onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should Vale be moving quicker to replace Rob Page?

robf

Rob Fielding hopes that the delay to appoint a new manager is for a good reason as the club face losing out on targets. Rob Fielding writes… The news that Louis Dodds have left and captain Carl Dickinson is worried about a “massive” paycut should set alarm bells ringing at Vale Park. This website is […]

More...

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED FEED OF A STORY FROM THE OVF FRONTPAGE

Advert

Well by my logic probably the main reason for a three week delay would be that someone is under contract and Vale are waiting till it ends. Presumably the manager has either given notice or will be out of contract in mid-June.

If that is the case there isn't any worry over "rushing" because the decision has already been made and what the club are doing in effect is saving some compensation money by waiting till a contract expires.

My concern would be that if that is the case then it may be better to pay compensation, get the new man in and get him signing players rather than delaying and seeing all the best targets go and at the same time some of our out-of-contract players into the bargain.

Of course - if the delay is for another reason then the above doesn't hold true but I would suspect that is the main reason for a delay. I can't see someone not at a club asking for a three week delay to starting a new job.

Well by my logic probably the main reason for a three week delay would be that someone is under contract and Vale are waiting till it ends. Presumably the manager has either given notice or will be out of contract in mid-June.

If that is the case there isn't any worry over "rushing" because the decision has already been made and what the club are doing in effect is saving some compensation money by waiting till a contract expires.

My concern would be that if that is the case then it may be better to pay compensation, get the new man in and get him signing players rather than delaying and seeing all the best targets go and at the same time some of our out-of-contract players into the bargain.

Of course - if the delay is for another reason then the above doesn't hold true but I would suspect that is the main reason for a delay. I can't see someone not at a club asking for a three week delay to starting a new job.

Im with you except for the bold bit above... cant see that happening

But it wouldn't take much for Norman to reiterate that he has a manager lined up within 3 weeks with the credentials that are required to take the club forward or the search is still on within 3 weeks to employ a manager.

At least then we are in the picture one way or the other.

Ben, I totally agree with you on clarifying things although if it is a three week delay because they haven't even decided yet then that would really worry me.

And me and many others.

But it wouldn't take much for Norman to reiterate that he has a manager lined up within 3 weeks with the credentials that are required to take the club forward or the search is still on within 3 weeks to employ a manager.

At least then we are in the picture one way or the other.

It would help many fans to decide to buy their season tickets. Some are in limbo and very frustrated by the Chairmans lack of communication and business acumen.

Something needs to fill the void, some club news, any club news even if it isnt the news people want to hear about.

It does make you wonder - if the Chairman can debate the issue and inform fans on Twitter why isn't there an official statement on the club website and issued to the media?

Surely, if it's good enough to tell fans on Twitter it will be three weeks why not put that same information on the official site.

A statement doesn't have to say anything earth shattering - just that the club are determined to get the best possible replacement, but it's a complex and lengthy process, thank fans for their patience/support, repeat the season ticket early bird deadlines and so on...

Hopefully Smurf has a manager in line and this manager needs to give a months notice - hence the 3 weeks stated. Hopefully if this is the case, the new manager has given Brown the names of players/backroom staff they want at the club and Brown and Smurf are now putting contracts to them etc.

However, if its 3 weeks before they start interviewing managers then it would be very worrying.

If the club came out and said we have a manager chosen and things are in place regarding players/staff - that would please the fans. Smurf does not need to provide names yet, but something along those lines would satisfy most Vale fans as they know things are in place and happening.

At the moment it seems to be - yes things will happen in 3 weeks time. This message will start getting the fans worried about their beloved club. Will all the players leave who have been offered reduced contracts and will there be any decent players left to sign. If its 3 weeks (earliest) before they make a decision, what happens if the person appointed then asks for a period to think about things. Pre-season will soon be here and the squad needs time to gel and get used to each other.

Hopefully, Smurf will come out with a statement which allows the fans to know that the club is being run correctly in a professional way and the most importantly they have a manager lined up - but can't give names at the moment. This manager has a list of players he wants to sign and the club is in contact with them. Again no names need to be mentioned.

Archived