onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

No Houses Could Be Built and they knew it!

andy jones

Just because there are mine shafts does not mean you cannot build houses! How come the pitch, stands etc have not sunk??

You can build anything including houses in, on and around mine shafts. Northwich (salt mines) London (underground) Dubai (built on new sand beaches that were ounce the sea) could go on and on but not really worth it!!

Mine shafts are normally capped not filled in it happened on the retail park at Wolstanton where 3 shafts were capped........The Salt mines at Northwich causing subsidence was caused years ago by pumping hot water through the workings and dissolving the salt and 28M was spent in 2004/7 to consolidate the strata, in other words salt mines are self supporting i worked at the Winsford mine years ago and the roadways were 20mts wide and 20mts high........NO roof supports, so you are correct Macc.

London underground in the early days was all brickwork, the new tunnels are steel rings and concrete.

Advert

Just as an aside on the day Mo steps away it has been brought to my attention that apparently the survey done by the Council before loaning the Vale the money showed 5 pit shafts exist under the area owned by the club.

So I can only assume V2001 knew all along that houses could not be built on Vale Park.

This same informant tells me the club's debt to the Council now stands at over £M2.1 (i.e. more than we borrowed).

Perhaps if I forget someone will remind me to ask this question on Sunday.

Dave F

Wouldn't get your hopes up Dave. Can only see Lloyd and Lemon Head turning up!

BHF

I knew of the one under the Bycars that was found when the roof was put on, and also one under the pitch - but its just showing how Bill & Co managed to deceive so many fans who believed everything he said.

I found it incredible how everything that the Board said was treated as gospel, not only by fans , but by the media as well. Wheras everything that Mo said was debated and dissected and rubbished. The Senile have a lot to answer for IMO. ===

Shall I go and google for the mine shafts that the club paid a fortune for to have capped when Mr Bell were in charge or shall I just let people here on this forum tell you its true?

Bell told us we paid a fortune, never any proof! EG the one that appeared in the pitch was alledgedly dug with a jcb and then claimed on insurance ;)

Who cares about houses anyway. It is time we had a new stadium :).

Or may be this is the plan with Ameriturf.

Relocate to Chatterley W. Build a 6,000 seat stadium with lots of plastic pitches, sell of VP for a supermarket development.

The existing board members make a lot of money.

Never mind about mine shafts it will be the fans who have been turned over in this one.

;)

Archived