onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Slovenia v England

robf

After mauling the Maltese minnows... (hold on, is that actually right? - OVF editor) can England slay Slovenia on Tuesday?

We know a lot of you like discussing the England game so please use this thread to discuss the game before, during and after the action...

Advert

Reports are Rooney is to be dropped for this game.

We now know this to be correct.

Personally I'm disgusted at the treatment Rooney gets from the press and some England 'fans'. He may not be the force he once was but he's still a great player and worthy of his England place. If anything he has been too willing to play where ever he's asked and to try and fulfill any role he's asked, maybe he should be more selfish and declare himself a striker or nothing?

Why do we always have to demonise someone in the national team? I think the papers do it to shift more copies of rags like The Scum or The Daily Heil. Even if Rooney is deemed past his sell by date at international level he doesn't need to be berated like some vile creature, the papers who do this to him were all big fans of Jimmy Savile until it was too late and he'd croaked it and let's not pretend they didn't know what he was like.

Rooney should be treated with respect for the way he's given his best efforts for the national team, no one's beyond criticism but he doesn't deserve being lambasted and anyway I don't think he's playing that badly. I'd rather have him over the likes of Jordan Henderson any day.

As far as I'm concerned if he isn't wanted by England or Man Utd any time I'll go and fetch him and bring him to a warm welcome at Vale Park! He'd love Wright's pies and Titanic ale.

Personally I'm disgusted at the treatment Rooney gets from the press and some England 'fans'. He may not be the force he once was but he's still a great player and worthy of his England place. If anything he has been too willing to play where ever he's asked and to try and fulfill any role he's asked, maybe he should be more selfish and declare himself a striker or nothing?

Why do we always have to demonise someone in the national team? I think the papers do it to shift more copies of rags like The Scum or The Daily Heil. Even if Rooney is deemed past his sell by date at international level he doesn't need to be berated like some vile creature, the papers who do this to him were all big fans of Jimmy Savile until it was too late and he'd croaked it and let's not pretend they didn't know what he was like.

Rooney should be treated with respect for the way he's given his best efforts for the national team, no one's beyond criticism but he doesn't deserve being lambasted and anyway I don't think he's playing that badly. I'd rather have him over the likes of Jordan Henderson any day.

As far as I'm concerned if he isn't wanted by England or Man Utd any time I'll go and fetch him and bring him to a warm welcome at Vale Park! He'd love Wright's pies and Titanic ale.

Gazza's dropped Wazza for tactical reasons and he's done it for the benefit of the team.

Totally agree.

Would have thought it would have been more logical to drop Rooney against Malta and see how the team did against weaker opposition rather than against one of the stronger teams in the group and away from home.

So who is going to replace Rooney, presumably it will be Eric Dier which means England's tactics are plain for everyone to see. Also, is Southgate saying Lingard (assuming he plays) is a better choice than Rooney in this crucial match, mmmmm. Bet Slovenia are licking their chops.

My point about Rooney is irrelevant to whether or not he's picked for this game, that's Southgate's perogative, I'm just outraged at him being booed by some so-called England fans after the service he's given for our national team, I believe he should be shown some respect because he's earned it.

Fans that boo players of their own club or country need to give their head a wobble full stop.

Fans that boo players of their own club or country need to give their head a wobble full stop.

ok, im sorry but it needs to be said, no they dont, there's fans out there who will never ever, and i mean never have the money he earns in one week in there whole life time, what's he ever done to deserve a place in the england squad? what passion does he show? there's probably one or two player's who show a bit of passion when theyre playing, ali and perhaps kane, the rest, well enough said, i will / never boo vale player's because port vale is my passion and who i support, i do love my country, but not the player's who represent this country, they simply arent good enough, and if fans feel anyone of these player's playing / representing england dont show enough passion / arent good enough then they have every right to boo who they want to whether other's like it or not.

ok, im sorry but it needs to be said, no they dont, there's fans out there who will never ever, and i mean never have the money he earns in one week in there whole life time, what's he ever done to deserve a place in the england squad? what passion does he show? there's probably one or two player's who show a bit of passion when theyre playing, ali and perhaps kane, the rest, well enough said, i will / never boo vale player's because port vale is my passion and who i support, i do love my country, but not the player's who represent this country, they simply arent good enough, and if fans feel anyone of these player's playing / representing england dont show enough passion / arent good enough then they have every right to boo who they want to whether other's like it or not.

Come on then,if you reckon these players aren't good enough.Name your team to replace these on show tonight?

Archived