onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

SEO still alive & Kicking

old sage

Advert

I'm neither pro board or anti board, just anti SEO.
It really is rich hearing a Stripey eyes preaching about our tactics. You have a very short memory haven't you ?.I well remember your faithful scaling the stands and hammering on the board's lounge area, amid very ugly scenes and the fact that your gates dropped to often less than 10,000. Isn't that starving them out but with out the title. It's dead easy to be 'loyal' when everything is rosy. I'm sorry but don't come preaching to Port Vale supporters.

Old Sage, you are hardly in a position to tell people to stop 'preaching'. I was merely giving my opinion on the matter, from the outside but as someone who attends the games and actually want Vale to do well. Now is the time to pull together instead of killing the club. I understand as I've said the B and G campaign, and I think that they have gone about their campaign in a dignified way without making it personal.

Having never seen any investment fall through and knowing Bratt is stepping down only as a requirement of the new investors I obviously have no doubts that Bratt being a gonner is a foregone conclusion... SEO for me until Bratt and Oliver are history, the timescale for that is in their hands.

Old Sage, you are hardly in a position to tell people to stop 'preaching'. I was merely giving my opinion on the matter, from the outside but as someone who attends the games and actually want Vale to do well. Now is the time to pull together instead of killing the club. I understand as I've said the B and G campaign, and I think that they have gone about their campaign in a dignified way without making it personal.
I suggest you preach to the board, they need the sermons, hope you enjoy it.

How are they killing the club? The team are doing well, and the board members are quitting in droves.

What is troubling you???

I'm sorry but it is the protesters who have in actual fact prevented the board of directors killing the club. Do you seriously believe without the presence of the various protest groups the directors would have been removed?. If you do then I'm afraid we will never agree.

I note you have made no comment on what happened down your end. 'People in Glasshouses' comes to mind.:ohmy:

It's not my club (thankfully), I just have a ST due to my wife and it being her club. It frustrates her so much because she just wants the club to push on, fresh start, things have changed now or are changing. The club won't have been hit that hard by SEO either. Perry has worked wonders securing extra sponsorship, like Greene King and Elior.

If the club has not been hit hard then why have they just come out with yet another season ticket offer?

I am going to leave it now. Looking forward to my pre-match pint in the Bulls followed by a comfortable home win for Vale tomorrow. Maybe one day things will be sorted out to an extent where OVF returns to a Vale football messageboard with fans arguing about team selections as opposed to political differences. I am sure we can all agree on that.

Kinda spot on with me that(even tho ur a stokie)...

I just feel that, whilst respecting peoples passion for what they believe in if every time we disagreed or felt strongly about the actions of our own employers,buisiness partners,staff members or emplyees etc etc then the world would come to a grinding halt.IMO following the team is what we all enjoy doing and thats all that should matter...its only football!..in the grander scheme of things it dont really matter..(im sure il get shouted down)....cmon vale tomrow.cant wait to make the long journey with the family

...and exactly how many protests have you attended?

...how many matches have you attended this season?

So, my answer to you is: how do you know what the will of the fans is?

Did you deliberately read the extract out of context or did it confuse you?

As the subject matter was SeO I assumed you had the comprehension to apply the statement to those fans.... [not all the fans].... they have quite clearly stated their will and intention... as have B&G.... that is the nettle the present and any future board have to grasp.

As for living out of the country, yes thats a personal choice just as living in burslem/hanley/or anywhere else is.... I compared what is with what could be and had the testicular fortitude to make the necessary changes... a little similar to SeO I suppose

What difference does it make how many protests I have attended?

What difference does it make how many matches I have attended?

I would just like to point out to those who may be a little confused that though the B&G protests have been suspended until the investment has been acheived,the SEO campaign is still in place.

While it is up to you as an individual to decide whether you go back to Vale Park, I feel that in view of the past untrustworthy nature of our board It would be folly to go and renew your Season Ticket just yet. Pay on the gate if you can't resist your Vale fix but for me and many others I wont be going near the place as too many promises were unfullfilled in the past. I hope that the majority of SEO supporters feel the same. Remember this is the one that brought the board to their knees, don't pick them up just yet.

Here's to 3 points against Accrington and a good home crowd getting behind the promotion push. Up the Vale!

Archived