onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chesterfield 4 Port Vale 2, post match sorrows

Fosse69

That was my argument about Smurf saying there will be budget cuts mate. Yes we all know he's done some excellent things and a lot of it is mind games. However he did it just after the Crawley game when we were Midtable last Season. We then went 11games with only 1 win. He's done the same again this Season and what's happened, our Season collapses.

Yes we all know players are lucky people and fans would give their right arms to be in their positions but telling someone you will face a 40% cut in your wages is hardly going make them perform better.

Yes Smurf we know we need more fans, yes we know the reason why you say these things, just don't ****** say them when the players had a chance of the ****** playoffs.

Advert

That was my argument about Smurf saying there will be budget cuts mate. Yes we all know he's done some excellent things and a lot of it is mind games. However he did it just after the Crawley game when we were Midtable last Season. We then went 11games with only 1 win. He's done the same again this Season and what's happened, our Season collapses.

Yes we all know players are lucky people and fans would give their right arms to be in their positions but telling someone you will face a 40% cut in your wages is hardly going make them perform better.

Yes Smurf we know we need more fans, yes we know the reason why you say these things, just don't ****** say them when the players had a chance of the ****** playoffs.

Let's be honest every time these players and the manager had a sniff of the play offs they have bottled it, we are light years away in a poor league.

If the gutless *******s don't want to earn their money now then they should be disciplined, do you worry about what you are earning next year when you drive you current fare off a cliff?

More ruthlessness in front of goal in the first half would have put the game out of sight but they were motivated and organised to come at us second half when we came out half asleep and the defence was shocking. Corners count 9 for us hardly threatened, 8 for them, every one looked like it might produce a goal.

Aren't you going to go crying to mods that I'm being mean to you again? I genuinely worry for your child being raised by somebody like yourself.

Anyway, can anyone who was at the game comment on how Streete played?

Thought he was one of our best players first half but the whole defence a shambles second half

My take on the game was:

Alnwick poor on crosses and poor distribution.

Purkiss struggled with their winger second half

Duffy simply poor

Streete played ok

Dicko struggled with their winger second half

Grant played ok

Foley tried hard but lost possession too easily.

Moore lacks confidence tends to run up his own backside

Dodds are best player today

AJ took his goal well. I presume was injured if taken off

Kelly lost possession and made wrong decisions when in possession

Hooper took his goal but not a natural goal scorer

My take on the game was:

Alnwick poor on crosses and poor distribution.

Purkiss struggled with their winger second half

Duffy simply poor

Streete played ok

Dicko struggled with their winger second half

Grant played ok

Foley tried hard but lost possession too easily.

Moore lacks confidence tends to run up his own backside

Dodds are best player today

AJ took his goal well. I presume was injured if taken off

Kelly lost possession and made wrong decisions when in possession

Hooper took his goal but not a natural goal scorer

Would Raglan get in the Vale team

Let's face it it's all of RP's making. Grant shouldn't be in the starting 11 it should be Brown. Page always talks about "keeping hold of the shirt" well we got a draw at Shrewsbury with him in and then we lose against Barnsley with Grant back in after his shocker against Burton.

And I'm not knocking Grant either when he's been one of our best players this season.

And his treatment of Neal was disgraceful. Throws all his eggs in one basket with Alnwick but looks stupid when Alnwick starts making mistakes.

Purkiss needs a good young back-up for next season, someone like Jack Grimmer (again) I would go for and we need to make sure our signings in the summer can actually attack a ball with their head.

A must for next season is a goalkeeper jigsaw Alnwick cannot be trusted, how many points has he cost us this season ?

I guess it was Smurfs cost cutting that saw Neale go out on loan, that along with his budget cut pronouncement, has had a disastrous effect on the team.

I don't blame Page at all,the blame lies firmly with the owner,fair and square.

Their left winger caused the damage. By the time we wised up to him the damage was done.

Class finish from Hooper....can anyone tell me what our fans barracking the lad is going to achieve?

We should and would have been home and dry by halftime with a decent hitman.

Their home end roared them on like we used to.

Archived