onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Perry Deakin tell us?

melv

"i assume the shareholders will not get a say/vote on the subject/"

The Board of Directors got an overwhelming vote of no confidence at the EGM

from the clubs owners the shareholders and have no moral authority or mandate....this deal is being done behind the backs of the shareholders and

once in place will mean the shareholders will never have a say or vote on

any subject.

It would seem to be the Ameriturf sponsorship to equity deal and as it is under 24.9% it doesn't have to go to the shareholders but will give the "cartel" 55% and complete control....Jackson,Meigh and Mudie can vote themselves back on and Bratt doesn't have to go anywhere.Game over.

Advert

"i assume the shareholders will not get a say/vote on the subject/"

The Board of Directors got an overwhelming vote of no confidence at the EGM

from the clubs owners the shareholders and have no moral authority or mandate....this deal is being done behind the backs of the shareholders and

once in place will mean the shareholders will never have a say or vote on

any subject.

It would seem to be the Ameriturf sponsorship to equity deal and as it is under 24.9% it doesn't have to go to the shareholders but will give the "cartel" 55% and complete control....Jackson,Meigh and Mudie can vote themselves back on and Bratt doesn't have to go anywhere.Game over.

That's the way I see it, still, they can't live forever.

First and foremost i would like to thank Perry for his speedy reply.

Here is a copy of his reply.

Melv

Thanks for your email.

I appreciate the points you make but these things are always very commercially sensitive and I cannot talk about the current negotiations at the moment without being in breach of contract.

What I can say is that you have never heard about investment from me and I hope that this counts for a little. I am personally involved with this one and can absolutely assure you it is very exciting for the club and will be finalised in a very short period.

I do not believe any of the investors you list are currently in negotiation with us.

Hope that helps

Perry

Fair play : he actually replied. Let's see what HAPPENS. Talk is cheap.

Well done Perry, but you do realise that you will now get slated by the Anti Vale mob for trying to answer questions asked openly & honestly........VALE FOREVER...

Seriously.... was there any need?

Fair play to him for replying. I can't say I expected any more than the info being 'commercially sensitive'.... It always is! But at least he's making an effort. I must say I too am sitting on the fence a bit with Mr Deakin. He seems to be doing his job as CEO as well as he could. I think the Nantwich 'debacle' was more to do with him being mis-informed than him purposefully lying. That's my verdict on him anyway.

Deakin seems alright bar the Nantwich issue he was bought in to do a job by the board but that doesnt mean he is like them at all. He has bought in a lot more professionalism commercially to us with the extra hoardings, stand sponsors, caterers etc which the board would not have done. Think the guy deserves a chance and to be fair he wasnt around when the Nantwich contract was drawn up so may well have not had all the information.

Lets see what the investment is then judge.

To be fair it's about all he could reasonably be expected to say. I think pretty much everyone accepts he's doing a better job than the last CEO but the bar was set very low.

Stupid comments from serial fantasist ex employees will only reinforce the barriers between us and the club, both sides need to be a bit more open to discussion and fair play to melv for giving credit for a speedy response.

Well done Perry, but you do realise that you will now get slated by the Anti Vale mob for trying to answer questions asked openly & honestly........VALE FOREVER...

Hope you don't mind me asking but just who are the Anti Vale mob? :unsure: I know lots of people who are anti Board but anti Vale...not very many on this website i'd have thought. :rolleyes:

If he replies to an email like this he will go down in my estimations big time.

Keep it up though Melv - You really are applying the pressure with approaches like this!!!

Care to tell us why he has gone down in your expectations?

Credit to him for his reply its far better than ignoring honest,genuine questions.

I'm on my phone, on an Internet forum. if I was writing a letter to the CEO I'd make sure it was in at least half-decent English, or you'll never be taken seriously.

Spot on Burt.

Surprised there wasn't some potteries slang chucked in as well.

He should expect some sort of a reply though I doubt very much whether they will be at liberty to divulge any specific data and as Perry is seeminly the most professional individual in relation to these matters I wouldn't imagine he will let his tongue run away with him.

Archived