting the club 50, 60, years or more, also they have had three price increases in twelve months totaling 25% on pay on the gate prices, if this how the club treat these people, who have introduced their children and grandchildren, to the club they are more than likely going to lose more than the 1000 fans a week.

Our prices are ridiculous to be honest.

Tunstall Potter was on here the other night talking a lot of sense. We have got to do something NOW to get people, kids especially through the door or the future looks very bleak indeed. We should be out there giving tickets away in schools and through community schemes. What harm would it do? The seats are empty anyway and it could only mean more spent on programmes, food and drink, golden goal etc.

We price season tickets fairly well but we need to do a lot more to get people in who wouldn't normally be that interested.

Archived